Author Topic: PRODUCING POSTS OF LAMENESS SINCE 2004  (Read 499531 times)

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
Re: PRODUCING POSTS OF LAMENESS SINCE 2004
« Reply #630 on: November 02, 2009, 07:52:47 PM »

vladgd

« Reply #631 on: November 02, 2009, 08:26:52 PM »
pix when you got everything sorted out plox

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #632 on: November 02, 2009, 08:28:15 PM »
pix when you got everything sorted out plox
ok

vladgd

« Reply #633 on: November 02, 2009, 10:01:27 PM »
thinking about doing maby a lets play of diablo 2.  things ill need...

-a headset mic, the one i got now is not a headset, so i literally have to pick up my pic, speak, then set it down to resume play.  
-good free video recording majigger (free because id rather now blow a load of money on doing something i may not do for long)
-and i don't have really any experience with video so im not sure if ill need a separate editing apparatus as well or not

so yeah, been thinking of doing that assuming i can get the stuff needed to do it.  

but uhh i was thinking of running a character through normal.  then maby even playing diablo 1 as a sorceror.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 10:04:56 PM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #634 on: November 03, 2009, 02:22:17 AM »
If you need to know anything about video, I can probably help you, or send you to somewhere that can. I've been into AMVs for a while, and I've done a lot of research into encoding, compression and such, and I've used a host of different programs.

I haven't done much with video in a long time, but I still remember a lot.

As for a free recorder, you can try http://camstudio.org/. And if your recording, please don't just use the defaults. Whenever you record something, record it in the final encoder, if possible. Every time you have to re-compress video (say, when you edit the actual video, cut stuff out) it degrades the quality. If your planning on editing heavily, save it as really high quality (higher than you plan on releasing as output, preferably lossless, if you have enough room on your hard drive.) If you do plan on working with a lossless video as your base, I suggest Lagarith (It's one of the ones AMV makers use, so it should be good.)

As for video editing software that's free, I dunno. I would NOT suggest using windows movie maker. It's a pile of junk compared to most other video editors. I'd personally suggest tracking down a PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE copy of either Sony Vegas or Adobe Premier.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #635 on: November 03, 2009, 03:30:14 AM »
i tried messing with camstudio in the past but i could never get anything to look "good" on it, even when recording something as trivial as diablo 2 in the 800x600 resolution.  tried messing with it again now that you brought it up with no real good results after fiddling around with settings and trying different games (diablo 2, torchlight, stepmania....all faired the same quality wise)

not to mention it wouldn't really let me fiddle with speaker sounds (gave me some error) and i would have to literally scream into my mic for me to be heard.

ill have to do some looking around later.

but really ill get lazy and find creative ways of using my camera to record ghetto like.

*edit*

as for compression, i think im going to give virtualdub a whack.  

*eeddr*

ok so 5 minutes of youtube, download xvid codec, compress file in virtualdub using the xvid codec, don't mess with any settings....

turned a 355mb file into a 136mb file....quality loss, trivial (ie uploaded to youtube, it's impossible to tell the difference)

ill probably find creative places to mount my camera for now, since that's part of the fun for me.  i don't need to piss with video recording settings, and i don't need a mic...because it's a fucking camera.  going to edit in a little while with my test video.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 04:09:51 AM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #636 on: November 03, 2009, 05:01:19 AM »
Personally, I say h264 is better than xvid, and you could likely get even better compression with either one by spending a couple minutes toying with settings (well, a couple minutes if you know what your doing, much longer otherwise).

Virtualdub is a nice front end for compression, and I'm kinda surprised I forgot to mention it.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #637 on: November 03, 2009, 06:05:20 AM »
guess ill be using windows media for splicing multiple videos together quickly and easily, being as it's fast, and it's like a default windows application so i don't need to download something.

i have a journey if you will recorded, a little trip to mcdonalds for some breakfast.  9 or so videos, pretty much footage to figure out how to splice multiple videos into one video.  needless to say it's as easy as booting up windows media, putting the files in there and saving it. 

it's like 460mb for 9:36 of video so ill upload er tomorrow and throw it in my video whore thread.  i think it turned out ok anyway, im not bothered by ghetto transitions since it's all of the clips into one video.  even after watching it, i think i could do fairly decent for lets playing.  i mean, when im recording i can come up with random talk and yeah, hopefully it will produce something entertaining and fun to watch.  i mean i don't know about y'all, but when im watching somebody lp, i just want a regular joe playing a vidya, talking about the vidya he is playing.  nothing outrageous, just a regular dude doing his thing.  i guess that's what most lp's are, but some people try to try too hard to be funny, and really i think that's bad.  just be you, and if you enjoy doing what you do, keep on doing it. 

so i reckon the next step for me is to figure out how to mount my camera in such a way to see my monitor good.  then uhh when i figure that out...ill be starting a "Let's Play Diablo 2: LoD - Part 1"  unlike oblivion, i actually like diablo 2, so it shouldn't fail like my oblivion attempt.  or if it does, i will at least have a video or two up.  i reckon ill have to decide which class to play...90% chance it will be a fishymancer, but hey, i might just change my mind later.

tldr- journey to mcdonalds will be uploaded later, going to try and get set up for a diablo 2 lets play. 

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #638 on: November 03, 2009, 08:11:39 AM »
WMM works for splicing videos together... And that's about it. ANY other decent editing should be done in something (anything!) else.

Also, about lps: They began on somethingawful, and (most) were fucking funny as shit. They were uploaded to places like youtube because it's easy to share videos that way. Then a billion retards on youtube discovered the (usually) hilarious SA lps, and began to make their own terrible imitations.

Also, if your using WMM, try not to save it as a compressed video there, and then re-compress it in vdub. If your going to compress it with virtualdub, export your WMM video in either really high quality, or uncompressed. The more times you compress something, the worse it looks. When you have video like D2, where there are lots of dark areas, round objects, fast moving parts along with some parts that are low motion (like the dark areas in a cave), your going to have a lot of compression artifacts on anything other than uncompressed video, because those are all hard to compress well while keeping them looking right.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 03, 2009, 12:46:45 PM »
Been playing ff7 and I have the most op'd party...heh I mean every one (cept Cait Sith...who cares about him anyway?) Have level 3 limitbreaks and I have almost 6 green materia mastered.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 03, 2009, 03:41:34 PM »
I remember going through the game using Yuffie and Cait Sith as my plus 2, since no one ever uses them. I was surprised at how good Yuffie is, and Cait Sith has a nice limit break to work with.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #641 on: November 03, 2009, 07:08:42 PM »
remember when ff7 was a good game

me neither =D

[/obvious joke]

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #642 on: November 03, 2009, 07:47:32 PM »
I remember going through the game using Yuffie and Cait Sith as my plus 2, since no one ever uses them. I was surprised at how good Yuffie is, and Cait Sith has a nice limit break to work with.

I always used Yuffie.

Cuz she was hott.

"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

vladgd

« Reply #643 on: November 03, 2009, 09:02:46 PM »
think i should do a poll to decide which class to play in diablo 2? 

figure ill come up with 4-5 options, poll it up on here for a week, then go with the highest.  i can't say for the other options, but for sure "summoning necromancer" and "poison vine druid" are two options fo sho.  no sorc, no zon(guided arrow nerf = they suck) is a guarantee however, i don't like either class. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 03, 2009, 09:39:39 PM »
Barbarian with jumping maxed and ranged weapons only.