Author Topic: PRODUCING POSTS OF LAMENESS SINCE 2004  (Read 473420 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: PRODUCING POSTS OF LAMENESS SINCE 2004
« Reply #855 on: December 02, 2009, 11:12:50 PM »
I bought Torchlight last week.  That game is fucking awesome.  Sooooo fun!

I love the fact that my dog can cast a FIRE SWORD OF DEATH and throw fireballs at people.  Freaking brilliant.

Also my Borderlands won't start without crashing/going unresponsive right before it's supposed to hit the main menu screen.

Boo.  Did Steam push a bad update or something? :(
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: December 03, 2009, 03:43:13 AM »
Not sure, I think Steam did update twice or something.

Also Vlad, you might want to reinstall, or better yet read some troubleshooting. Considering the mod community there has to be a decent help FAQ somewhere.

vladgd

« Reply #857 on: December 03, 2009, 05:43:37 AM »
reinstalling STALKER = sever hour long download

so i downloaded full spectrum warrior, and it ran like shit.  the fix for that, unplug my internet, worked fine when i did that.

i hope the next game i download from that pack runs fine, because thus far, those have been the only games ive had problems with on steam.

that said, i bought final fantasy 7...on the playstation store to play on my psp...

i have a spending problem...

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: December 03, 2009, 04:30:49 PM »
My friend let me borrow is copy of IIDX Pokemon GGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDD!

My started Pokemon is level 13 and I am not even near the first gym.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #859 on: December 03, 2009, 08:20:40 PM »
My Slim PS3 showed up today. It's pretty damn sexy. I still hate the XMB though. What a terrible system interface. So now that's out in the living room as the DVD/Bluray player (specifically went and got Watchmen for it) and I'll play games on it when my mom and dad are asleep.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #860 on: December 03, 2009, 09:38:13 PM »
I still hate the XMB though. What a terrible system interface.

Maybe I'm just used to it but I find it to be a hell of a lot better than the 360's interface.  At the very least, XMB runs waaaay smoother than both the old 360 Dashboard and NXE.

My only real complaint about XMB is the overly large options menu, but just about all of them are one-shot settings so I can tolerate that.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #861 on: December 03, 2009, 09:51:28 PM »
It just has too many options and things that could be combined. NXE is really bad too just because of how much wasted space it ends up with even though it doesn't even give you that much information. The old blades interface worked a lot better. The PSP version of XMB works better because it has less options to it. Maybe I'll like the PS3 version when I put a theme or something on it that isn't just the default background.

Like, it's actually surprising to me, but I like the Wii interface the most. All the system stuff is off where it should be, access SD card from the main screen, rearrange all of my downloaded stuff to be right there on the main page. I like things to be front and center.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #862 on: December 03, 2009, 10:49:57 PM »
Yeah, I hear you.  Really, aside from the options screen I don't have much of a problem with it.  Now that I think about it, I kind of shudder to think of what the games menu will look like if a PS3 user were to go on a PSN shopping spree.  I know from experience that it can get a little annoying with a PSP and an 8GB memory stick (because, honestly, screw UMD and not having any battery life on my gen 1 PSP; the first thing I do is rip those suckers), I'd hate to think about what you can do with a 160-250GB hard drive.

The Wii interface is fine, but it does have one extremely major flaw: the inability to use GameCube controllers to traverse the menu.  Considering I use it more as a GameCube than a Wii, the lack of that feature is insanely annoying.  It might have been resolved in one of Nintendo's futile attempts to defeat softmodding, who knows...I hardly use the thing anymore. :s

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #863 on: December 03, 2009, 11:08:49 PM »
It might have been resolved in one of Nintendo's futile attempts to defeat softmodding

lol. Yeah, nintendo's efforts there have been pretty pathetic. And, though I rarely get to use a Wii, I can definitely agree that it would be nice to be able to use the GC controllers to navigate the menus.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: December 04, 2009, 12:01:17 AM »
And, though I rarely get to use a Wii, I can definitely agree that it would be nice to be able to use the GC controllers to navigate the menus.

Seconding so fucking hard, every time I play smash or GG AC I have to deal with that shit.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #865 on: December 04, 2009, 12:02:23 AM »
It's really odd that it doesn't let you use a GC controller because it does let you use a classic controller to navigate if you want. I guess it does just sort of boot into GC mode to play GC stuff so they didn't want to take the time to program that in. Who knows really.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: December 04, 2009, 12:19:46 AM »
But then there's the Wii games that support the GC controller. It doesn't seem like they have a real reason to require the Wiimote for the screen other than to require that people have a Wiimote to go with their Wii.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #867 on: December 04, 2009, 02:29:07 AM »
Yeah, that's probably it. Honestly, it IS quite a bit faster to navigate just using a pointer and it really is more convenient since I enjoy being able to pick my remote and just turn it all on wirelessly because my system's sort of off in a corner that's awkward to get to (though it's the only place it could be due to space constraints). I rarely ever touch the actual power button on the system itself and really only go over there to take discs out and put a new one in.

Although I can still see how it'd be nice to be able to use the GC controller when you just want to use a GC controller right away anyway. Either way, it's still my favorite system menu.

Actually, the 360 wins worst main menu just due to me paying a yearly amount for Gold and still having ads stuffed in my face. Nice to know my money's getting me something.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: December 04, 2009, 03:17:28 AM »

After seeing this video, which shows a few scenes from Torque, I really want to get this movie for a Bad Movie Night. It looks so hilariously bad that it's impossible to think that the director was taking it at all seriously.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: December 04, 2009, 03:40:55 AM »
Oh wow, is this Devil May Cry: the movie?