Author Topic: PRODUCING POSTS OF LAMENESS SINCE 2004  (Read 496407 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: PRODUCING POSTS OF LAMENESS SINCE 2004
« Reply #885 on: December 06, 2009, 03:18:56 PM »
why am I not surprised you're a bouncer

lol, agreed.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: December 06, 2009, 11:42:31 PM »
Lol, because i'm awesome :)

vladgd

« Reply #887 on: December 07, 2009, 04:35:20 AM »
so im like using an FAQ for ff7 so i don't miss any of the "LOL YOU MISSED THIS CAN'T GET IT AGAIN TILL YOU START A NEW FILE" items in the game.  it's quite nice on the psp so i don't need to get up or anything and i can just chill by my pc.

also nice is a FAQ which tells you when would be a good time to steal some items.  i mean, stealing is a cool thing, it's just you can't really know some stuff until you try stealing from everything, and sometimes stealing a single item takes a lot of time, so using a FAQ for this reason is also really nice.

that and i beat the game already so why not try to get everything this time around.

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: December 07, 2009, 07:42:47 AM »
I forget the exact name, but there are dudes in the Shin-Ra building (something like SOLDIER No. 3 or some shit like that) that have Hardedges you can steel. Those things are amazing for Cloud to have that early in the game, since you normally can't buy them until Junon.

That, and if you grind enough to level up your characters/materia in the Shin-Ra building (like I did, whoo-hoo Bio2 lol rhyme), the game is ludicrously easy also until about the Junon region.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #889 on: December 07, 2009, 07:53:16 AM »
The whole game is ridiculously easy. I can't remember if it's only the PC version or not, but due to the scrolling numbers for your HP, using Haste + Regen means you regain health faster than it can be dealt to you. So basically you can never die ever unless it's instant death or you get knocked out of the fight like from what the Weapons can do.

vladgd

« Reply #890 on: December 07, 2009, 08:07:50 AM »
the game isn't hard, but, that doesn't prevent me from forgetting ONE TIME ONLY items.  

and i didn't know about the hardedge thing, so im glad i picked one up.  it's a stupidly good upgrade for the point in the game you get it.

also i stole three carbon bangles from the ball robot things, those are also really good.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: December 07, 2009, 09:06:41 AM »
Before you go to Junon don't forget to get the Beta enemy skill from the Midgar Zolom.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #892 on: December 07, 2009, 02:13:25 PM »
Beta's not even that great really. It uses too much MP for the first time you see the Zolom and that stupid thing gives almost no experience.

I always stole from every enemy in the olden days. FF6, FF7, FF8 not so much unless I had Mug on someone just because you did damage at the same time and you had to to get more of certain items sometimes, and then FF9 gave every boss multiple awesome weapons and armor pieces to steal and I was in heaven.

The easiest thing to miss in all of FF7 is definitely the W-Item materia.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: December 07, 2009, 05:06:00 PM »
Beta's not even that great really. It uses too much MP for the first time you see the Zolom and that stupid thing gives almost no experience.

Very true but you do have to admit it makes several bosses cake walk on the first disk.

Speaking of the first disk the best place to train after you get the buggy (if you are going for all enemy skills) is the tunnel that connects to the elevator to the Underwater Reactor.  Press the siren to let it go off and just fight for a while you get 900-2100 exp and 90-210 ap.  With everyone having double ap growth you can master materia rather quickly.  Hell before I got to the Temple of the Cetra I had all the obtainable magic materia mastered and had about 1/2 of the obtainable summons mastered at that point and time.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #894 on: December 07, 2009, 09:01:51 PM »
Man, I'm always underleveled when I play FF games. Probably because I don't stick around and grind anywhere, and I ignore those "easy exp" places unless I need to go back and level up some, lol.

But it can make some boss fights a lot more interested (and/or a lot more annoying).

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #895 on: December 07, 2009, 09:36:05 PM »
I love Lost Odyssey because you technically can't overlevel for the main game. The game caps you at a certain level in each area as you go, but you can still learn skills through battles so instead of just overpowering bosses, you can just give yourself more options for strategies and combinations of skills. Then the optional stuff lets you level to 99 if you want. I should really finish everything in that game. It's my favorite RPG on 360. If you called the game Final Fantasy, it would pretty much fit right in.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: December 07, 2009, 09:47:30 PM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/07/mod-adds-travis-touchdown-to-team-fortress-2-left-4-dead/

Fucking do want. Funny how it looks better

Also I think under-leveling is a bigger problem then over leveling anyways, at least that's how it was with Digital Devil Saga 2. Grinded in that game until I could basically end every fight with the current area enemies in a few turns, yet I still couldn't beat meganada due to my magic trees being a mess.

vladgd

« Reply #897 on: December 08, 2009, 05:11:02 AM »
under armour + cold weather = KICKASS

seriously though, when it gets cold, i start wearing double.

double coats (hoodie under a leather coat)
double shirts
double socks

so basically all is warm save for the legs, which are now warm in the wintertime.

why has nobody told me of this?  vlad enjoys being warm.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #898 on: December 08, 2009, 09:16:51 AM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/07/mod-adds-travis-touchdown-to-team-fortress-2-left-4-dead/

Fucking do want. Funny how it looks better

Also I think under-leveling is a bigger problem then over leveling anyways, at least that's how it was with Digital Devil Saga 2. Grinded in that game until I could basically end every fight with the current area enemies in a few turns, yet I still couldn't beat meganada due to my magic trees being a mess.

Hahaha the fucking Meganada. The ends of Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 get ridiculous. I had to grind in 2 until I had Null Element and some of the other Null stuff in order to even win. SMT games are just really goddamn hard.

I actually use the Travis Touchdown skin for TF2. Although I'm not so sure it's stable or anything yet. I might just have to do a reinstall of the game or something because it's not running as well after putting Travis in there.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #899 on: December 08, 2009, 10:00:19 AM »
First time I fought Ark in FF9, I was using my alternate characters, and they were about 20 levels under the recommended level.... It took me about an hour and a half, but I did beat it first try.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x