Author Topic: Unskilled pussies, rage quitting fucktards, and beyond!  (Read 6773 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Unskilled pussies, rage quitting fucktards, and beyond!
« on: October 03, 2009, 04:14:12 AM »
After my recent rant in the "whatcha playin'" thread I started to think about a few PvP-related experiences that I've had in WoW.  Maybe it's not so much that gamers have become pussies, maybe it's just the fact that games in general are more accessible to people who don't like to think.  I'll cite a few examples.

A while back, when I was in my old guild, a few of us had planned to run Wailing Caverns and were waiting outside of Orgrimmar for a couple more to run with us.  I was playing a rogue at the time...level 20 at the time.  Two other guildies, a lv.22 pally and a lv.21 druid, and I were just chatting.  Eventually, we decided to duel.  It seemed like kind of a one-sided fight, since I was an exceedingly poorly equipped rogue facing two well-equipped (almost all rare items compared to my almost all common/uncommon gearing) players, but I was bored.

The pally beat me the first two times, but in that short gap I noticed that he used the exact same tactic every single time.  The only reason he beat me on the third attempt was because he hit lay on hands.  After having a group of 70s (this was pre-WotLK) laugh at him he decided to prove himself.  He lost soundly to an under-geared leather-wearing rogue.

The druid was even easier.  I destroyed him twice.  He eventually started spamming entangling roots and hitting me with wrath and moonfire.  He stopped dueling me when I nearly beat him by ripping him apart immediately when the duel started.

What does this prove, exactly?  While they essentially used the same tactics over and over again I adapted to their techniques and effectively countered them (and then some, given the extreme difference in gear and slight level difference).

Another incident was a bit more recent.  I was helping a few 60s sludge through the Hellfire Fortifications daily in Hellfire Peninsula when a lv.80 alliance rogue kept ganking them.  The second I went to attack the druid attempted to run.  I killed him each and every time, even on the rare occasion that he attempted to fight me.  Perfect example of your average player: dominating when possible, running away from challenges.  I despite people like that and wish they would give their computer a nice, long bath (preferably while it's on) to make the game fun and interesting for everyone else again (then again, Blizz would probably lose about 10 million players if that were to happen, so that might not be a good idea).

The most fun that I had with dueling was with Armegeddon.  While he still has yet to learn how to fully counter my priest with his warrior (holy fire, shadow word: pain, devouring plague, psychic scream, power word: shield, mind blast, smite, etc etc, dead), he's developed a number of interesting tactics to inflict as much damage as possible.  Similarly, I've been working on tactics to keep him further away from me.  Since then, the two of us rolled up a couple of new characters -- a druid for me and a hunter for him -- and the opposite effect happened.  He decimates me with ranged attacks, his pet nips at my paws, and I wind up dying a lot.

But, you know what?  Even though the two of us consistently lose on a character, it's still fun!  We're both learning new tactics, we're both learning about some of the strengths and weaknesses in the other players' classes, and we're learning the strengths and weaknesses in our own classes.

The first two people that I've dueled completely resisted this.  Both of them were kids.  If they couldn't win using the same tactic over and over again they weren't willing to play the game.  Not surprisingly, rather than being sporting, they were sure to publicly say "lol" every time they defeated under-equipped and under-leveled characters.  They sure as hell weren't laughing when I kicked their asses.  Unsurprisingly, they were bleating "bs" when they faced someone who could think and not spam the same buttons sequence over and over again.

I know it's unfair to whine about kids being like that, but the more I play online games the more of a pattern I'm seeing.  Kids today are pussies.  I know that there are exceptions, but as time goes on I see more and more people just dropping from games.  When I used to play Rocket Arena and various other Quake mods, people would rarely leave games in the middle.  Unless there was an urgent calling or they were disconnected, almost everyone would play until the round change.  While there was still smack talk, it was a lot more light-hearted and fun.

Last time I played on Xbox Live I found it hard to even finish a game because the opposing team would generally rage quit the second something bad happened to them.  I've literally been in an attack and defend game on R6: Vegas and had three people drop the second we picked up their intelligence, even though their team killed the carrier before he even made it out of the enclosure.  If they'd stayed they would have still had a very good opportunity to defend the intel, but since that one "bad thing" had happened they figured they'd drop to spare themselves the shame of losing.  Unbelievable.

But anyway, I could go on forever with this.  I mainly just wanted to drag this into its own thread, since it's something that I feel is a huge problem in online games today -- especially with consoles -- and because it's a good thing to vent about.  So, go on, I'm curious to see what kind of experiences you guys have had. :)
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

Re: Unskilled pussies, rage quitting fucktards, and beyond!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 05:19:44 AM »
im gief, opponent is ryu

i have ryu in the corner, i am just crouched waiting for him to do something.  he jumps at me, i punch him, he jumps at me again, i punch him again, he jumps at me again, i kill him with another punch.

he ragequits and sends me a message to "quit being so cheap, stop doing the same thing over and over, at least i use different moves and whatnot(ironic since he had more options other than JUMP AT ME AND EAT A PUNCH)"

i basically responded with "i hope you enjoy losing, play to win"

you get the people who say "no, i play for fun, not to win", that's fucking retarded.  if i want to sit here and spam hundred hand slap over and over, ill fucking do it.  if you want to sit there and eat it over and over, fine, don't counter me doing the same predictible thing over and over, as long as you are having "fun".  you do shit that helps you win, don't concern yourself with being "cheap" because how else do you fucking learn?  by your opponent going "ohh, sorry, ill quit using this move which seems to be really effective for a less effective not "cheap" move", you don't fucking do that.

quick example.  you see guile sitting there with a down charge.  you jump at him, you soon eat a flashkick.  instead of trying to jump at him again, maby..just maby you might learn to..uhh, NOT FUCKING JUMP AT A GUILE JUST BLATANTLY WAITING TO KICK YOUR NUB ASS OUT OF THE AIR!  typically you see guiles throwing half a billion sonic booms, get around them, and time your shit properly to get in.  guile can't have a charge for a flash kick the moment he throws a sonic boom, use that knowledge to your advantage. 

in reality, i forget all of what i just said when i fight akuma.  if i had one reason to stop playing street fighter, it would be akuma.  fucker is just broken in sf2, i can use that excuse.  in sf4, nigga you gay.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 05:24:27 AM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 11:39:06 AM »
Oh god, fighting games are as bad as MMOs and FPSs when it comes to 'tards.

What slays me is when the company releases a patch to fix balance issues.  You can always tell when you've spotted a non-gamer when they start whining about how they were nerfed and how everyone else is wayyyy stronger than them now.  WoW Paladins are some of the whiniest losers I've seen.  If they don't have an "I WIN" button, they do nothing but bitch.  Meanwhile, the people who are actually good at the game are driven to discover new strategies and builds and wind up dominating, sometimes doing even better than they did before.

People are so quick to make up excuses for why they didn't win.  It's as if they're being blinded by their own ego.

It's like the old doctor and patient legend:

The Pwned: WTF!
The Gamer: What's wrong?
The Pwned: Whenever I do *tactic* I get my ass handed to me.
The Gamer: Well then, don't do that anymore!
The Pwned: fuk u ur mothers a hore

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 03:26:36 PM »
Yeah, it's really quite pathetic how people get when something suddenly doesn't work for them.

sure, if I'm playing GGXX#R and I get my ass handed to me by say, Testament (because I find him stupidly hard to fight at times), I don't just try to do the same thing again, and if I lose the match entirely, I usually switch chars, because I'm not really at the point where I have different tactics for the same character yet.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 04:03:13 PM »
The first two people that I've dueled completely resisted this.  Both of them were kids.  If they couldn't win using the same tactic over and over again they weren't willing to play the game.  Not surprisingly, rather than being sporting, they were sure to publicly say "lol" every time they defeated under-equipped and under-leveled characters.  They sure as hell weren't laughing when I kicked their asses.  Unsurprisingly, they were bleating "bs" when they faced someone who could think and not spam the same buttons sequence over and over again.

My main problem with the WoW community, people can't seem to tell the difference between skill and level or gear differences. I once saw a level 70 kill an entire low level mob, some low level guy called him a jerk and he just replied with "LOL NOOB".

in reality, i forget all of what i just said when i fight akuma.  if i had one reason to stop playing street fighter, it would be akuma.  fucker is just broken in sf2, i can use that excuse.  in sf4, nigga you gay.

On a GG#Reloaded note, I've had someone fight me constantly with Justice (a boss character in the game, not balanced at all) and win and taunt me while doing it, despite me coming within inches of beating them. People won't ever seem to question game balance as long as it's in their favor, then they assume they're just amazing at the game.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 04:24:33 PM »
My main problem with the WoW community, people can't seem to tell the difference between skill and level or gear differences. I once saw a level 70 kill an entire low level mob, some low level guy called him a jerk and he just replied with "LOL NOOB".

On a GG#Reloaded note, I've had someone fight me constantly with Justice (a boss character in the game, not balanced at all) and win and taunt me while doing it, despite me coming within inches of beating them. People won't ever seem to question game balance as long as it's in their favor, then they assume they're just amazing at the game.

Yeah, playing characters that were designed to be unbalanced, and mistaking that for skill is terrible.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Kulli

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 05:31:37 PM »
While he still has yet to learn how to fully counter my priest with his warrior

tell him to stop being bad and L2MS

omg noob hurrhrurururur

(yes this was a joke)

WoW Paladins are some of the whiniest losers I've seen.  If they don't have an "I WIN" button, they do nothing but bitch.

stereotypes are cool

EDIT: you play a DK, right? HERO CLASS

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 11:37:51 PM »
Assfuck clam tard I play Tf2 (look for a 17 year old bitch named MiKeYD) has started his fucking war about how much I suck and makes fun of me for my old computer.  I can't help that I am not as rich as his Upper Class New Englander ass...and now is starting a smear campaign against me and the other regulars (and some of the admins as well) when they know that he has been starting shit with me.

I hope the fucker gets AIDS or something.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 01:52:21 AM »
Wait, he's fucking with admins? Just wait till he tries to show up on the server, and gets his shit handed to him by the admins.

Other than that, he's a fucking assclown. That (if nothing else) is why I usually hate playing heavily competitive online games.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 02:40:05 PM »
stereotypes are cool

Sadly, it happens too much to even be a stereotype.  Whenever X.X.X patch comes out the only people in my guild that really cry about anything are the pallies, followed by the DKs (depending on what the patch has in store).

The people who don't piss and moan are the exception to the rule.

EDIT: you play a DK, right? HERO CLASS

Yeah, I play my DK.  It was a fun class to level, and the OMG HORRIBLE NERFS that everyone moaned didn't really affect me all that much.

My gear is pretty terrible, but eh, whatever.  I'll get bettar stuffz eventually.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 04:04:01 PM »
Not sure if this belongs here, but I did have someone do more damage then he ever should have in GG#reloaded net play. It's kinda funny, considering he opened with a overdrive attack that did 3 quarters of my life.