Author Topic: Aion  (Read 10061 times)

vladgd

Re: Aion
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 05:25:30 AM »

level 20-22 kind of FUCKING SUCKED.  so i plugged in some accuracy manastones so i won't get resisted so goddamn much, and level 22 brought, surprisingly, ACTUAL FUCKING DAMAGE.  so yeah, i have about 6 bars exp right now after grinding a little bit.  hopefully ill be posting my "ding 24" screenshot sooner rather than later.  i also leveled a gladiator to 19, and ill post an image of her when she's 20.  leveled her during the 20-22 bullshit of my cleric, ALMOST decided to make it my main, but i basically know for a fact that i will enjoy a healer at max level over the most common class (which is a melee dps plate class) in the game known as the gladiator. 

also dig it, my armor "gasp" looks like some fucking chain armor.  i think that's pretty spiffy anyway. 

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 12:48:50 PM »
Goddamn that game looks awesome. Having not had a chance to play, I can't comment on the gameplay, but judging by what I've heard from you and such, I think I'd enjoy it.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 06:59:43 PM »
im just going to state, it's a bit more grindey than say what you may be used to in WoW/WAR.  but i guess it's a bit different.  in WoW, you grind quests, regular mobs don't give too much exp but quest exp is where it's at.  in WAR you can grind mobs for exp ONLY IF YOU AOE GRIND to get decent exp(there is literally ZERO DOWNTIME(unless you die) in this game, so if your group can manage to pull 5,6, 10, 20 mobs at a time and you barely manage to do it...you are going to keep on doing that until you manage to die or something.  two rune priests, a warrior priest, and a bright wizard....literally the bright wizard can aggro the whole goddamn area running around spamming aoe while three healers keep his ass alive...indefinitely), the questing is pretty ok for exp, but typically consistently winning scenarios (battlegrounds) yields the most exp.

aion, mobs give you more exp, and quests really only fork over decent exp if it's the end of a chain (in which you literally get NOTHING for prior quests in said chain), and sometimes the quest exp isn't even worth walking over to complete because kill 5 mobs and BAM you already got more than the quest gives you exp wise.  but mobs in this game are a bit harder, and from what ive played thus far, you really...don't want to fight more than 1 mob at a time, i mean, if you do, just run. 

though that is my experience up to level 22 anyway, ill comment if anything changes later down the road when if i make it.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 07:17:19 PM »
That sounds a lot more like your typical Korean MMO really. I'd expect it to be more mob-based than quest-based.

vladgd

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 07:18:07 PM »
1-20 = not bad

20+ korean mode

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2009, 07:19:25 PM »
Well, I've played a number of korean MMOs, so I guess I'd be fine with it, though I really do prefer quests over grinding mobs, just because if you want, you can pay attention to the quests and have some story to go along with your grinding.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2009, 11:16:55 PM »
they are also doing a poor job at dealing with the gold spam issue

unless i click on my legion or group tab (to only show legion or group chat) it's going to be high speed spam in the dialog window, nonstop.  you could tell me to block them, but their names are generally "bdrghd" or "gdrhfthfth" which takes enough time to type out as is...only to find out "that player doesn't exist", to shortly get a whisper from some guy named "rvrgvdXvdvs", yeah, ncsoft needs to get it's ass in gear with this one.  no, actually, ncsoft just needs to get mythic on the phone, because that's one thing WAR did great is killed the gold spam reletavely short after the game came out. 

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 12:20:06 AM »
Yeah, that's a problem on a lot of games. In Atlantica (Free mmo), they added a captcha to the character select scren so if you didn't get it, it'd boot you after 5 minutes. It's definitely slowed the gold spammers down.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 05:25:07 AM »
got the glad to 20

vladgd

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2009, 02:36:25 AM »
http://www.aionsource.com/forum/news-announcements/79648-letter-ncsoft-korea.html

they do most of this stuff as well as add one more thing, i will resub. 

also, that one more thing is the following

-when you attack a mob, you tag it, like in most modern mmo's today, when you attack a mob, and some other jerkoff attacks and kills it, they don't get credit or exp for the kill.

as it stands now if somebody does as much as do any damage to a mob i am attacking, he literally steals my exp from the kill.  so instead of "100xp" i get "90xp" or less.  if he does more damage to the mob than i do (say i am a templar, the tank class, attacking a mob, and some random sorceror blows all of his shit and kills the remaining 75% of it's health) they not only get more exp than i did from the mob, they get looting rights to that mob as well.  that encourages griefing, and lower dps classes (HEALERS AND FUCKING TANKS) get screwed over further motivating them to roll dps, and overall less healers and tanks will be available for groups. 

im pretty damn sure they will be doing some of those changes, and at that time, i will revive this thread.  until then, my account expires the 29th and will stay expired until some of those problems are addressed. 

not that it matters to the actual game, this is probably one of the best looking mmo out on the market today.  i mean, DAMN this game looks nice.  the only thing i can think of to compare would be EVE and that's just a completely different animal (sci fi, space ships, space, not the typical fantasy setting).

ill probably keep posting until the account ends with images of my templar (yeah...the 20+ grind is so bad i roll alts instead) if i decide to work on her. 

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2009, 03:37:06 AM »
My friends ended up getting hooked on this game. First WoW, now this....My god they're getting fat.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2009, 08:42:03 AM »
My question: Why the fuck didn't they have tagging from the beginning? Is it that fucking hard to remember that tagging actually works?

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x