Author Topic: Now offering spectere.net e-mail addresses!  (Read 5390 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Now offering spectere.net e-mail addresses!
« on: October 03, 2009, 01:56:57 AM »
Need another e-mail account?

I've gotten a bazillion (ed: slight exaggeration) e-mail addresses with each hosting package I've used that have all basically gone unused!  Earlier today I figured, well, why not actually use them for once?

I'm offering free spectere.net e-mail addresses to all y'all.  If you want one, just PM me with the desired name and password and I'll send you information about how to log in.  Several web mail interfaces are available, as well as POP3 and IMAP4 access.  As for the amount of space, I'll probably start everyone off with 250MB.  If the need arises I can increase the amount at any time (that said, my Gmail account "only" has 839MB used after five years of abuse...probably due to all of the random videos my uncle sends me).

BUT ANYHOO, let me know if you want an account and I'll hook you up. :)
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Now offering spectere.net e-mail addresses!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 02:29:02 AM »
Well, if I wasn't already using my gmail for so much, I might sign up for one. I might still sign up for one instead of using slopsbox accounts or something (I would assume your capable of just clearing the thing out whenever you feel like it).

So maybe I'll sign up for one, if I ever feel like having a personal disposable email (no offense intended, but I'm not gonna lie about what I'd likely use it for.)
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 02:31:47 AM »
Heh, that wouldn't be a bad way to test SpamAssassin, actually. :p

My main motivation for using it is to sign up to the (admittedly few) sites that disallow free e-mail hosts.  Surprisingly, there are still some idiotic webmasters out there that think that all spam comes from Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.  They have their heads so far up their own asses that it's unreal.  But, oh well, at least this is one way around it.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 02:36:26 AM »
lol, well, I like my gmail account because although 95% of my emails are automated daily/monthly/weekly/whatever newsletters/etc. I do get the odd email, and I like the spam filter and powerful interface gmail has. Practically all my spam gets caught, but what I want comes through, and considering how many sketchy websites I've signed up to, that's a good thing.

And speaking from experience, almost none of my spam comes from free hosts, because they use their filters on outgoing traffic as well as incoming, lol (generally speaking anyway).

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 03:34:48 AM »
Want to test Gmail's spam filter?  Sign up for a domain.  Woooooo boy, the amount of spam that I've gotten has increased by quite a bit after registering s.net.  I used to get ~2-5 messages a day.  Now I get 20-40.  It's amazing.

To Google's credit, I very very rarely get a piece of mail that makes it through to my inbox.  They do a damn good job.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 03:12:36 PM »
Wow, that is quite a bit of daily spam. I have no clue how much spam I get on a daily basis. though I currently have about 908 spam messages in my spam box.

In comparison, thanks to the ridiculously huge amount of automated daily mail I get, I've got 4945 unread emails in my inbox, 5498 total.

And I'm only using 286 MB, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x