Author Topic: "bad" games you love  (Read 5139 times)

vladgd

"bad" games you love
« on: December 05, 2009, 06:11:23 AM »
i beat this game, i liked it a lot, i am not joking. 

but bad games you ended up really liking ITT

ib4 argument over "but vlad how can you tell a game is bad if you liked it" because see that picture i just posted, see that game.  see that 3DO, yeah you do, now you know.

anywho, this is the only good army men game save for say...air attack which i heard was pretty fun.  it's funny i asked for an army men game for christmas (don't ask, i was a dumb kid) and i got the wrong army men game for the wrong console.  that's a classic example of your parents getting you the wrong thing, which ended up being more positive than negative.  sarges heroes for the n64 was awful(i later rented it), while army men 3D for the ps1 gave me hours and hours and hours of entertainment.  i didn't sit down long enough to beat many games back then, and this was one of those games i beat.

Kulli

Re: "bad" games you love
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 09:04:23 AM »
I like Digimon World 2

a lot of people seem to hate it, mostly because parts are like an MMO grind on a PS1 game

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 10:22:25 AM »
Heh, I enjoyed the army men games, even though they were quite bad. And yes, Army Men 3D was infinitely better than Sarge's Heros.

I have no idea what it was called, but I found some old shooter (whatever you call those ones where the camera is directly behind your ship, and you shoot into the screen, instead of vertical or horizontal shooters, is called) at a garage sale years ago for $1. It was a bad, cheaply made game from the early 90's. Just some shovelware low production cost game, but it was rather fun. I wish I could find it, just to get a picture, but it's probably lost/destroyed in my huge collection of old, random computer crap.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »
Castelvania Bloodlines.  Not as good as CV4 for the SNES and very bitchy but very good.

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 12:25:03 PM »
Speaking of Castlevania,

seriously, this game rules.  Now, I understand why most people don't like it; it has flaws, but it's a great game.

also these:
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (NES, Tengen)
Roadrunner's Death Valley Rally (SNES) - I hear people say how awful this game is, but I like it, probably because I grew up with it.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 02:39:03 PM »
Death Valley Rally is one of those games that people hate because it is ungodly hard.

I have a hard time thinking of games I like that I'd really call bad. I remember playing the Where's Waldo NES game for hours when I was a kid but I think that's just because I didn't know any better.

Apparently Last Remnant is a "bad game" in that it was reviewed poorly for the most part and most people seem to just base everything on that but it's pretty clearly an awesome game. People just don't like actually having to learn everything on their own. The game has no tutorials and no explanations for anything really so you just have to figure it out. It gets really fun though and it's at least more streamlined than the other games by that team.

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 04:20:00 PM »
I got this really crappy computer game at a dollar store called Microshaft Winblows several years ago. It sucked but it had something to do with making fun of Microsoft and I liked it for some reason.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 05:23:18 PM »
I just thought of one, Red Faction 2 the PS2 port.

Me and my friend used to set up a ton of bots and have us on a team and take them down. Now that I think of it sniping was retarded hard, it was basically set up your cross hairs and body level then strafe around until the enemy ran into the cross hairs.

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 07:06:06 PM »
I just thought of one, Red Faction 2 the PS2 port.

Me and my friend used to set up a ton of bots and have us on a team and take them down. Now that I think of it sniping was retarded hard, it was basically set up your cross hairs and body level then strafe around until the enemy ran into the cross hairs.

Oh god yes...then again NanoGL+lots of bots=high accuracy.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 09:00:28 PM »
Is the NanoGL the rail gun that could see through walls? I remember first finding out that it could shoot through walls and shitting a brick.

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 01:18:20 PM »
No the NanoGL is the grenade launcher that has the option of launching a standard 40mm 'nade or to fire stickly like c4...sorry I haven't played RF2 in so long.

The rail gun is just called the rail gun.