Poll

Which type of zombie horde would you rather be in?

Left for Dead
1 (12.5%)
The Resident Evil types
2 (25%)
Carriers
0 (0%)
Any George Ramero Film
2 (25%)
28 Days Later
2 (25%)
Evil Dead/Army of Darkness
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse  (Read 8781 times)

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
Zombie Apocalypse
« on: February 09, 2010, 01:49:34 AM »
So I have been watching alot of zombie movies this past weekend and it made me wonder if a zombie apocalypse would happen which one would you like to try to survive through?

I know it is silly but the fact that there is nut jobs out there who do experiments with various biohazard materials really has me wondering: Is it possible?

Fun Facts: Virus contains either RNA or DNA making it a very effective plague thus killing humans very effectively.  When the virus is "dead" in the human body it is never really dies in the first place.  It lies dormant ie I had chicken pox as a kid and I can still get it as an adult.  With the point that virus can potential evolve into something more dangerous due to it contains RNA and DNA ie (sorry being a bit selfish here) Chicken pox is a form of Herpes Simplex which in turn I get shingles and can get other things such as fever blisters and cold sores.

Now you can discuss what you want about the subject including the monsters from any zombie movie you have seen including the video game ones.

Now go for it!

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
Re: Zombie Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 10:49:57 AM »
I'm happy with being in the zombie horde at the Monroeville Mall.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 11:28:23 AM »
I'd rather survive a shaun of the dead style zombie apocalypse :P
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 05:25:49 PM »
When you say Resident Evil, do you mean the 5th game? Because that would mean a  bunch of black people with guns which seems like a fairly likely scenario.

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 05:29:41 PM »
When you say Resident Evil, do you mean the 5th game? Because that would mean a  bunch of black people with guns which seems like a fairly likely scenario.

Sorry I should have clarified...classic Resident Evil Zombies ie the T-Virus kind.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 05:40:51 PM »
28 days later plox. I think I'd survive best in that kind of situation
Mainly due to freedom of movement. Custom vehicles, a chance to actually escape, as apposed to 'the mall' kind of things, or a close-quarters battle as in Rez games.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 08:23:21 PM »
George Romero-style zombies would probably be the type I'd be most likely to survive, I think, since these guys are actually kind of reasonable to kill and escape from, but a 28 Days Later or L4D style scenario would be pretty fucking cool too, haha.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 11:10:29 PM »
You guys are more then likely right. Also a killing floor/Resident Evil scenario would be about the worst. Them bosses.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 06:53:49 PM »
This thread makes me want to go for a do-over on that zombie text game I had going a few years back :(

mysticsnake

• Hi guys I'm mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 11:22:13 PM »
Well RE would be easy at first. You know I'd get comfortable with killing zombies and then BAM TYRANT WTF AHH.

Anyway one of my friends is taking some math course where they actually mathematically modeled a zombie outbreak. I'm not sure what the result was lol.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 02:50:46 AM »
That's fucking awesome.

Also those Hunters and there one hit kills from the first Resident Evil. Goddamn.

Then again Silent Hill or Parasite Eve would be worse, but that's a different story.

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 04:58:09 PM »
I'm not that educated on all the different zombie behavioral patterns, but I chose the 28 Days Later ones because they seem to be pretty ambitious and their enthusiasm for flesh is respectable. They also have the ability to run and climb and whatnot which is a good challenge, and what's the point of there being a zombie apocalypse if it's not challenging?
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 06:02:16 PM »
Well, the problem with the 28 Days Later scenario is the ease at which you get infected. A single drop of blood or bodily fluid from an infected person gets into an open wound or orafice, boom, zombie in less than 10 seconds. This makes killing zombies without like a goddamn hazmat suit difficult. L4D is basically the same deal, except it takesl onger to get zombie'd, boss zombies, and some people are immune. I can't decide which would be worse :x

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 08:34:04 PM »
Well if I'm going to choose a zombie apocalypse to try to live through, I would want it to be exciting and dangerous :D

And also, if i do become infected, I'd rather be a quick and vicious zombie than a slow and boring one.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 09:56:04 PM »
Well I'd go with the RE ones only because you can hear the creatures coming at you because they are so damn noisy 'cept for Tyrant...but Tyrant is easy to kill...get a 50 cal anti-tank rifle good as dead.  Nemesis or G-Virus monsters would be a pain though.

Fucking Birkin.