Author Topic: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010  (Read 568092 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010
« Reply #1395 on: January 09, 2011, 12:06:14 PM »
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1396 on: January 09, 2011, 02:24:07 PM »
POSTWHORE HO!
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Kulli

« Reply #1397 on: January 09, 2011, 03:51:18 PM »
was that a pun?

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: January 10, 2011, 12:27:21 AM »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

K-Mann

« Reply #1399 on: January 10, 2011, 03:18:39 AM »
deleted my tumblr woops

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: January 10, 2011, 03:52:24 AM »
Good, that's the first step.

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: January 10, 2011, 04:45:53 AM »
Anyone here happen to be familiar with brake pads and brands? My brake pads have definitely had it, thanks to this fucking idiot who came to a dead stop at a flashing yellow light to yield the right of way for someone at a red light.

Ahem.

I've been eyeing up some Akebono ceramic brake pads (specifically these) and wanted to know if I should run away in fear or if these should be a good buy.

EDIT: also shoutouts to OmegaOmni for helping me move (part) of a huge and unwieldy arcade machine, as well as witnessing the above and going to Pizza Hut afterward for delicious fooding.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 04:53:32 AM by 『フエハデ』 »

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: January 10, 2011, 01:45:27 PM »
Heh thanks Vyhd.  I help out my friends when I can.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1403 on: January 10, 2011, 05:28:53 PM »
Anyone here happen to be familiar with brake pads and brands? My brake pads have definitely had it, thanks to this fucking idiot who came to a dead stop at a flashing yellow light to yield the right of way for someone at a red light.

Did your pedal start going to the floor after that?  If so, it's not the pads, it's your lines.  Having to slam on the brakes once shouldn't do your pads in, not by a long shot.

If they just started squealing then yeah, they definitely need replaced.

I've been eyeing up some Akebono ceramic brake pads (specifically these) and wanted to know if I should run away in fear or if these should be a good buy.

My dad put ceramic brakes on his truck.  They're more expensive but they're supposed to last longer and be a bit cleaner.  I think it's more meant for people with aluminum/chrome wheels, but I imagine they'd be nice if you didn't want to replace the pads as often (never a bad thing).  They're supposed to perform better, but in my experience your tires tend to dictate how well you can stop more than your brakes do (as I'm sure you felt when your ABS no doubt responded to you slamming on the brakes due to Youngstown drivers).

EDIT: also shoutouts to OmegaOmni for helping me move (part) of a huge and unwieldy arcade machine, as well as witnessing the above and going to Pizza Hut afterward for delicious fooding.

Maybe I'd help if you didn't specifically plan things on days that I'm not free. XD  Seriously, there were about three weekends where I sat at home for the most part, and the one weekend where my schedule is booked you decide to move part of a huge and unwieldly arcade machine. :p

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1404 on: January 10, 2011, 06:04:54 PM »

Maybe I'd help if you didn't specifically plan things on days that I'm not free. XD  Seriously, there were about three weekends where I sat at home for the most part, and the one weekend where my schedule is booked you decide to move part of a huge and unwieldly arcade machine. :p

Maybe if SOMEONE didn't take two weeks to get back to people about boy scout orgies, then this problem wouldn't exist!
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1405 on: January 10, 2011, 08:32:55 PM »
Maybe if SOMEONE didn't take two weeks to get back to people about boy scout orgies, then this problem wouldn't exist!

Maybe if SOMEONE would send me PMs about the boy scout orgies in a timely manner, the problem that led to our original problem wouldn't exist!

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1406 on: January 10, 2011, 09:09:29 PM »
Maybe if SOMEONE would send me PMs about the boy scout orgies in a timely manner, the problem that led to our original problem wouldn't exist!

Maybe if SOMEONE would stop eating all the boy scouts, then we wouldn't have to have orgies to build their numbers!
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: January 10, 2011, 11:18:18 PM »
foo

Nah, it isn't going to the floor. I'd know if the brake lines were leaking. :P After that stop, the pads have ceased to really 'bite' (not that they were ever great. but you could feel when they made contact). They've been through no fewer than four emergency stops (that I can name offhand), and they were crappy Monro Muffler brake pads to begin with. (I've sworn off the chain after horrible experiences with the East Liverpool branch and reviews of other shops with the same thing - tl;dr they tried to charge me $460 to replace a wheel bearing + hub assembly and used craptastic parts in previous 'repairs')

They aren't squealing, but they're definitely giving too much leeway for my comfort, so they're going ASAP.

Maybe I'd help if you didn't specifically plan things on days that I'm not free. XD  Seriously, there were about three weekends where I sat at home for the most part, and the one weekend where my schedule is booked you decide to move part of a huge and unwieldly arcade machine. :p

You're welcome to contact us as well about hanging out or whatever. For the past <long period of time>, it's only been me asking you about stuff and I never have any idea what your schedule is like :-X
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:20:32 PM by 『フエハデ』 »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1408 on: January 11, 2011, 01:18:56 AM »
They've been through no fewer than four emergency stops (that I can name offhand), and they were crappy Monro Muffler brake pads to begin with. (I've sworn off the chain after horrible experiences with the East Liverpool branch and reviews of other shops with the same thing - tl;dr they tried to charge me $460 to replace a wheel bearing + hub assembly and used craptastic parts in previous 'repairs')

Oh joy.  Nothing is quite as wonderful as having a bunch of jokers work on your car.

One of my mom's coworkers ended up going to a Chevy dealership for an oil change and they forgot to put the bolt back into the oil pan.  The oil leaked and...blown engine!  She took the car back to them and they actually laughed at her.  Needless to say, after the recent bailout, that dealership had to pretty much do an entire staff changeover to avoid the axe.

As for decent car repair places around here, most of my family takes it to Macejko's near downtown Struthers.  It's basically right down the street from where I live.  I haven't taken it there myself (I usually try to save money and do everything myself...with my dad's help) but my aunt almost always takes her cars there and I don't think she's ever had a bad experience with them.

They aren't squealing, but they're definitely giving too much leeway for my comfort, so they're going ASAP.

Do you feel a bit of vibration or grinding on the pedal when you slow down?

Just want to make sure it's the pads and not the calipers or anything like that. :p

You're welcome to contact us as well about hanging out or whatever. For the past <long period of time>, it's only been me asking you about stuff and I never have any idea what your schedule is like :-X

Basically, my schedule works like this: I work on weekdays and whenever you ask me about weekend plans I'm busy.  It never fails. :x

But seriously, we need to get together for an FFA trip or something one of these weekends when I get a bit more moolah in the bank.  I'm a bit on the dry side at the moment.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: January 11, 2011, 05:17:05 AM »
http://hejibits.com/comics/2010-12-20-ddr-dad.gif

I figured you gents would enjoy this.