Author Topic: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010  (Read 566610 times)

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
Re: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010
« Reply #360 on: May 20, 2010, 07:01:20 PM »
So.  In the first voice class I took, I was an alto.  The only one in the class, in fact.
The second one I took, I was put with the sopranos.
The third one, I was primarily in the altos, but I'd be made to switch to soprano if the need arose.

Today, in my latest class, I was put in the tenor section.

This is going to be interesting.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 20, 2010, 07:09:56 PM »
That's like me throughout high school choir. I started as a bass, moved to baritone, then they wanted me in the tenors, then I was asked to fill in when we were missing altos, then I was told I could do whatever I felt like I wanted to do as long as I knew the part. Which meant I actually went falsetto a few times to help out sopranos.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #362 on: May 20, 2010, 09:11:28 PM »
lol, I never knew you did choir. How long have you been out of highschool, anyway? (I can never keep track of where everyone is here)
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 20, 2010, 09:29:44 PM »
I did choir too xD. only cause I needed a fine arts credit, and my friend told me they were in serious need of guys, and any guy that joins got an automatic A for the year.  So, I join, audition, they throw me in with the bass, and the rest is history.  I never knew I could sing that good. Halfway thru, they recruited me for Vocal Jazz (smaller ensemble with a jazzy  A Capella twist), I loved that too.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 20, 2010, 09:39:55 PM »
I kind of wish I did that. It would be nice to at least know HOW to sing correctly.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #365 on: May 21, 2010, 12:48:49 AM »
Well, my singing is ass-tastically bad, but the worst part is that I have a terrible range. So even if I wanted to get better, I'd still be stuck with a shitty range.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 21, 2010, 04:28:08 AM »
I've been out of high school for 7 years now, which is honestly kind of sad. I keep up pretty well on my singing though. My upper range has gone away a little bit but I can still hit most Alto stuff just fine. My lower register's actually gone away more I think.

I still remember we were doing recitals and stuff and we had a group of 9 guys doing a three part (Bass/Baritone/Tenor) song. We had practiced and practiced and then when the actual recital day came around, the other two guys in the Baritone part chickened out so I was the only one. And the Baritones had a solo section in the song and the other parts were supposed to back us up. So I had to belt out the solo by myself strong enough to overpower 6 other guys (choir can actually be quite competitive between singers and certain groups don't like to be overshadowed. Tenors are especially bad on this from my experiences). Apparently it turned out really well because I got a fairly awesome standing ovation afterwards and I actually had a lot more girls talking to me after that. Too bad most of the girls in choir were total sluts. But whatever, it was good for my self-esteem back then.

I was pretty much oblivious to girls in general back then though. The only girls I ever wanted to ask out were already taken by random jocks or had been friends with the guy since grade school and I had no real presence outside of my own circle of friends. Other than that, there was one girl who, looking back on it, totally liked me but again, I was a retard and totally oblivious and now I have no idea what happened to her because she's not on facebook or anywhere else that I've tried to look up.

I actually got the nickname of Eggman through choir too. I got it from 7th grade choir. Apparently the deoderant that I used smelled like eggs to this other kid in choir so he started calling me Eggman. And that actually stuck and I don't know why I kept it haha. But it was eventually my legacy because by senior year, I was actually Eggman Sr. and I had trained an Eggman Jr. and I can only hope that he did the same. I'd love it if I went back to the high school and found an Eggman VIII or something. I doubt anyone kept it up though.

This has been an Eggman High School Memory Time.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 05:23:41 AM by Eggman »

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 21, 2010, 06:43:32 AM »
That's hilarious man haha. I definitely saw a little bit of the competitive aspect of it, except in our choir group, it was more about just being a man and not singing in the high ranges. So, me and the other 2 true basses (not baritone) would always go around talking in the lowest note or some bullshit like that.  To me, I've always put being a guy in choir in highschool was like being a male cheerleader. Yea, it's kinda like wtf, but play your cards right, and you're a pimp.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #368 on: May 21, 2010, 11:28:02 AM »
Yeah, I've seen it the same way, it's one of those things that is sorta seen as lame, but at the same time, can get you noticed a lot more, and can work in your favour.

Like I said, I'd like to be able to sing properly, but I know that my range is really limited, so it wouldn't be worth too much anyway.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #369 on: May 21, 2010, 11:50:43 AM »
I wish I could have been in the choir throughout middle/high school.  My school district sucked though, and once you hit the 6th grade, you had to choose only one.  So if you were one of those kids in the 5th grade that was in the choir, band, and orchestra... Yeah, you only got to be in one. 

Silly school district.  :(
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

vladgd

« Reply #370 on: May 22, 2010, 06:19:59 AM »
probably an easy question to answer.

in vista, in my documents (no where else apparently) my files do not stick to a grid.  IE, they go wherever i drag them.  this is very annoying, i only just discovered it because i really don't move stuff around much, but i don't know how to "turn on" the sticky/grid/magnet/whatever it's called.  

*while i am here*

may as well pimp this guy, his art is so fucking good.

http://steveargyle.deviantart.com/

there's some nsfw content on there, but like, the detail in some of those things is quite amazing. 

like this "kraken" (nsfw, though it isn't what i would call dirty or anything)  the lighting and whatnot, just damn good for lack of a better term.  if anybody else has links to any fantasy/sci fi artists along the lines of this quality, hit me up, im a sucker for this stuff. 

« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 06:28:56 AM by vladgd »

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 22, 2010, 06:26:06 AM »
I want my car back D:

K-Mann

« Reply #372 on: May 22, 2010, 01:46:04 PM »
Girlfriend and I are moving into our new apartment this weekend! This shit is so fly. The apartment is a really nice old building, updated to the new standards. Its location RULES. Centre of downtown, which makes everywhere in the city a 15-20 minute drive TOPS. Neighborhood is gorgeous, lots of big trees and nice old houses and friendly people. Work for us is about a 10 minute drive/bus ride/bike ride for me, 5 minute walk for her. My mom and dad live on the other side of the river, but again, 10 minutes to free gourmet meals :D

Rent is 600 a month too. Really great deal for a place like this.

If only I got Red Dead Redemption AFTER the move though... I'm dying to get back to playing

Kulli

« Reply #373 on: May 22, 2010, 02:29:09 PM »
are you still in SK? if so, Saskatoon or Regina (best city name ever, btw)?

vladgd

« Reply #374 on: May 22, 2010, 11:35:42 PM »
attempted jogging today...

this is going to take some time before i can go "a reasonable distance"

*eddidiitthjghie

thinking, walk every other day, "attempt" jogging every other.  figure i have this 60-80ish minute walk i can do from my house to one of two different convenience stores.  for jogging, i basically take the opposite direction from the walk down the dirt road and back, which i estimate is about a mile or so.  so, jog down that, get tired, walk, when rested start jogging again, get tired...till im back at my house.  

as for diet...it's not going to be easy.  i am not going to make a dead effort towards eating healthy, because if i do, ill probably quit and im back at square one.  so i am starting with "eating less unhealthy".  so that mcdonalds hotcakes 2 hashbrowns sausage biscuit and cinnamelt, that went down to a cinnamelt.  deepdishes i eat at work all the time, that shrank to a small cheese bread, which shrank to a normal order of breadsticks.  

it's a start.  

it's not even as much being healthy as much as it feels good to be doing something better for my body, and if i continue, ill get physical results ill be happy with.  

*EDF*

jogging sucks ass, i think im going to get a bike and do that instead.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 01:01:15 AM by vladgd »