Author Topic: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010  (Read 527250 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010
« Reply #945 on: September 13, 2010, 04:40:58 AM »
My god.  You ejaculate chocolate milk.

but does it taste the same?

Also, both my hard drives are full after deleting like 5 or so different games, what's the deal?

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #946 on: September 13, 2010, 10:32:54 AM »

Apple-esque, much?

I mean, sheesh, I love Windows Server and all, but that's pretty shameless. XD

but does it taste the same?

I think we should have Bobbias go over there and find out.

Also, both my hard drives are full after deleting like 5 or so different games, what's the deal?

u broke it

How large were the games?  Were they downloaded through Steam or were they CD titles?
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #947 on: September 13, 2010, 08:03:39 PM »
i don't know why i am just now finding this weird

i have a friend who plays your typical "gta, halo, call of duty, ect" games, and doesn't like rpg's.  that's ok.  but he plays them for the story...

with that in mind, i recommend something like kotor, and he's content with not ever trying it.  BUT THAT HALO REACH MAN, TOTALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE ENTHRALLING STORY IN THAT GAME, I MEAN AMIRIGHT?

that's like me playing rpg's...for..the..gameplay?  FUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuu

it's like we're opposites man!

Kulli

« Reply #948 on: September 14, 2010, 12:21:15 AM »
"gta, halo, call of duty, ect"

your friend is a huge fgt imo

needs more delicious meat bun

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: September 14, 2010, 02:04:50 AM »
How large were the games?  Were they downloaded through Steam or were they CD titles?

Would that matter? and pretty big games. Not sure where you'd find bigger, THE BIGGEST AROUND.

vladgd

« Reply #950 on: September 14, 2010, 04:30:14 AM »
i went with bros to get reach.  i didn't get it but it was something to do.  ended up getting early morning breakfast, and twas a nice time.  i mean, why would i get reach when CIVILIZATION V IS NEXT WEEK GOING TO BE ALL OVER DATTTtttt!1.

and i found another die antwoord interview

hard to dislike these people, I MEAN LOOK AT NINJA'S VANILLA ICE SHIRT, ITS AWESOME!

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #951 on: September 14, 2010, 09:04:09 AM »
Would that matter?

Yep.  Sometimes Steam doesn't clear its caches properly.

and pretty big games. Not sure where you'd find bigger, THE BIGGEST AROUND.

omg bluray

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 14, 2010, 04:54:02 PM »
Yep.  Sometimes Steam doesn't clear its caches properly.

That's probably the problem, any way to cure this?

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #953 on: September 14, 2010, 05:15:30 PM »
You'd pretty much have to jump into your Steam folder, go into the "steamapps" directory, and delete any GCF/NCF corresponding to what you deleted.  If the file is an NCF (i.e. most non-Valve games), you'll have to go into the "common" directory and delete the folder corresponding to the game.  Make sure to go into the folder and back up and saved games that might happen to be there if you want to keep them.*

*Note: whether they are saved in there depends on the program.  Some games, particularly older ones, put their saved game files into the program directory.  Many newer ones chuck them somewhere in My Documents (which is REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING because (1) Vista/7 provide a very lovely "Saved Games" folder that nobody uses, not to mention that a lot of games designed for XP use the much neater "My Games" folder inside of My Documents and (2) I like to my DOCUMENTS in that folder. I can tolerate XP-era games putting their shit in a "My Games" folder, but there's no fucking reason why I should be seeing folders named "EA Games", "Bioware", "EVE", "Adobe" (not game-related, but still), "StepMania CVS", and "WBGames" in there -- and yes, on a fairly new Windows 7 install I already have six different pollutants in my Documents directory that I have to skip over every time I want to sort shit out...fucking assholes).

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #954 on: September 14, 2010, 08:53:17 PM »
On a completely non-ranty note, it's really amazing how postal services and companies like UPS, DHL, and FedEx work.  I mean, people complain about them losing packages, damaging packages, and so on, but the fact that they work as well as they do is just stunning.

Think about it.  On a given day, thousands upon thousands of packages -- big and small -- are being routed all throughout the world.  You can ship a package from China and have it on the way to its recipient in Ohio in just a few days.  A tiny little 5"x5"x3" box, a needle in a haystack essentially, can be accurately delivered around the world in just a few days thanks to an efficient set of linked hubs.  The infrastructure behind all of that is just incredible.

The Internet is the same way.  Exactly the same, in fact, only the delivery times are in milliseconds rather than days.  One of the most interesting parts of my Cisco training was studying how WANs work.  It's really fascinating stuff.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #955 on: September 14, 2010, 08:57:44 PM »
On a completely non-ranty note, it's really amazing how postal services and companies like UPS, DHL, and FedEx work.  I mean, people complain about them losing packages, damaging packages, and so on, but the fact that they work as well as they do is just stunning.

Think about it.  On a given day, thousands upon thousands of packages -- big and small -- are being routed all throughout the world.  You can ship a package from China and have it on the way to its recipient in Ohio in just a few days.  A tiny little 5"x5"x3" box, a needle in a haystack essentially, can be accurately delivered around the world in just a few days thanks to an efficient set of linked hubs.  The infrastructure behind all of that is just incredible.

The Internet is the same way.  Exactly the same, in fact, only the delivery times are in milliseconds rather than days.  One of the most interesting parts of my Cisco training was studying how WANs work.  It's really fascinating stuff.

I bet that the technology in all those shipping hubs is more evenly distributed than across the net, lol. I mean, there are some OLD fucking servers acting as pretty essential parts of the net. The internet is a goddamned miracle, all things considered.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #956 on: September 14, 2010, 09:20:01 PM »
Yeah, the Internet just kind of exploded.  It's a good thing that there were enough standards that were more than good enough to support it during that spread.  I mean, we're in 2010 and haven't reached the limits of IPv4 just yet.  Considering when IPv4 came around (1980, originally; it's older than us!) that's pretty damn good.  The people who put all of that in motion truly were geniuses, and I'm not even sure if they realized it at the time. :p

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 14, 2010, 11:14:31 PM »
Yeah, the Internet just kind of exploded.  It's a good thing that there were enough standards that were more than good enough to support it during that spread.  I mean, we're in 2010 and haven't reached the limits of IPv4 just yet.  Considering when IPv4 came around (1980, originally; it's older than us!) that's pretty damn good.  The people who put all of that in motion truly were geniuses, and I'm not even sure if they realized it at the time. :p

Will they ever?

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 14, 2010, 11:43:15 PM »
stuff

Yeah, I found all of that and got my shit straight.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #959 on: September 15, 2010, 01:48:55 AM »
Ugh, I don't know why but I suddenly feel very ill...FML.