Author Topic: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010  (Read 527249 times)

Korremar

• View Profile
Re: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010
« Reply #855 on: August 30, 2010, 10:46:41 PM »
stepping manias

http://jeffrey1790.com/

Here is a thing.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #856 on: August 31, 2010, 01:15:52 AM »
Dropping anything doesn't solve shit at least debate gets the opinions out there. We're here to discuss things, at least I am and I damn sure know bobbias is.  Open debate/discussion is the reason forums exist in the first place. Neither of us are trying to get the other one to take their beliefs and practice them, just arguing different points.

Either way, I see the value in SM and personally don't prefer it over IIDX.

Agreed about the discussion thing. I hate when people can't seem to understand that if someone disagrees with their idea, it doesn't mean that they are being personally attacked; which is by far the most common issue plaguing internet discussion. I like sites like this because generally the people here are smart enough to make that distinction, and not get all pissy about something that doesn't really matter anyway.

I find both SM and IIDX (and o2jam) fun, but IIDX has less appeal to me in some cases, due to the previously mentioned issues.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 31, 2010, 01:43:38 AM »
I just like Stepmania because I can make my own charts. I'm not active in any community anymore, so I haven't released anything in years, but I still occasionally play.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 31, 2010, 02:42:22 AM »
tl;dl of this entire site: i luv u guyz

edit:

oh and post 1000
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

K-Mann

« Reply #859 on: August 31, 2010, 02:46:16 AM »
I hate when people can't seem to understand that if someone disagrees with their idea, it doesn't mean that they are being personally attacked; which is by far the most common issue plaguing internet discussion. I like sites like this because generally the people here are smart enough to make that distinction, and not get all pissy about something that doesn't really matter anyway.

Okay... but isn't being called pretentious an attack? Calling music that I listen to and create charts for "retarded fucking songs" also seems like an attack to me. Thus, I decided to drop it since it "doesn't really matter anyways," why should I continue defending it? It just doesn't seem like a debate when I'm arguing my opinions in the most mature way I can, and I see things like the above. I think its pretty cool that people like Sneaky prefer to keep going, when its still up for "debate"; it shows good character. But I never really saw a debate in the first place, just varying opinions.

Sneaky: I know you prefer IIDX, but there is a whole dump of songs on all the styles that I avoid. Doesn't mean they're retarded. I keep saying to each their own, but people must have been over looking that part.

I have grown up, and I still enjoy the game. Everyone seems to have stated their opinions, which is why I said I'm all for leaving it alone. The community at a0.com is what got me INTO the whole SM thing, not just made it better. I'm almost 100% positive that if you looked around and downloaded a few packs you would find music you like and charts that suit it just fine. There is a whole new generation of charters that have produced amazing charts since you left. I have no idea if you tried anything new (I guess around really late 2008-early 2009) so I can't assume that you haven't tried anything. But I think you might be pleasantly surprised at what you download.

Just don't download mine, I need to work on mine hella bad  :P

I agree that maybe dropping it like that was a cop out, and I apologize. Like Bobbias said, there is no point in getting pissy about something that isn't important. I didn't think that it was all that important OR that I was pissy, but I guess I was wrong. I'll learn for next time.

PS I love you guys too.

Sneaky

• View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 31, 2010, 03:07:53 AM »
I agree with you too, I know there's shit I've just simply not responded to because I didn't feel I needed to expel the energy to apply to a post or 10 about it. Basically went FFR for a week > a0.com > SM love. I played for a great amount of 4 years, still 2 finger, even if I picked it up today. I enjoyed the time I had with the game, and although my love for it may have died with a0.com, I have since picked up IIDX and ACTUAL DJing (soundcloud.com/djsneaky). So by that nature, I can thank SM for a LOT in my life.

Kulli

« Reply #861 on: August 31, 2010, 03:29:04 AM »

Sneaky

• View Profile
« Reply #862 on: August 31, 2010, 03:36:30 AM »
I didn't know you were azn

only my lower half

lolololololol

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 31, 2010, 03:41:12 AM »
I smirked.

but my head hurts and I can't sleep.

http://www.wetherobots.com/2007/10/08/at-the-end-of-the-day/

This is a fairly good comic I've stumbled upon. It's basically fight club/office space, the comic, but with more dark humor.

vladgd

« Reply #864 on: August 31, 2010, 04:04:17 AM »
i can't really play stepmania anymore, the hundreds/thousands of hours i put into that game is enough for one lifetime.  

IIDX kept me occupied for a while, and i still might be interested in picking up a newer version, but im not too serious on the music game stuff anymore.

that leads to competitive vs games(rts/fightan, not fps but you could add that in for other people).  same "play a lot to get better, improving is fun" mentality, only with the "feel good/feel bad" aspect of winning/losing.  i mean starcraft has about an annoying a leveling curve as IIDX.  or so it feels right now.  that and there's the whole the only competitive vs game i am competent at is sf2hdremix and nobody plays that.

and this place needs to be an imageboard.  

*edit*

top 10 starcraft players in the north american server.

5 protoss
4 terran
1 zerg

FEELS GOOD BEING A ZERG PLAYER RIGHT....right?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 04:10:18 AM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #865 on: August 31, 2010, 04:00:14 PM »
and this place needs to be an imageboard. 

I had one of those set up a while back and nobody used it. D:
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 31, 2010, 09:37:55 PM »
That would be useful.

Also Vlad, I heard Terran were OPed.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 01, 2010, 01:14:09 PM »
Holy shit guys. Dexter is a kickass show.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #868 on: September 01, 2010, 01:19:17 PM »
Heeeeeell yeah it is. It's pretty much my inspiration for becoming a vigilante serial killer myself.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 01, 2010, 03:07:51 PM »
^^ A++ comment would read again