Author Topic: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010  (Read 527226 times)

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
Re: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010
« Reply #960 on: September 15, 2010, 02:31:07 AM »
Ah good, the poison is finally taking effect. Don't worry though, once we're done experimenting and you regain consciousness you won't remember anything.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 15, 2010, 05:26:23 AM »
My sleep cycle is cuh-razy.

vladgd

« Reply #962 on: September 15, 2010, 05:37:04 AM »

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #963 on: September 15, 2010, 03:12:02 PM »
I've been having some insanely crazy and vivid dreams almost every single night for the past two or three weeks. I'm not complaining really but it's just weird because I went from never having dreams (or at least not remembering them even slightly) to suddenly having them all the time (sometimes multiple different ones during one sleep session) and remembering them very clearly.

Just last night I dreamed about my friend and I killing his dad for some reason and then feeding his body to some weird little fuzzy dog things that hiss. And the whole thing felt like the style of how It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is filmed. Before that I dreamed about a girl who used to like me in high school revealing to me that she was a hermaphrodite. And one of the most intense and vivid dreams I have ever had was just recently. I was doing some business with the main characters from Lost near some airport and suddenly this huge rocket-powered plane was taking off a couple hundred yards from us and botched the take off so the front end swung up in the air and it was about to tip backwards but the pilot must have been trying to stabilize it because it kinda hovered on it's rockets, slowly dragging across the ground taking out buildings and blowing shit up with its humongous engines. At that time I was running away until it finally fell and exploded. The explosion had somehow turned all the Lost characters into small living plastic dolls except for Sayid and Kate who were sitting on a log waving at me and smiling. There's more but that was the exciting part.

Anyway, dreams are amazing and weird and it's cool to be having them again.
 - Alexxx

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #964 on: September 15, 2010, 07:02:07 PM »
Ah good, the poison is finally taking effect. Don't worry though, once we're done experimenting and you regain consciousness you won't remember anything.

My butt feels weird.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #965 on: September 15, 2010, 07:07:12 PM »
Well, the drug DID have a warning that one of the side effects was random pains...
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Kulli

« Reply #966 on: September 15, 2010, 09:07:11 PM »
Well, the drug DID have a warning that one of the side effects was random pains...

I don't think that's what he was implying by "weird"

also:

Before that I dreamed about a girl who used to like me in high school revealing to me that she was a hermaphrodite.

I wish this happened to me irl

vladgd

« Reply #967 on: September 15, 2010, 10:11:21 PM »
im paranoid about malware and whatnot, so quick question.

is it ok to have my UPnP turned on?  i need it on to have my NAT set as open on the xbox, else i have problems connecting to bros and whatnot. 

if not, then ill just turn it off when im done with the xbox, and turn it on when i get on. 

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #968 on: September 15, 2010, 10:18:50 PM »
UPnP is fine to keep on.  When it's used on the router level, it's used by clients to dynamically poke holes in the firewall, hence the reason it's required for XBL/PSN to work.  Note that it only allows devices on the inside to do that, it won't let an attacker open a hole in your firewall.

Edit: Whew, organizing MP3s is tedious work.  I managed to get through 10GB of my collection doing The Works(TM) -- sanitizing tags, standardizing filenames, making genres consistent, removing pointless comments (I literally had a bunch of tracks that had comments like "Track 1," "Track 2," etc), standardizing track numbers and disc numbers, dumping multidisc albums into a single folder, and adding cover art.  Even with Mp3tag it's taking a while, I can't even imagine life without that awesome utility.

Album art is a pain in the ass.  The problem isn't finding it, the problem is finding stuff that doesn't look like mushy, compressed garbage.  I don't really need high resolution art for use on my PC.  I use Rhapsody to play both my local and on-demand streamed music (It's not too bad.  At least it's better than my last experiences with WinAmp...it's definitely no foobar, though), and its block for album art is fairly small.  Nonono, the issue are my portable devices, of all things.  My iPhone isn't too hard to please.  Its screen resolution is only 320x480, so a 320x320 image is enough to make everything look as good as it can.  But that's not good enough for the new iTouch!  Oh no no, that screen's resolution is quadruple that of the older iPlayers.  Head over to discogs.com or, hell, Google Image Search and try to find album art that's at least 640x640.  Good freaking luck.  On average, the best sizes that I've been able to find have been between 400x400-600x600.  I was only able to find a couple of them that met or exceeded the demands of the Retina display.  The more obscure stuff didn't even come close (I have more 350x350s than I'd like to have).

Ugh.  I'm too much of a perfectionist when it comes to this shit.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 10:32:08 PM by Spectere »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #969 on: September 15, 2010, 10:25:55 PM »
UPnP is only unsafe if another computer on your network is unsafe. Most programs now use UPnP to automatically open ports on your router so that they can connect to internet services properly. Since it'll be opening ports, there's the inherent security flaws with having ports open, but unless you want to do without any of those services (Xbox Live...) it's not worth turning off. Basically, if you have a secure network at home, it shouldn't be a problem. But if you happen to have malware, that would make it easier for the malware to open a back door, phone home, download/install other malware, etc.

Let's put it this way: If your paranoid enough to turn UPnP off and on for each Live session, that's like unplugging your ethernet cord every time you stop using the internet for a little while.

At least, in my opinion. Spectere may have something to say on this.

Ninja'd
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #970 on: September 16, 2010, 01:40:20 AM »
My butt feels weird.

I don't know what you're talking about....
 - Alexxx

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #971 on: September 16, 2010, 01:54:45 AM »
My butt feels weird.

It matches how your face looks.  :V
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 18, 2010, 01:33:17 AM »
My oma may have had either a stroke or a mis-mix up of her meds...we don't know yet.  I just got back from hanging out with friends but I did go see her for about an hour before I did so...I am quite worried about her.

Yes I know we should have taken her to the hospital but if you know older full blooded german women: tough as hell but stubborn as well.

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #973 on: September 18, 2010, 02:31:00 AM »
If y'all even suspect a stroke, you really oughta get her to hospital.  Time plays a major role in those.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #974 on: September 18, 2010, 11:40:02 PM »
If y'all even suspect a stroke, you really oughta get her to hospital.  Time plays a major role in those.

This times a very large number.  Strokes are definitely not good.  My friend's grandfather had a stroke and even though he received almost immediate treatment he was unable to use the right side (IIRC) of his body without considerable therapy.  It also indirectly led to his death a year after that.

Hopefully it's just a medication mix-up.