Author Topic: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010  (Read 557154 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010
« Reply #1230 on: December 01, 2010, 06:57:42 PM »
Imagine if Garry's Mod got a graphics downgrade and as a tradeoff you were allowed to take apart everything in the world including the world itself and build whatever you wanted out of the remains.

That's...actually a really good way of putting it succinctly. O.o

Also Spec, I used Logism for my computer architecture course last semester. On Windows it runs pretty well, but the GUI tends to freak out a bit on Linux OS's. Still, it's really easy to build digital circuits in it, so it's a nice little program to have.

Sweet.  Yeah, I'll definitely give it a go, then.  Also, it was the first thing to come up when I Googled "logic simulator," and Google knows everything, so therefore it must be good.

Bah, cows don't attack

Like hell!  I can't tell you how many times I've been pushed off cliffs because of those damned bovines.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: December 01, 2010, 11:24:43 PM »
This woman in particular actually does fit the description of "feminazi" since she seems to think all men should stay out of the Female Master Race. And fuck, the first comment says that calling the gay/trans community LGBT is "steeped phallocentrism" (despite the fact that LGBT, as an acronym, represents men and women in equal parts) because it acknowledges that *gasp* males exist too.

Yeah, it's amazing.

Also good news, the stray dog that's been on my back porch for several days has been found. My mother called the owner after seeing something up at publix and they came and picked him up.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #1232 on: December 02, 2010, 09:51:34 AM »
TBH I was more offended by her attitude towards transsexuals, but yeah, what a piece of shit.  She has no right to be writing for something that calls itself an LGBT support website :/

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: December 02, 2010, 12:09:38 PM »
All forms of bigotry tend to piss me off. I showed it to one of my friends, who's a MTF transgender, and she was pretty damn angered by it too. Really I find the writer's attitude towards everything and everyone that disagrees with her a bit disturbing, and the utter denial that she could ever be wrong is even worse. She doesn't even support the rest of the gay/trans community at a time when there's still civil rights issues to iron out, issues that affect everyone LGBT. I mean, what could have happened to her that made her hate everything that had or supported a Y chromosome?

At least the majority seems to be in agreement that she's batshit, so, like the WBC and Glenn Beck, she's not making a real political impact so much as pissing people off. I always feel good knowing that shit like this won't matter (or will at least matter a lot less) in 20 years.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 12:17:33 PM by annon »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1234 on: December 02, 2010, 02:26:28 PM »
Anyone here happen to know anyone that lives in or near Draper, Utah?  :V
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1235 on: December 02, 2010, 09:05:46 PM »
I built another 2-bit adder in Minecraft (click to enlarge, as always):

This one is a simpler design, has more of the wiring tucked underground, has the adders stacked, and is quite a bit faster than the other one.  The crazyness happening on the left of the rear shot (the second one) is a kludge that flips the 0 and 2 bits.  I should neaten it up and do an over-under flip, but...meh.  I think I'm going to play 360 instead.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: December 03, 2010, 11:31:16 AM »
I'm kind of amazed at my body's utility right now. All this week the only sleep I've been getting is two-hour afternoon naps once a day so I'd have more time to work. I've been functioning far better than I expected to under the circumstances, too. Then a few minutes ago, right as I finished my last major assignment and started printing it out, I suddenly felt a massive rush of fatigue. It's like my body's saying "Ok, you don't need any energy anymore. Fucking go to bed."

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1237 on: December 03, 2010, 01:50:05 PM »
Yep, it is certainly possible to do stuff like that. I've noticed the same sort of thing where it just feels like your body knows things, lol. I can consistently wake up at the time I need to in the morning, even when it changes, without any sort of alarm clock. (And going to bed at random times, on top of that.)
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: December 03, 2010, 07:05:34 PM »
So if we don't hit 100 pages by the end of the year, we fail
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1239 on: December 03, 2010, 09:40:14 PM »
Why is it that the PS3 seems to be the only system that isn't a complete sloth when it comes to using external storage?  I just copied 2GB of MP3s over for use in Gran Turismo 5 (mostly because I didn't feel like setting up a uPNP media server on my PC, if it'll even access that in-game) and was surprised when it copied everything extremely quickly, like PC speed.

I suppose you could ask just the opposite question -- why on earth does the 360 and the Wii make such a huge goddamn deal over transferring data?  Especially the Wii.  Waiting for that overglorified GameCube to transfer data from internal storage to SD is agonizing.

So if we don't hit 100 pages by the end of the year, we fail

Agreed.

Post moar, mutha truckers!

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: December 03, 2010, 10:24:15 PM »
mission accepted.

Also I hate how someone in a gaming group I'm in acted like a complete douchebag and I look like the badguy for bringing it up.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 10:32:58 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1241 on: December 03, 2010, 10:32:10 PM »
I suppose you could ask just the opposite question -- why on earth does the 360 and the Wii make such a huge goddamn deal over transferring data?  Especially the Wii.  Waiting for that overglorified GameCube to transfer data from internal storage to SD is agonizing.

Th Wii, I can see, because the hardware in that really isn't what I would call powerful (or even close to that), the 360... Well, that's probably just bad coding on their part :/

Post moar, mutha truckers!

Do you really want me to resume my previous level of post whoring?
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1242 on: December 03, 2010, 11:25:07 PM »
Th Wii, I can see, because the hardware in that really isn't what I would call powerful (or even close to that)

No, no, no, no, no.  Not going to accept that one.  The Pentium II in my basement can sling files around faster than the Wii can and that thing definitely isn't faster than a PowerPC.  We're also talking USB 1.1 ports on the Pentium II, not a SD card reader that's connected to the bus.

My old 8088 could move 64KB files around faster than the Wii does, and that's really not much of an exaggeration.

the 360... Well, that's probably just bad coding on their part :/

I think the 360 is just over-DRM'd, honestly.  Microsoft definitely knows how to make an OS.  And I am exaggerating a bit with the 360.  At least it can push around a few megs faster than the Wii can push around a few kilobytes.  Still, it should be much faster than it is.  Considering the memory stick I'm using is a very, very fast 16GB jobbie from OCZ (more than fast enough for ReadyBoost, and its requirements are pretty stringent), there shouldn't be as much of a delay.

FYI, I'm definitely not excusing the 360 for being sluggish on file transfers, not by a long shot.  But the fact that the Wii transfers tiny amounts of unencrypted data as slowly as it does is just mind boggling.  I've even tried the 133x SD card that I have with my camera, which can record large RAW files almost as fast as my camera can write them, and the Wii still drug its heels.  It's definitely an issue with the hardware or software, not the SD card itself.  That said, I haven't even turned on my Wii in months, so an update might have fixed it.  I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

The memory stick that I used for my PS3 tonight was a Sandisk stick that came with the collector's edition of Forza Motorsport 3 (how fitting that my first usage for a USB flash drive that came with an Xbox 360 exclusive racing title was transferring over music that I intended to play inside of a PlayStation 3 exclusive racing title).

Do you really want me to resume my previous level of post whoring?

*shudder*

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1243 on: December 03, 2010, 11:48:13 PM »
I've got the house to myself this weekend~<3
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: December 04, 2010, 12:00:54 AM »

My guess would be "read block, write block, sync, repeat". That can be several orders of magnitude slower than asynchronous read/write operations, especially when flash memory is involved.