Author Topic: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010  (Read 527081 times)

Korremar

• View Profile
Re: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010
« Reply #1440 on: January 25, 2011, 10:46:12 PM »
About half a tank.

K-Mann

« Reply #1441 on: January 25, 2011, 10:52:00 PM »
What if you took that old job for a few weeks and paid for a full tank? Then GTFO and start somewhere fresh?

I guess its easy for me to sit here and "help" but I feel like I gotta do something anyways  :-\

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: January 25, 2011, 10:59:32 PM »
Already paid for this semester of college, I'd like to see it through. Don't think I haven't considered it, though.

I'm actively looking for other jobs. My school schedule isn't that awful, Mon-Wed-Fri from approx. 9 until 1, two online classes I can do whenever. If I'm not at a friend's house or work I'll probably spend time on campus, since they have free wireless and, you know, heat. But I need either a full-time or two part-times to afford half of a two-bedroom. If I luck into a good full-time I know where a nice, cheap one-bedroom is, but that's a big if.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: January 25, 2011, 11:09:45 PM »
stuff

Christ, that is goddamn horrible.

If you need any money for food I'll be glad to paypal you some cash.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1444 on: January 26, 2011, 10:48:09 AM »
College, work, temporary psuedo-homelessness, family issues, crushing depression, eating disorder, mysterious illness, not-actually-relationship, money problems, a friend dying. Kinda tough to muster up the give-a-damn to talk when life keeps kicking you when you're down. My bad.

Ouch, I see what you mean :/

I think I'd probably have posted here with all that going on, because I'd need an outlet, but I know everyone deals with shit differently, so I don't blame you for not posting with all that going on :S
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

flaffl

• KOREA MEMBER ^_^ FUNNI KEKEKEKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: January 29, 2011, 02:44:44 AM »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: February 01, 2011, 04:00:19 PM »
Not sure where to start, but I feel like my life is completely stuck. I'm getting nowhere in school because I only take a few classes at a time and I make no money while doing so, so I'm stuck at home doing jack shit most of the time. I'm tempted to join some armed force so I can get a GI bill and possibly get a decent education, but I really have no clue what the fuck I even want to study, let alone being able to.

So yeah, I've been on my ass for too long and I feel like I've accomplished very little these past years and I'm tempted to make some dramatic changes.

dsam070789

• View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: February 01, 2011, 05:09:17 PM »
Aye, as true as that may be, we are all still quite young and have a lot of time to repair any holes in our lives.  Things take time and it does not matter how many bends there are in a road, you always get to your destination in the end. I feel you on the whole sitting on you Keester and doing nothing because I am sure that along with myself, and maybe some others here on these forums, have that same background.  As far as the armed forces and the GI bill...as soon as I hit those words, i read it as Gastrointestinal Bleed.  Go figure.
God said to John, "Come forth and receive eternal life", but John came fifth and received a toaster instead.

Kulli

« Reply #1448 on: February 01, 2011, 05:39:11 PM »
I'm tempted to join some armed force so I can get a GI bill and possibly get a decent education

"Hey man, I heard you're 2 years away from graduating"

"Yeah bro, I'm going to join the military for 2 years so I can interrupt my education, push back my graduation date, and risk my life just for free schooling!"

BEST PLAN EVER

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: February 01, 2011, 06:26:03 PM »
I'm more then two years off from getting an AA, and even then I'd need to go to a real college to get anything worthwhile. (and from what everyone says, even two year degrees from decent colleges are meaning less and less).

As far as the armed forces and the GI bill...as soon as I hit those words, i read it as Gastrointestinal Bleed.  Go figure.

Are you calling me butthurt? Either way, I'll probably search for local employment and think about this for a long time.

Kulli

« Reply #1450 on: February 01, 2011, 06:28:11 PM »
I'm more then two years off from getting an AA

Ah. I thought you were attending a four-year (and even if you weren't, I thought it would be going faster than that.

Don't you only have to take like 5 classes a semester for 2 years to get an AA?

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: February 01, 2011, 07:26:40 PM »
Don't you only have to take like 5 classes a semester for 2 years to get an AA?

I have no clue, and I'm only taking two this semester, which is why I have no real beef about spending 4 years on something.

Kulli

« Reply #1452 on: February 01, 2011, 07:38:20 PM »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: February 02, 2011, 04:01:22 AM »
How would I know? I pay for classes out of my pocket at the moment and there's no guarantee that I'll have cash to take more or less at a time.

but on an unrelated note (since s.net is my personal journal/request forum) anyone here program or 3D model at all? I was going to goof around in this forever ago, and I'd like to possibly get a handle of it and maybe learn some CAD so my education doesn't go completely to waste.

Kulli

« Reply #1454 on: February 07, 2011, 03:25:17 AM »