Author Topic: Musics.  (Read 6063 times)

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
Musics.
« on: March 15, 2010, 03:48:21 PM »
http://www.last.fm/music/Sqthreer

I created a music page for myself on Last.fm where I will eventually be putting up some good sounding noises. What's up there now are some older experimental "songs" that are maybe a little enjoyable.

I'm starting to get more involved in the auditory aspect of this wacky life and hope to start producing some music that you all will enjoy.

Also why the shit is this the first post here in months? We need to start getting more creative, people >:|
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: Musics.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 08:49:59 PM »
http://www.last.fm/user/Mortifiedocalot

I hardly use it, but I do enjoy the sight.

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 02:53:50 PM »
I was actually posting a link to the music I created, not just my profile, sillybones :p
 - Alexxx

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 03:09:21 PM »
Your music reminds me of stuf like....... Maybe Ulver? (If you don't know them, they're a black metal band that expanded into all sorts of other stuff).
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 03:13:52 PM »
I don't know Ulver, but it sounds interesting.

My music reminds me of how I should learn how to make better music XD Not that it's all bad, but I have a lot more ideas now and need to start churning out some gold.
 - Alexxx

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 04:53:48 PM »
I was actually posting a link to the music I created, not just my profile, sillybones :p

OOOohhhh. heh, sort of read that in a hurry.

So what did you use to make this and who is this mister Fixit I've heard so much about?

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 05:16:15 PM »
I wouldn't expect anyone here to know Ulver (Though I've mentioned them a number of times now, actually, lol). They're pretty out there. I mean, Black Metal is out there as it is, and they are Avant-Garde Black Metal, so that kinda brings "out there" to a whole new level.

Youtube has a bunch of their stuff (though you'll likely only find their new stuff unless you dig). I'd suggest looking them up on wikipedia if your interested at all. But the comparison was more based on how different your sound is.

I really wish I had the stuff, time, and motivation to record something. Too bad I'm basically useless at every instrument, lol. And I can't seem to get anything half decent coming out of fruityloops either. I can't seem to write any sort of melody at all, and Fruityloops isn't exactly good for making ambiant/avant-garde/bizarre music... I really want to get Max/MSP, but I feel like I'd never learn the software. I so much prefer things to be there for me to tweak physically. We had a microkorg (It's out on loan, and I have a feeling it'll never be back), and I loved playing with that thing. I learned how to use it properly, and made some cool sounds with it too.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x