Author Topic: THIS JUST IN: Play-Asia is full of dong pirates.  (Read 5424 times)

Korremar

• View Profile
THIS JUST IN: Play-Asia is full of dong pirates.
« on: September 10, 2007, 12:38:09 AM »
I ordered Samurai Shodown VI from PA, with UPS shipping. I paid extra for the speed, and the ability to track it. I didn't get a tracking number in my "your package left our building" email, so I shot them an email about it. Their response:

Dear Dustin,

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

We regret that we cannot provide the tracking number in this circumstance
due to security reason. We have some bad experience from some customers
that they insist they have not received the parcel after changing the
delivery address by the tracking number. We suffer a certain amount of
loss from such cases. Please kindly trace your parcel through our online
tracking system. This tracking information is provided by UPS.

By the online UPS tracking, the parcel has arrived US. We believe that you
will receive the parcel in near future.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Joe
Play-Asia.com

What the fuck? So, because a couple assholes decide to cheat you out of money, I have to pay for it? What the fuck is that? I wouldn't have paid for the extra fucking shipping otherwise. Their tracking service is useless. Basically it says "K, uh, it left Hong Kong. It's probably there in America now."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: THIS JUST IN: Play-Asia is full of dong pirates.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 01:08:28 AM »
That's completely retarded you paid for it and they didn't do it, you should ask for a refund. Or at least send a very racist note back to the company.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 01:20:36 AM »
Wow, that really blows. :(

Lesson learned: don't bother with package tracking with Play-Asia.  Got it.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 02:50:24 AM »
Actually, despite the problem that this causes, at least they're reacting quickly to a problem that could cost them a LARGE amount of money if more people do it. Yes, it's a pain in the ass, and such, but at least they're doing something about a problem.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 03:21:39 AM »
UPS can't change the shippnig address once it is in their system. I've tried it. They say no. Not because they'd like to, but because they simply can't. It would mean physically finding the package and some other shit. Not only that, but because of this very reason... If you can just change a package's shipping address while it's being shipped with only it's tracking number, who is to say that you are the rightful owner of the package? Does UPS carry your personally identifiable information to ensure this can be done? NO. It's not worth UPS' resources nor customers complaints/concern to hold on to this information.

Hell, when I called them, they wouldn't tell me what address it was going to (my girlfriend's)... It was only until I told them that gave them an extremely similar address that they had told me. (For those wondering, I had to make sure I was sending it to the right address #). But anyway, UPS isn't retarded. And they certainly won't redirect a package. USPS won't, FedEx won't, and DHL won't. And rightly so. Also, consider this: if UPS *did* change the address, don't you think they would update the tracking number's information to have the new address? Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

TLDR: UPS won't redirect packages. They must be smoking something.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 03:28:43 AM »
Actually, despite the problem that this causes, at least they're reacting quickly to a problem that could cost them a LARGE amount of money if more people do it. Yes, it's a pain in the ass, and such, but at least they're doing something about a problem.

Regardless (even ignoring what King Zak said, which is very true), there's no reason they should say that they offer a tracking option if they refuse to give you a tracking number.  When I ordered Pop'n 9 and my JP IIDX controller from them  I distinctly remember that their more expensive shipping options specifically stated that they provided tracking numbers.  The fact that they're refusing to give Dusty one is ridiculous.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 05:27:50 AM »
It is very stupid, I'll agree to that, but obviously someone's trying to mess with them, and they're responding.. not much you can do except try to explain that they're not following through on something they say they offer, and they should either change the offer to reflect the new policy, or change their policy. and that sort of thing doesn't usually work well.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x