Author Topic: Movie Recommendations  (Read 45094 times)

flaffl

• KOREA MEMBER ^_^ FUNNI KEKEKEKE
    • View Profile
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2011, 03:11:57 PM »
Who here watched Tron? I haven't seen it but I'm kinda worried it'd be an Avatar for me. Personally, I didn't like Avatar at all. It's basically the first three Star Wars episodes (as in phantom menace, etc.) jam packed into one movie with an even more ultra shitty storyline but even greater special effects.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2011, 04:26:26 PM »
I watched it. I quite enjoyed it, actually. I was not sure going in whether they'd go over the top or not, but they managed to stay well within their premise, and the 3D was actually tastefully done. There are a number of scenes without any 3D at all, and it's all used to project things farther away, rather than make shit pop out at you. That alone does an amazing job of not making the movie too over the top.

All in all, I really liked it, and don't have any real complaints.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2011, 05:24:38 AM »
Are you talking about Tron?

Also downloaded and watched Moon, and I really enjoyed it. spoilers, do not read unless you've seen it because goddamn. It started out real slow, but then I started getting into it. Then the twist hits and I was goddamn addicted to it.  It had great pacing and it was surprisingly sad. I knew the older clone was dying fairly quickly, and every scene leading up to it was so goddamn sad. but yeah, really good flick.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2011, 02:19:37 PM »
Are you talking about Tron?

Yeah.

Also, I loved Moon too.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2011, 04:43:17 PM »

This movie looks grand. I still haven't seen anything posted in this thread, and I really want to now.

Watched this movie, really enjoyed it. Much more of an action flick then I was expecting (not a whole lot of action, but what was there was really well done) and there was a lot of dark humor, but the plot and that acting was top notch. I mean, it was a fairly simple plot, but it was well made and the way it was filmed was great.

Also I really loved how painful they made getting shot looked. I know it's an odd thing to say, but most movies make it look fairly painless, and in this movie they really don't go for that.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2011, 05:04:19 AM »
Dubl pst because I want some Coen Brother's movies that would be enjoyable, I'm thinking of sitting down and re-watching the Big Lebowski.

Oh, and I should probably watch the God Father and Apocalypse Now.

A few films, I just want to know if anyone would recommend them.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1273235/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067866/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095327/

Also memento was on TV recently, but I didn't catch it because I couldn't give it my full attention.

Oh yeah, and I almost forgot about this movie, and I really want to see it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419677/
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 05:08:26 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2011, 02:05:34 AM »
Dubl pst because I want some Coen Brother's movies that would be enjoyable, I'm thinking of sitting down and re-watching the Big Lebowski.

That movie really ties my movie collection together, man.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2011, 04:36:42 AM »
I honestly don't see all the hype behind the movie, but I enjoy it.

I was going to watch Jin Roh and I was really excited to, but then I realized that my copy was completely untranslated with no dubs or subtitles, so I switched to the Machinist. My god, that movie was intense. The whole time I felt fairly uneasy about the whole ordeal (I felt connected to the main character, because I'm skinny and white trash) and I honestly didn't enjoy the flick until it started getting near the end and it finally tied everything together. A few questions, spoilers:

So who was Ivan? I'm assuming he's a completely made up character, but what the hell is he supposed to represent?

Oh, and I accidentally acquired a whole fuckton of movies, a decent part of which seems good. I'll probably start with a Fist full of Dollars and move onto 5 Centimeters per Second then probably Dr. Strangelove and somewhere in there I'll fit in Good fellas and the Godfather.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 05:05:40 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2011, 07:10:27 PM »
God, it's been too long since I last watched the machinist. I love that really uneasy feeling you get throughout the whole thing. The whole movie comes together so well that you really get a feeling like things just aren't right with what your seeing...

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2011, 04:06:35 PM »
That movie did give me a fuck ton of respect for Christian Bale. Also just finished Jin Roh, and my god I was not expecting that ending. It really did seem like a sort of GitS type movie, what with the political dickery in the background, which is why I was interested in the first place. but hell, I wasn't expecting that ending at all.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436971/

Not sure if documentaries fit here, but I was wondering if anyone had seen this.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1337057/

I also heard this movie wasn't half bad, but it was made by Uwe Bowl SOOOOOO.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 02:31:41 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

flaffl

• KOREA MEMBER ^_^ FUNNI KEKEKEKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2011, 02:51:48 AM »
Who here has seen The King's Speech and thought it was a good movie? I wanna watch it but unfortunately I'm at uni which doesn't allow torrenting. Would definitely like someones opinion on it though.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2011, 03:06:20 PM »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0906665/

Just saw this movie, and it was rather odd. It was stupidly hard to follow due to how the actors talk (Quintin Tarintino was also in it, and I could barely understand him) and the plot was ALL over the place. That, and it was really violent at times while being really goofy at other times.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2011, 05:33:10 PM »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0906665/

Just saw this movie, and it was rather odd. It was stupidly hard to follow due to how the actors talk (Quintin Tarintino was also in it, and I could barely understand him) and the plot was ALL over the place. That, and it was really violent at times while being really goofy at other times.

I loved that movie, lol. Tarintino's lines were awesome, and the whole thing was just bizarre enough. Trust me, as far as japanese B movies go, it's easier to follow than many of them.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2011, 08:35:20 PM »
I'll need to rewatch it then. I was rather stoned and people were talking while the movie was going.

I also really watch to watch a Bittersweet Life, that movie was just stupidly good.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2011, 03:41:28 AM »
I'll need to rewatch it then. I was rather stoned and people were talking while the movie was going.

I also really watch to watch a Bittersweet Life, that movie was just stupidly good.

Haha, yeah, not the best way to watch that one. It definitely is a pretty weird movie though.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x