Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 797917 times)

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #2250 on: November 23, 2010, 11:35:42 PM »
Yeah, paring knives can be quite dangerous, lol. But man, a fucking blunt-ass butter knife :/

I basically just put some ice on it for a bit to numb it and stop it from bleeding, then just held it on my knee with pressure till it stopped bleeding. But it hurt like a bitch when it first happened :/ I think thats actully the first time I've cut myself on a butter knife.

I think that's the first time I've heard of somebody cutting themselves on a butter knife :X

flaffl

• KOREA MEMBER ^_^ FUNNI KEKEKEKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: November 25, 2010, 01:37:15 PM »
This.

Also Best Korea makes me angry.

west korea is best korea

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: November 25, 2010, 11:31:23 PM »
I think you meant to spell that as Corea.

Also I hate people that doubt you over trivial bullshit. My friend was talking about the anti-matter, and he said we were only able to trap it for a few seconds, to which I replied that it was actually for a while, and then explained the process. He just disagreed, and asked me where I read the article.

I guess I just hate it when people swear they're right, when they have no real proof and are just working off of an assumptions.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2253 on: November 25, 2010, 11:34:28 PM »
Yeah, we've been able to trap antimatter for short periods of time for a good while now, but not for any sort of extended time till recently.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: November 28, 2010, 11:13:53 PM »
I guess I just hate it when people swear they're right, when they have no real proof and are just working off of an assumptions.

This. So hard. Especially when they're clearly wrong but won't budge. Last week I went out drinking with my roommate and some of his friends from his high school. One of them said he had a mild cold, but he figured drinking would help because "alcohol kills things." I said, "Well, yeah, but you can't really kill a virus because viruses aren't really alive in the first place." He said, "Sure they are." I explained how viruses work. What followed was a long argument about the definition of biological life that concluded with me realizing that he didn't know the difference between viruses and infectious bacteria. And he was so damn sure he was right, too.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 11:20:15 PM by annon »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Kulli

« Reply #2255 on: November 28, 2010, 11:50:02 PM »
So yeah, the Western World

it pisses me off

a lot

Looking forward to the Asian Century

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: November 29, 2010, 03:29:04 AM »
but I don't like eating dogs.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #2257 on: November 30, 2010, 01:46:22 AM »
Keep your sweatshops out of 'murica

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2258 on: December 03, 2010, 03:17:50 AM »
Ahh, sharp pains in my right shoulder joint.  I can tell that winter is finally here!

Maybe if the family doctor I had 14 years ago knew what strep throat looked like, I wouldn't be having arthritis pain (which seems to be getting worse every year...turning 40 is going to suck, I think) right now.  Not that I'm bitter or anything.

</emo>
"This is a machine for making cows."

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2260 on: December 03, 2010, 09:11:28 AM »
Untreated strep throat can lead to rheumatic fever, which manifests itself in quite a few different ways.  It seems as though I was lucky enough to avoid the whole heart failure and possibility of death thing, only developing a leaky aortic valve which, according to my cardiologist, healed.

I don't know if the winter pains can still be called arthritis, but they've been happening every year since that happened without fail.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2261 on: December 03, 2010, 12:35:46 PM »
Untreated strep throat can lead to rheumatic fever, which manifests itself in quite a few different ways.  It seems as though I was lucky enough to avoid the whole heart failure and possibility of death thing, only developing a leaky aortic valve which, according to my cardiologist, healed.

I don't know if the winter pains can still be called arthritis, but they've been happening every year since that happened without fail.

Wow, that sucks ass. I'm lucky enough that my joint pains seem to be somewhat random, but I definitely sympathize with you about turning 40, lol.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2262 on: December 03, 2010, 05:36:10 PM »
Lawl, yeah, it's probably not going to be fun.

It feels a lot better today, but, then again, it wasn't as chilly today.  It usually happens on seasonal changes and when it gets below freezing.  Aspirin usually helps, though I've generally found that it's better in the long run to just deal with pain than to try and minimize it.  I hate taking OTC medication unless I absolutely need to.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2263 on: December 03, 2010, 11:37:29 PM »
Meh, good to know that the AI in Gran Turismo 5 is still as fucking terrible as it always was.  I love having to restart races because I get pushed off of the course.

What's worse is that GT5 introduces some events (I think GT4 had them as well, just not as many of them) where you can get disqualified for coming into contact with the AI drivers.  I say "coming into contact with" because they can slam into you and you'll be the one that gets fucked.  It's infuriating.

The worst part is that the only way to get enough money to buy some of the cars that you need to get through the beginning races is to do some of those awful special events.  Ugh.  Just let me fucking race and quit with the esoteric bullshit, already!

Let's not even get into the abortion that is the painting system.  You have to literally buy cars of a particular color, get a "paint item" from them, and use those "paint items" to color your other cars.  What the shit?  That would be like if buying a red card earned you a license to buy red paint.  If you wanted to paint another car red, you'd have to trade in the license for the paint.  It doesn't make any sense and is stupid as hell.

I think I'm just going to stick with a wait and see attitude on GT from now on.  As far as I'm concerned Forza Motorsport is still a must-buy game, though.  With each release of Forza it's taken strides to cut the bullshit and just let the player race, rewarding players for willingly increasing the difficulty.  I can deal with the license exams in Gran Turismo (I don't think they should be required, but I like that they're there), but most of the other random bullshit -- like a horrendously slow and painful race with 12 Volkswagen Buses (I'm not shitting you) -- just needs to die.

Oh, almost forgot.  GT5 ripped off the driver leveling system of Forza and made it shitty.  Instead of unlocking races, it unlocks the privilege of buying certain cars.  It's like the arbitrary car unlock system in Forza 1 and 2, only worse because it will quite literally throw cars in your face that you cannot get.  I don't remember which car I was vying for, but on my first trip into the used car dealership at the start of the game I saw a car that I really wanted to start out with.  I was even able to afford it.  Oops, too bad, I needed to be driver level 2 and I was driver level 0.  What's worse is that I had to buy a car to even get into the license exams, so I couldn't just go in, take a few exams, hit level 2, and hope that the car was still listed.  Nope, I got fucked out of it.

Don't even get me started on the load times.  For a game that installs 6.5GB to the hard drive, the load times are as slow as Forza 3, which loads off of the disc for the most part.  Ugh.

I really want to like it but it clearly hates me.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: December 05, 2010, 02:43:08 AM »
I hate how seeing women as sexually attractive makes me a sexist pig. I could easily see how trying to start a relationship with a girl for the soul purpose of just wanting sex makes you an asshole, but wanting to have sex with a female because you find her attractive doesn't make you a scumbag, it makes you straight.