Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 798160 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #2310 on: December 30, 2010, 04:19:33 PM »
For what? Most if has passed. I feel pretty much back to normal today. I knew what cased my problems (the way I was laying, and the fact that I pretty much didn't move for 2 and a half hours) and I had more or less done what I could (taken some acetaminophen and coldfx). But like I said, I'm pretty much back to normal today. I was still kinda feeling crappy when I posted that, but since then I've begun feeling more normal.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2311 on: December 30, 2010, 09:58:16 PM »
Shouldn't you go to a doctor?

Meh, all that happens if you go to a doctor with a virus (and that sounds like a flu to me) is risk infecting other people in the waiting room and having the doctor say, "Yep, it's the flu, alright!  Stay home and get some rest."
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: December 31, 2010, 02:15:20 AM »
I've never been that severally sick before, and not being able to move sounds like a major concern. Well, I was sicker then that one time, but I was vomiting and shitting liquid every half hour or so so I wasn't entering a vehicle for an hour + trip.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2313 on: December 31, 2010, 02:21:50 AM »
Well, it was definitely different from the usual flu, but I'm pretty sure that's what it was (fever, body aches, headache (still got a bit of that), upset stomach, chills). The weakness was mostly from the fact that I had 2 large blankets wrapped around me while I watched the movie, and probably from the position I was laying in as well. I felt some weakness before as well, and that does normally accompany the flu on occasion too, though not to that level. I was definitely weirded out a bit by it, but like spectere said, the doctor generally just confirms what it is, and tells you to go home before you infect someone else.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2314 on: December 31, 2010, 01:18:42 PM »
I don't usually get sick very often, but when I do I usually get really sick.  I've had a lot of the symptoms that you've mentioned before as part of the flu.

I caught the worst flu that I ever had when I was around ten.  I had a high fever, extremely sensitive skin, weakness, and -- best of all -- I actually had hallucinations.  I distinctly remember seeing the TV set that was in my bedroom sitting in the closet.  It was so vivid and real that I actually asked my mom why she moved the TV when I was watching it.  I also had a severe feeling of vertigo when I tried to watch something on TV and nothing was going on.

The last head flu that I remember having left me in a semi-catatonic state, sitting in front of my computer and playing Final Fantasy VIII for literally twelve hours straight.  It's amazing how much progress you can make on that game if you play it for half a day straight.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2315 on: December 31, 2010, 02:57:57 PM »
Wow, that's intense.

And yeah, while I don't usually get quite that bad, I do generally get pretty bad if I do get sick, because aside form the usual type of stuff (getting stuffed up, etc.) I generally don't get sick very often too.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: December 31, 2010, 09:32:21 PM »
Damn, sounds terrible. but Spectere is 100% right, unless you pass out or you have a fever that's really high you shouldn't see a doctor. but more on topic.

I hate people who say they aren't cold while wearing a jacket or some sort of cold weather gear. Wearing a jacket usually means you weren't comfortable prior to wearing it, which means you do think it's cold.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: December 31, 2010, 09:56:37 PM »
I don't usually get sick very often, but when I do I usually get really sick.  I've had a lot of the symptoms that you've mentioned before as part of the flu.

I caught the worst flu that I ever had when I was around ten.  I had a high fever, extremely sensitive skin, weakness, and -- best of all -- I actually had hallucinations.  I distinctly remember seeing the TV set that was in my bedroom sitting in the closet.  It was so vivid and real that I actually asked my mom why she moved the TV when I was watching it.  I also had a severe feeling of vertigo when I tried to watch something on TV and nothing was going on.

The last head flu that I remember having left me in a semi-catatonic state, sitting in front of my computer and playing Final Fantasy VIII for literally twelve hours straight.  It's amazing how much progress you can make on that game if you play it for half a day straight.

Yeah I get the same way Spec...get better soon man :/

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2318 on: December 31, 2010, 10:10:41 PM »
Damn, sounds terrible. but Spectere is 100% right, unless you pass out or you have a fever that's really high you shouldn't see a doctor. but more on topic.

But wait...you said...uh...

Shouldn't you go to a doctor?

gwwwaaahHHDHHYGLSAMKFSL:AM:M<L:!!

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: December 31, 2010, 10:24:00 PM »
I changed my mind, I'm a fickle girl.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2320 on: December 31, 2010, 10:38:26 PM »
S'okay, I'll forgive you. :)

Also, I wound up getting Rhythm Zone on Steam today as part of one of the Indie packs and fuck my ass is it bad.  Seriously, I think the only "rhythm action" game that I've played that was worse is Dance Factory.  I should make a video with assist ticks (just clicks indicating where the game thinks that there's a beat-worthy sound) just for laughs.

I wound up doing Never by Son of Rust since the music is very clear.  Everything lines up nicely on sixteenth notes, the bass kick is pretty clear, and the lead synth is easy to follow (I should know, it was probably the easiest-to-write simfile that I ever did!).  Putting it on expert lead to a completely incoherent chart, as if someone just loaded up StepMania's editor, put in a random BPM, hit CTRL-R, and had a seizure on a DDR pad.

Why is it that AutoBPM, a dinky little freeware program, can do such a fine job determining a song's BPM while programs that claim to have perfect beat detection don't even come remotely close?

Edit: Hammerfight, on the other hand, is the worst fucking game I've ever played in my life.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 11:01:50 PM by Spectere »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2321 on: January 23, 2011, 09:08:37 PM »
Okay, take a look at the following two pictures:

Am I the only one who thinks that those results are more than a little fucked up?

Then again, AT&T isn't exactly known for having a good network...ever.  They're turning their once-solid DSL service into an extension of their shitty cellular network.  The Speedtest result also doesn't show the insane lag spikes that I've been getting all night in WoW, or the fact that the speeds went from 0.5mbps to 5.0mbps all night.  Or, for that matter, how incredibly slowly everything is loading.  Can anyone say "massive packet loss?"

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: January 23, 2011, 10:01:54 PM »

... \o/

A little more on topic, Armstrong blocks all ports < 1024 for residential connections, which is basically bullshit. I've got HTTP up on port 8080 and SSH on port 2222, so I guess it's just a minor annoyance in my interim server setup, but I'm still pissed about it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 10:03:32 PM by 『フエハデ』 »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2323 on: January 23, 2011, 10:33:12 PM »

... \o/

A little more on topic, Armstrong blocks all ports < 1024 for residential connections, which is basically bullshit. I've got HTTP up on port 8080 and SSH on port 2222, so I guess it's just a minor annoyance in my interim server setup, but I'm still pissed about it.

AKA: Armstrong think people are dumb.

Of course, when you want to host a website at home and port 80 is blocked, it's a pain to get people to actually rmember to add the :8080 on the url :/

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2324 on: January 24, 2011, 01:58:52 AM »
AKA: Armstrong think people are dumb.

Well yeah, almost all residential users are dumb, or at least ignorant.

In other news, I tethered my cell phone to my desktop computer for all of my Internet browsing tonight and T-Mobile's network handled it like a champ.  I played WoW, streamed video, and Skyped.  About the only thing that was a little bit worse was my latency, which ranged from 300-400ms.  Then again, AT&T was randomly spiking at 1-2 seconds at points, so that was actually an improvement as far as tonight is concerned.  It's kind of amazing how far we've come.