Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 798035 times)

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #2370 on: April 07, 2011, 09:13:02 PM »
I love it when I'm on a Gmod server and some dude will spawn some really complex wiremod contraption that doesn't use Expression gates, then when we tell him the server's lagging because of that contraption, he'll deny it because the contraption didn't lag when he made it offline.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2371 on: April 07, 2011, 09:27:05 PM »
Nah, there's no way he could be causing the lag.  Even though the server was running perfectly well for everyone before he spawned the contraption, it's clearly someone else's problem.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: April 08, 2011, 02:36:11 AM »
Political cartoons. Fuck em.

People who believe Anarchy is a viable system of "government". Just people who are pro anarchy in general. I once saw a girl spray the anarchy sign on a bridge, and then say something along the lines of people living peacefully without any sort of government.

Also people who believe they are being/trying hard to be offensive or edgy are annoying. Like the whole "OH FAMILY GUY IS SO CONTROVERSIAL" crowd.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 03:39:08 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2373 on: April 13, 2011, 04:26:17 PM »
Anarchists amuse me.

They're kidding themselves if they think that banishing government will allow people to live freely.  As a social animal, humans will naturally form packs, and these packs will naturally have a power hierarchy.  This isn't just a human thing, either.  Look at any social animal specie and you'll see the same basic social structure -- a leader and a whole mass of followers.  If anything, certain government types prevent a single person from having absolute power.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: April 14, 2011, 04:45:25 AM »
Anarchy's one of those things that only works well with like 10 people or less.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2375 on: April 28, 2011, 06:13:38 PM »
I'm normally not one to complain about such things, but the new Google Chrome icon is absolutely dreadful.  I think I'm going to extract the icon from Chrome 10 before I update it at home and use that, because...ugh!

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: April 28, 2011, 07:01:28 PM »
Ew, yeah. If they're going to make it more abstract, they could at least use better color contrast.

EDIT: The Chrome update keeps the older version of Chrome, so it wasn't too hard to replace the icon sets.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 07:13:46 PM by annon »

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2377 on: April 28, 2011, 10:47:49 PM »
Yep, that's one of my main complaints.  It's too flat and just blends in with everything.

Let's do a little bit of comparing and contrasting:

At the bottom we have the Firefox icon.  Bold, vibrant, and stands out well, even against my brownish-colored taskbar.  It looks dimensional, appearing to pop out at you.  Hard to miss.

Above that is the IE9 icon: modern, vibrant, bold, and colorful.  Even though the logo itself is pretty bright, the dark edges around the 'e' ensure that the main part of the logo will stand out, and the swoosh helps draw attention to the icon.

Not pictured is the Opera icon.  Simple and elegant, but it stands out thanks to the strong bevels and shadowing.

At the top is the classic Chrome icon.  There is a strong 3D effect on the icon, making it jump right out, and the Google colors are effectively portrayed.  It's not as stylish as the IE icon and not as vibrant as the Firefox icon, but it works very well in the confines of an icon-sized picture.

And last but not least, the new logo.  It looks passable at very large sizes, but it just looks amateurish and doesn't really stand out at all, especially if it has focus and is highlighted.  The middle also looks aliased.  Ugh.

Like you said, it's a good thing that it keeps the older versions available.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: April 29, 2011, 02:05:14 AM »
My roommate has this tendency to cook eggs for breakfast some mornings and then leave all of his dirty dishes in the kitchen sink for days. Normally I don't really mind since I don't cook, but today I was trying to wash a plate and all of his crap was in the way, which is really annoying since the sink doesn't have a detachable head. So I went and asked him if he could clean those dishes.

Me: "Hey, you think you could clean those dishes you left in the kitchen sink? They're kind of in the way."
Him: "Why haven't you vacuumed the living room yet?"
Me: "...Because it doesn't need vacuuming? This isn't about chores. This is you leaving your dishes in the sink and making it unusable."
Him: "It's just that if you want me to clean up, you should do your part too."
Me: "Fine, whatever."

Just 3 more weeks before I move out...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 02:09:34 AM by annon »

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2379 on: April 29, 2011, 10:29:08 AM »
Icon stuff

Indeed, the 3D effect and highlighting in the original makes a world of difference.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: May 02, 2011, 08:19:20 PM »
When you have an argument, and someone just repeats the same point, or has some sort of circular logic.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: May 06, 2011, 05:10:07 AM »
This.

The anti-vaccine movement has always pissed me off because it spreads misinformation that prevents children from receiving adequate medical care, but now the movement's negative impact on disease control is starting to show. Way to fucking go.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2382 on: May 07, 2011, 05:24:16 AM »
Agreed, that shit is fucking retarded. If anyone tells me I shouldn't give my kids vaccinations I might punch them in the face...
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2383 on: May 07, 2011, 05:55:43 PM »
I'm almost willing to bet that most of the people who are anti-vaccine have never suffered through polio.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: May 08, 2011, 04:29:14 PM »
Smoke. After spending a few nights with an entire group of people that smoke in a bar that shit gets annoying. I don't mind it at all during the fact, but the day afterwards I always feel a bit out.

My tires are worn to shit and I have basically no money to replace them.

Also GGPO hates me and refuses to properly update.

Started using IDM to download the Witcher 2 off of Gog, since regular downloading a really slow download of 2 gigs uninterrupted is impossible. Every time I try to resume downloading on the second part it just shuts the program down. I have  massive headache from this now.

AND ANOTHER THING. My friend is acting like a huge douche when it comes to shows. Basically I got him into to anime with sharing him a link to GitS, he loved it and went on a tangent by looking for similar shows (and by similar shows, I mean anything from Japan). So he gets hooked to Bleach because a lot of his friends in college watch it. I basically mention that most anime is bad, and he gets into a hissy fit with me over this, despite me basically getting him into it and watching the stuff years before him.

So yeah, a while after all this we are at a friends house and they recommend watching Firefly (these people seemed to have a pretty big knowledge on the whole entertainment front, and had a ton of recommendable shows that seemed pretty good) and my friend tried talking to them about shows, and in a real basic way the politely disagreed with his opinions (he said something about some show surpassing DBZ, someone else said that wouldn't be hard to do, everyone else agreed) then on the ride home he got all mad that other people disagreed with him even when he does the same shit (he stated that he can't watch firefly because it's too short, and he only wants shows that are like 300+ episodes long, which I'm sure is him referring to Bleach again).

Oh yeah, I recommended my friend watch Berserk and he said he wasn't into medieval shows, then another friend sent him a video of it and he said he loved the show.

TL;DR: friend won't admit when he might not know what he's talking about, has some sort of weird ego that only allows him to seriously take info that he experiences first hand (isn't concerned about the effects of smoking because he doesn't know anyone who has died from it) and he gets really upset when people disagree with him, but more so when people use logic to do so.

ALSO ALSO I have another friend who compulsively makes shit up, and another that makes vast assumptions and then sticks to them like facts.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 06:07:59 AM by MortifiedocAlot »