Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 796490 times)

Ulti

• View Profile
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #615 on: March 13, 2008, 12:51:50 AM »
I didn't even realize they still made optical mice anymore D:

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #616 on: March 13, 2008, 08:49:27 AM »
I'd probably just end up going with a cheap, basic Microsoft laser mouse. That sounds like the most attractive option.

Also, I have to take the FCAT Science test tomorrow, which blows. FCAT is Florida's statewide standardized test that determines how well teachers are teaching and schools are doing. They're pointless and they suck, and I never have to take any form of them (Reading, Writing, Math, Science) after tomorrow. Hooray.

We have some government testing here that's supposed to show how the teachers are teaching and how we're learning... Of course, the government is manipulating the values by making it easier every year just to make it look like we're getting better every year. Just about everyone thinks it's the most useless and retarded thing the government's done with education.

Here's the cheap Microsoft mouse that I have (which is listed at $30...I must have gotten it at a discount or something): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105183.  It good.

If you're willing to spend a bit more ($40), the Logitech MX518 is an awesome mouse and doesn't suffer from the scroll wheel problems that my G5 has: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104178.  It's not a laser mouse, but it's probably one of the best optical mice you can get.

I'm using a mouse like this http://images.tigerdirect.com/skuimages/large/M17-1751-main.jpg (mine's white with a cloudy white bottom part) right now, but I used to use one like this http://www.pandacomputer.com/online/images/p_lwom.jpg.

I can't find that model of mouse on the Logitech site, but I can tell you it was definitely one of the cheap mice. I never had any problems until it the scroll wheel mysteriously stopped working. My brother removed it and stuck in the Microsoft mouse (who's left click button no longer springs back, which is annoying), and after that, the Logitech didn't work at all. (I think something got fried when he hot-swapped it.)
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #617 on: March 13, 2008, 09:02:18 PM »
That $40 Logitech mouse looks delicious, I think I might invest in one.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 13, 2008, 11:55:29 PM »
I have a logitech G5 and I love it. I've never had any real problems with the mouse.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #619 on: March 14, 2008, 12:15:26 AM »
I used two of them, purchased at different times, that exhibited serious problems when scrolling occasionally.  They might have updated the mouse since my friend and I bought them, though, or it could even be an issue from a certain manufacturing plant.

Other than that, I love it.  I haven't seen a mouse that tracks as well as it does.  It's also insanely useful for Photoshop, et al, due to its insane precision (2000 dpi liek wut).  For as much as I use the scroll wheel, though, that design flaw (or whatever the hell it is) is enough to make me not use the mouse.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #620 on: March 14, 2008, 08:59:07 AM »
Yeah, I'd go nuts if I didn't have a working scroll wheel.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #621 on: March 14, 2008, 09:21:07 AM »
the mx518 is pretty tight, i use one.  the clicking in the mouse can get a bit annoying (every few weeks it gets in an odd position where it takes effort to click, for some reason, took it apart and couldn't find anything) but i can't find a more comfy mouse to use. 

not to mention the side buttons by the thumb are a fucking godsend.  i mean, i didn't think i would use them, but they control forward and backward on internet browsers, so everytime i want to go forward or back i just use the thumb.  its to the point where i simply can't stand browsing the internet without an mx518.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #622 on: March 14, 2008, 10:11:44 AM »
Crazy. I never thought I'd use buttons like that myself. Though I started using the scroll wheel the second I had a mouse with it, lol. I can't STAND not having one on other things. Especially laptops without a mouse.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 14, 2008, 07:27:04 PM »
Crazy. I never thought I'd use buttons like that myself. Though I started using the scroll wheel the second I had a mouse with it, lol. I can't STAND not having one on other things. Especially laptops without a mouse.

Agreeing like the fucking fist of north star. I feel retarded trying to use a Laptop's mouse pad.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #624 on: March 15, 2008, 09:14:55 AM »
I actually prefer thumb sticks (though I don't know of any recently made laptops that use one).

The only problem with those is you need to get the sensitivity just right, otherwise they're impossible to use well, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #625 on: March 15, 2008, 07:37:00 PM »
I actually prefer thumb sticks (though I don't know of any recently made laptops that use one).

The Dell Latitudes still have them.  I use the one on mine to scroll because I don't care much for track sticks -- they're too stiff.  If laptops still had trackballs I'd definitely use that, but that would probably add a wee bit too much bulk for modern designs.
"This is a machine for making cows."

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #626 on: March 29, 2008, 01:04:30 AM »
MySpace 'goodnight guys' bulletins. Oh my god. I don't care when you're going to sleep. For the love of god, stop informing me of it.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #627 on: March 29, 2008, 01:29:20 AM »
I hate those retards who pass on stupid things like "send this to all your myspace/facebook/email friends or your myspace/facebook/hotmail will be closed". Just once I wish someone would "accidentally" close every account that passed one of those on.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #628 on: March 31, 2008, 01:08:36 AM »
why my sig no werk rite >:|

EDIT: nevar mnid my sig iz werk rite <:)

EDIT 2: butt itz ovar 300 characters, which iz limit on sum webersitez

by four

fucking

characters
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 01:14:32 AM by Kuroshikun »

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #629 on: March 31, 2008, 07:30:59 PM »
Gah, I have like 6 swollen mosquito bites, two on either side of my face, and the other four on my arms and legs. Lame.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE