Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 787651 times)

vladgd

Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #660 on: May 08, 2008, 02:39:55 AM »
"yay i killed my target, after a long hard mission, it has to be over now!"

THE FEDS ARE AFTER YOU, LOSE YOUR WANTED LEVEL

"DAMNIT, well at least i quickly found a car"

THE FEDS SHOT OUT YOUR TIRES (THEY ALWAYS SHOOT OUT MY TIRES)

"FOR FUCK SAKE"

and after that ill start yelling out more profanity's/inflicting self harm due to frustration

and on a non gta 4 note, these two words

"next gen"

why can't people say "current gen"

use it properly like "omg the next gen graphics on the ps4 are going to be awesome" rather than "WOW LOOK AT THE NEXT GEN GRAPHICS OF GEARS OF WAR!"

i mean its not even like dumb people are using it, its like everybody(game devs, game media) is using the term "next gen" for "current gen" stuff.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 03:43:49 AM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #661 on: May 08, 2008, 06:46:50 AM »
Yeah, the systems are out, and it's time to start saying "current gen", next gen would be the NEXT stuff, next gen can never be what's out right now. It will always be the next stuff....

Next.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #662 on: May 08, 2008, 07:32:40 AM »
Zakamiro's avatar.

what? Why?

and bobbias, this will probably piss you off as much as it did me: http://health.howstuffworks.com/marijuana.htm

Be sure to read the whole thing. >:\

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #663 on: May 08, 2008, 09:08:18 AM »
It's perfectly fine until about the end of page 4, where they explain about receptors, but fail to mention numerous things, such as the fact that anandamide is involved in working memory, and the fact that activating an canabinoid receptor it not always bad.

I'm actually impressed with the overall quality and depth of the article. while it is still somewhat biased, it does a good job of not becoming a gigantic scarefest bolstered by tons of BS stuff. The only thing I might want them to clarify is their information about it's affects in the brain, and a slightly more impartial view point, explaining the frequency and severity of the symptoms they mention, as well as explaining the high better. That, and some more evidence about the "over 400 chemicals" and possibly a list of many of those, and something indicating the danger of those chemicals, or a link to more info on them.

They also fail to mention that although a marijuana smoker does face many of the same dangers as a smoker does as far a lung based diseases and such, marijuana is devoid a a GREAT deal of chemicals in cigarettes, and the overall risk is less, because most people smoke less marijuana than they would tobacco.

Other than those issues, that is probably one fo the best articles I've found online so far about marijuana.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 10, 2008, 03:13:21 PM »
So I'm playing cave story, trying to save Curly with out much guide help. Now she's stuck in a cabin and I can't get that charge weapon (already got the snake, it's disappointing) and I pretty much have to start over from the start after doing 3/4s of the game. Hot damn.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 10, 2008, 05:12:18 PM »
I saw a Fox news report about how GTA teaches kids how to steal. Riiiight. Walk up to a car that's driving ~15 mph on the freeway, pull the driver out, and drive away in his car. Happens all the time.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #666 on: May 10, 2008, 06:59:48 PM »

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 10, 2008, 11:28:02 PM »
I saw a Fox news report about how GTA teaches kids how to steal. Riiiight. Walk up to a car that's driving ~15 mph on the freeway, pull the driver out, and drive away in his car. Happens all the time.

A decent amount of that hype basically made GTA popular. Funny how the game man hunt is much more worse then GTA yet they all still call GTA a "murder simulator".

vladgd

« Reply #668 on: May 10, 2008, 11:35:56 PM »
Walk up to a car that's driving ~15 mph on the freeway, pull the driver out, and drive away in his car. Happens all the time.

actually, in gta 4, i find it really difficult to jack nearly every car that isn't stopped at a red light.  not to mention, you have to be aware of traffic when you run out in the road, ive been KILLED by cars that decided not to stop.

anyway this game is used to the media attention, the media will continue to be retarded, and the earth will continue to orbit the sun.

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #669 on: May 12, 2008, 07:33:10 AM »
anyway this game is used to the media attention, the media will continue to be retarded, and the earth will continue to orbit the sun.

Aw, how sweet. :> I like that sentence for some reason. idk. anyway, I friggin' hate trying to sleep, but not being tired, but needing to wake up early in the morning. FUCKING DITTO.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #670 on: May 12, 2008, 09:09:21 AM »
I fucking hate getting woken up at 8:25 being told I need to drive my brother to school for 8:40 or so.

Seriously. My mom was up, why the fuck couldn't she do it? My dad never said anything that morning, so I'd assumed I could actually sleep for once.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #671 on: May 12, 2008, 02:14:08 PM »
game companies remodeling their fucking game consoles

i have multiple examples

1: i buy a game boy advance when it comes out, i play the gba games, but they are hard to see due to no backlight.  about a year or so later, they release a new version with a backlight, that folds up to protect it from scratches.   

i ended up turning in the old gba for an sp. 

nintendo, fuck you. 

2: same as 1 only with the ds, and me being smart and not getting a ds until the lights came out.

3: xbox 360

i got my xbox 360 back in july 2006, it doesn't have an hdmi port.  now the "premium" package 360's come with hdmi ports(i got a "premium" package back in 06), so because i bought the thing a year early, i have inferior hardware, and no hdmi port to see a better picture on my tv.  i mean, i wasted a decent bit of time looking at these hdmi ports, thought to myself "my 360 has no such port" then wikipedia tells me that microsoft hates me, and i have to deal with the component cables or buy a new system.

microsoft, fuck you.

4: ps3

i refuse to list the amount of facelifts this thing has had, but i will list the easiest one.

it was advertised to have backwards compatability, and it did, now it doesn't.

fuck you sony.

5: psp

same as number 2, save for me not owning a psp "slim" yet

sony, fuck you, again

lesson learned, so one must wait at least 2 to 3 years after said system comes out as to "hopefully" not get screwed over and get the "optimal"  hardware.

i mean at least the wii isn't doing it (yet) and i don't yet own a tripple, or psp(yet).

to add

i bought ninja gaiden shortly after it came out for $50.00. 

it is one of the best action games ever made, but later, they release a BETTER VERSION, for $20.00 CHEAPER.

so me, one of the customers who helped the game get successful in the first place, gets fucked over, and the people who didn't give a rats ass about playing the game while it was out the first year get rewarded.

the fuck kind of world is this.

remind me to never buy things within the year they came out.  i mean, i fucking swear they will release a "GRAND THEFT AUTO FOUR SPECIAL EDITION FOR ONLY TWENTY US DOLLARS" next year because i typed this post.

i mean i should be able to redeem my current hardware/software for the new shit at a discounted price (like i did for the sp)

/end rant/i have 2 hdmi ports which will continue to go unused until i get a tripple to fill up one of the slots

RRRRRAAAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEEE
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 02:18:04 PM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #672 on: May 12, 2008, 02:29:48 PM »
Yeah, that is really gay.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 12, 2008, 02:55:47 PM »
Indeed patients pays in more then one way.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #674 on: May 12, 2008, 03:44:40 PM »
5: psp

same as number 2, save for me not owning a psp "slim" yet

The only advantage of having the PSP Slim is the additional battery life and the doubled memory.

From all other counts, I've heard that the Slim is built rather cheaply compared to the PSP Phat (which is kind of tank-like, in all honesty).  Additionally, you miss out on some very awesome homebrew features, like the IR port and the ability to run firmware under version 3.60.  You also cannot (at least last time I checked) run any homebrew designed for lower versions, like 1.50 (which is still, by far, the most common variety).

This is one of those rare cases where, if I do get a Slim, I'm going to keep the Phat.  The only real compelling reason I'd have to get a Slim is the increased battery life and the fact that the display wouldn't be scratched to hell (I swear, whoever had my PSP before I did played baseball with it, using it as the ball).
"This is a machine for making cows."