Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 770024 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #795 on: June 17, 2008, 01:10:36 AM »
Wow...that's just ridiculous. <_<

On the bright side, that means that you can slap your dad very soon.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #796 on: June 17, 2008, 01:15:10 AM »
GAS COSTING OVER FOUR FUCKING DOLLARS A GALLON

everybody can rage at this

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #797 on: June 17, 2008, 01:17:44 AM »
Gas has gone up nearly 300% since I started driving.  It makes me unhappy.

It costs more to fill up my teeny tiny Saturn with its 12-gallon tank than it used to cost to fill up my monstrous Toronado and its 21-gallon tank.

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #798 on: June 17, 2008, 02:20:34 AM »
Wow...that's just ridiculous. <_<

On the bright side, that means that you can slap your dad very soon.

And make him buy me another bottle of schnapps.  :P  The weiners either threw it away or drank it themselves.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: June 17, 2008, 02:59:20 AM »
when people on call of duty are either a) too drunk or high to realize they're being dicks b) are too competitive or, c) they bring their entire fucking gang to play. meaning they've partied up and are in private team chat, and have a much increased chance of winning because of the fact they're actually communicating. It gives a huge disadvantage, when, for example, I'm stuck on a team in which NO ONE has their microphones/headsets plugged in. W.T.F.

They tried to remedy this fact by including a game mode 'mercenary deathmatch' but I've witnessed people still playing 'together' get on the same team, and it pisses me off. DM should be completely random skill wise. I don't need Infinity Ward deciding who is most closely matched with me. How are the shitty noobs gonna get better? by playing with others of the same caliber? no. by playing with gods. If you get your ass kicked enough, you'll learn how to play better, faster. Some might argue this fact [don't argue, this is just a rant, nothing else.] that, oh, well if they're playing with their own level, the learning curve is smoother. Right, but others could then say its more of a hindrance than anything because it takes longer to learn tricks and your style of play.

The maps are also horribly imbalanced. This post could also go in that imbalances thread, but I don't want to argue with anyone about this, because.. well I don't, and it's pointless.  Anyway, the maps are either a) close quarters and just use semi/autos. or b) it's a long fuck map with a ton fuck of open space just asking for a WHO HAS A BIGGER SNIPER PENIS match, which I'm good at, because I just run around the map slaying idiots lost in their fucking scope.

Ugh I just was in a match that got me really pissed so I decided to let it out here and take a break.

FUCK

tl;dr:
CoD 4 has some shitty imbalances, not as bad as halo though.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #800 on: June 17, 2008, 03:16:58 AM »
God, Ubuntu is so fucking shitty.

Seriously, why do Linux fanboys worship it?  The video card drivers manage to always break during updates and I haven't even installed all that much on there.  I thought that was the point of having a fucking package manager.  You know, so that you can eliminate/reduce breakage?  Fuck.

I think I'm going to upgrade my secondary computer to Gentoo.  It might take longer to get set up but I'll be damned if I'm going to put up with this bullshit every time I upgrade my kernel (which, in the case of Ubuntu, is every other day).

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #801 on: June 17, 2008, 03:21:31 AM »
Why so often?
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #802 on: June 17, 2008, 03:33:09 AM »
I am exaggerating, of course, but they do push out minor versions constantly.  It probably wouldn't be so bad if two things weren't true:

(1) If you run multiple distros on one machine and have your /boot partition organized, it cannot update GRUB's menu.lst automatically, which is annoying.  Fortunately, it doesn't nuke it like other distros (*cough* Fedora *cough* SuSE *cough*) tend to do.

(2) HI I'M UBUNTU AND I'M BREAKING YOUR VIDEO CARD DRIVERS.

Number 2 is especially annoying, mainly because the nVidia driver installed by the package management system simply doesn't work.  It stopped working during its last update and, despite the fact that it's a known issue and multiple people have experienced it, it doesn't seem like they have any intention to fix it (it's been like that for a couple of weeks now...meanwhile, my Gentoo box remains completely unbroken).  What I had to do last time was download the drivers from nVidia's side and install them manually, which I should NOT have to do in this case.  It's not like I threw in a brand new card in that system, no, it's running a GeForce 6600GT.  Some of the other people complaining about it online have used even older cards which shouldn't be affected by the changes in the newer nVidia driver.

It's just bloody annoying.  Here I was thinking that Ubuntu was supposed to be easier to use, yet it can't seem to touch Gentoo's "emerge -uDN world".

And, of course, now I have to waste a night installing a distro that doesn't break every five minutes when I wanted to start getting things done on my pet project.  Go figure.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #803 on: June 17, 2008, 03:59:07 AM »
That sucks ass.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #804 on: June 17, 2008, 04:47:31 PM »
the shits

they can die

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #805 on: June 17, 2008, 05:22:00 PM »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 17, 2008, 10:10:00 PM »
We already have a BAWWW about FPS imbalances thread, but yes that is a problem. It always bothered me when one team would be made out of all clan members, and the other would be average/crappy players, and the clanned side wouldn't do shit to even it up.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #807 on: June 17, 2008, 11:59:26 PM »
I paid for my gas with cash today. I put down $50 and then another $4 (in two $2 bills), totalling $54, because that's how much I estimated I was going to spend to fill up my tank.

It ends up being $52, I go back in and specifically ask for one of my twos back. And not even 3 minutes later, they had ALREADY sent it off back to the bank because all stores univerally loathe $2 bills. What the hell. So she gave me back two ones. At least she was nice about it, but still, the lack of acceptance for the $2 really, REALLY irks me. I love that thing, it's got the best design out of any bill we have, yet everyone shuns it. Urgh.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #808 on: June 18, 2008, 02:03:33 AM »
the back of the bills are awesome. :]

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #809 on: June 18, 2008, 02:28:50 AM »
It ends up being $52, I go back in and specifically ask for one of my twos back. And not even 3 minutes later, they had ALREADY sent it off back to the bank because all stores univerally loathe $2 bills. What the hell. So she gave me back two ones. At least she was nice about it, but still, the lack of acceptance for the $2 really, REALLY irks me. I love that thing, it's got the best design out of any bill we have, yet everyone shuns it. Urgh.

Damn... :(

Y'know, it's not fair.  The Canadians have those damn Toonies ($2 coins), why can't we have more $2 bills floating around?  It wouldn't be so bad if most things nowadays weren't just over $1 (bottles of pop/soda, for instance, range from $1.29 to $1.59 depending on the size...$2 bills would be very convenient for purchasing those).

BAAAAAAAAAWWWWW