Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 770055 times)

Malwyn

• View Profile
Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« on: September 10, 2007, 01:37:39 AM »
I think a 'blah blah sucks blah blah h8' thread is in order, in much the same line as the old one.

Shall I start? I shall.

I bought a wireless pcmcia card on ebay. It cost me $40 with shipping. I sent the money as per instructions, and about a week later I get an email back in pigeon english, basically saying 'I might have received your money, can you send me the details of your payment so I can check'. No biggie, I'm pretty patient. I send him the information (a week's passed, I paid with a direct debit transfer- the money would have arrived within about three days tops), wait another week and am still sans a pcmcia card that I'd really have liked to use two weeks ago, minus $40 I could have spent on a cheaper, crappier pcmcia card and some booze, and minus any confirmation that the money's been found, the money HASN'T been found, or if the package has at all been sent. Two days ago I sent a miffed email to the guy politely saying hurry the fuck up.

This is what I get for buying a name brand pcmcia card that will quite likely work with linux natively or at least ndiswraps nicely, and won't arrive as several of my other packages have- either irreparably broken or a bunch of microchips superglued to a piece of cardboard spelling out 'LOL'.

I am not amused.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 01:52:17 AM »
Yeech... :(  That sucks.  Any idea where the thingie's getting shipped from?  Also, if you don't get the product soon I'd turn the prick into eBay...open up a dispute and see if you could get your money back or at least get his account closed/crippled/whatever.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Malwyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 02:33:27 AM »
I don't think he's run off with my money, I think he's just an idiot and/or his wife left him for a potato or something.

IIRC, it's being shipped from Sydney. About a thousand kilometres south.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 02:53:14 AM »
Well, if he does do something stupid, open a dispute and pwn that ass.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 03:10:00 AM »
ebay doesn't take this shit lightly.... hehehe...

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 09:08:53 PM »
I don't think he's run off with my money, I think he's just an idiot and/or his wife left him for a potato or something.

What is it with you and potatoes?

Also, having to go to a booster meeting for band (a meeting where all the band parents get together and discuss logistics and fundraising and stuff) that I get NOTHING out of really blows. My mom usually wants me to take notes for her because she can't hear anything the other parents say but they never really say anything that she would be particularly interested. Sometimes there will be a date or something that I'll make a note of but she could just ask one of the other parents after the meeting. It's silly that I have to waste hours of my life going to these every month D:

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 10:55:30 PM »
FUCK, metroid just got retardedly harder out of nowhere. It throws these waves of jet pack assholes at me that do a ton of damage and are way to hard to kill without using my overdrive thing that already takes health away. Also they throw down mines that hurt me about more then 3 quarters of a bar of health, and I only have five. I think I've did about 5 or 6 waves until I died and said fuck it.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 11:20:32 PM »
Trying to do Facility on 00 Agent in 2:05. WHAT THE CHRIST? How is that POSSIBLE?

Also, Archives on 00 Agent in 1:45. Equally impossible. What the hell.

(if you have insider strategies please share! i am desperate!)

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 11:30:01 PM »
Yeah, goldeneye has some RETARDED difficulty levels. I was always more of a fan of multiplayer anyway.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 11:59:44 PM »
Playing Doom on nightmare is nearly as retarded :(

Kuroneko

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 12:23:46 AM »
Something that's somewhat peeling my potatoes at the moment is the fact that nobody either 1) has UT99 or 2) is willing to test out my DM beta map.  I should probably remake the thread for it here, I nuked it in frustration about 2 minutes before Spectere locked it XD

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 12:31:02 AM »
Playing Doom on nightmare is nearly as retarded :(

It's not too too terrible, you just have to pretty much ignore the monsters.

Something that's somewhat peeling my potatoes at the moment is the fact that nobody either 1) has UT99 or 2) is willing to test out my DM beta map.  I should probably remake the thread for it here, I nuked it in frustration about 2 minutes before Spectere locked it XD

Yeah, uh, it would really help if you left the thread open for a while.  I didn't have time to check it out before and when I did have a chance to do it you deleted the link.  Now I'm not going to have a chance to look at it until after my trip so, uh...yeah.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 12:52:15 AM »
It's not too too terrible, you just have to pretty much ignore the monsters.

Yeah try that while you're playing Hell Revealed :U

One cannot simply ignore 35 revenants.

Malwyn

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 02:16:32 AM »
What is it with you and potatoes?

I just think they're neat.

Also- Marvell, the networky company. Not only did windows XP not detect my network card, the fucking marvell website doesn't even have a windows driver listed for my wireless card.

Ordinarily I'd give a haughty laugh because both work in Linux (the network card works out of the box, as per usual), but this is just revolting.

Also, the fact that I have to run windows in order to do several assignments in my own home. SPSS did not like wine, and... grargh. Death. Angry. H8.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 09:02:03 PM »
Yeah try that while you're playing Hell Revealed :U

If you play HR on Nightmare, you deserve every bit of frustration that it throws at you. :P  UV is bad enough (though still quite doable...I've beaten it before).

Also- Marvell, the networky company. Not only did windows XP not detect my network card, the fucking marvell website doesn't even have a windows driver listed for my wireless card.

Did Marvell actually make the card or did they just provide the chipset?  If it's the latter you'll have to hunt down the specific set for that card.

Also, the fact that I have to run windows in order to do several assignments in my own home. SPSS did not like wine, and... grargh. Death. Angry. H8.

SPSS can go choke on a dick.  I distinctly remember it being a royal bitch to roll out in images, too.

Sad when I have extreme malice toward it despite never actually using the program (well, for more than two minutes at a time, anyway).