Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 793886 times)

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #1065 on: August 31, 2008, 02:02:45 AM »
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

*Sung in the "Hot Pocket" tune.* Fuckpocket.

My god damned school e mail is not letting me access it, so I have no clue what books I need, which means I'm going to be far behind in my shit.

That's some bull shit nigga.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1066 on: August 31, 2008, 04:25:49 AM »
See, my school at least got that part right, I can access my book list, my course registration, and a bunch of other stuff right away by logging into their "Banner" system. Unfortunately, their online system for online courses and all that sort of stuff, Blackboard, is apparently a gigantic pile of shit.

Physics is really cool, however, I failed it in highschool because I HATE labs. It's like "do some stupid little experiment, then make some huge retarded writeup that goes into way more depth than necessary to explain something you probably already understood thanks to encountering it every single day of your life".
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1067 on: August 31, 2008, 11:27:10 AM »
Ugh!  Blackboard.  I'm so glad only one or two of my professors ever used that. 

My Java prof doesn't even bother with it.  <3
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: August 31, 2008, 12:03:05 PM »
My god damned school e mail is not letting me access it, so I have no clue what books I need, which means I'm going to be far behind in my shit. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.
Huh. My college email account just redirects to my gmail account. I wonder why more schools don't do that.

The only online course tool thing I have to use is MasteringPhysics, which isn't bad, but I wish my prof assigned more problems in variables and less that required a calculator.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1069 on: August 31, 2008, 07:25:19 PM »
Fucking jackass campers.

Jesus christ. Last night I wasn't sure when I was supposed to work until. I signed out at 4 AM because ever since 11 PM the place was quiet. There was 1 fire going in one of the sections, and another section was completely asleep (no fires, nobody up, nothing). The place was SILENT. There were a couple seasonal sites still up, but after the party was broke up at 11, there was nothing going on.

So anyway, I leave, and apparently after that a bunch of fucking jackasses decide to light off fireworks, and party at fucking 5 AM. What the fuck. It's 5 Fucking AM, why the fuck are they still awake, let alone partying? It's a campground/trailor park, not a fucking party site. We do have people who rent sites just to pitch a tent and sleep.

So yeah, apparently the guy who runs the place (my boss, and the only other guy to be on the security now), ended up doing security after I left, because of those jackasses.

Fuck.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1070 on: September 02, 2008, 12:19:38 AM »
After I get everything established and stuff I plan to save up for a new laptop.  I still love my Inspiron but it's a bit dated, to be honest.  After all, I've had it for about three years now...not too surprising that it'd be a bit outdated.

I was considering picking up a MacBook.  After looking through the Apple store, I quickly reconsidered.  Seriously, what is up with their prices?  It's extortion!  It's precisely why my next laptop is going to be another Dell.

A high-resolution, UWXGA 17" display is an absolute must for me.  Apple's only model with a 17" display costs a whopping $2800, plus another $100 upgrade is required to bring it up to UWXGA (normally, its resolution is only 1680x1050...reasonably high, yes, but not high enough for how I work).  Just as a reference, the system had a 2.5GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of RAM, a 5400rpm 200GB hard drive, a DVD writer, and a GeForce 8600M GT.  Not bad.

I went right over to Dell after headdesking over the price and came to the conclusion that I could get a system with the same processor, the same memory size and speed, a faster, 7200rpm hard drive, the UWXGA display and, wait for it, dual GeForce 8700M GT cards -- A FAR BETTER SYSTEM in overall performance -- for something like $400 cheaper.  Wow.

I can't wait until the novelty of Apple wears off and they actually have to start trying to be competitive.
"This is a machine for making cows."

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: September 02, 2008, 12:25:08 AM »
Wow that's awesome Spec.

Yeah Apple overprices EVERYTHING they sell.  Thats why if I do get an MP3 player it is going to be a Zune or a Zen.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: September 02, 2008, 04:43:29 AM »
Konsole. Or at least the Konsole that came with this Mandriva installation. Look, when I type in "rm -R *", it means "Get rid of absolutely everything in the current directory." It does not mean "Ask me before deleting each file." THERE ARE OVER 500 FILES IN OVER 25 SUBDIRECTORIES. THERE'S A REASON I USED A *. So YES. YES IT'S OK TO DESCEND INTO THAT DIRECTORY, AND YES, IT'S OK TO DELETE THAT FILE. STOP ASKING AND DO IT. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1073 on: September 02, 2008, 01:46:05 PM »
That doesn't have anything to do with Konsole, it all depends on how your aliases are set up in bash.

Most distros have rm set up to automatically pass the -f argument (or, at least, not to pass the -i argument).  If -f is passed, rm never asks you for permission to delete any files.

There are two solutions to this problem:

1) Use rm -f when deleting a large number of files.
2) echo "alias rm='rm -f'" >> ~/.bashrc  ...then log out and log back in

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: September 02, 2008, 04:22:37 PM »
Oh. Thanks for that.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1075 on: September 02, 2008, 05:08:51 PM »
No sweat. :)

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #1076 on: September 02, 2008, 05:34:10 PM »
I ate my soup too fast; now I have a tummy ache. :(

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: September 03, 2008, 08:32:32 PM »
When people, primarily girls, vaguely advertise how they feel about some situation using their Facebook status. Like, when you see "<name> hates guys." or "<name> doesn't know how to take this." or "<name> hopes this friendship won't be broken." or "<name> wonders how this is going to eventually turn out." If you're going to be that vague, don't put it in your Facebook status; keep it to yourself or between whoever you have the issue with and yourself. It's that simple. Either be specific or, if that's too embarrassing/revealing for you, don't update your status.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 08:37:48 PM by annon »

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1078 on: September 03, 2008, 08:42:44 PM »
I like having status wars.

"x is not going to take this"
"y is definitely not going to take this"
"x is sure as hell not going to take this anymore"
"y wonders how y is going to get through this"
"x doesn't even know how x could take it in the first place"
"y says x should take it in the butt."
"x ..."
"y says "OWNED, BITCH!""
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1079 on: September 04, 2008, 01:33:17 PM »
My brother keeps fucking drinking my Disaronno. Next time I catch him drinking my booze, he's never getting on this computer again, and fuck what my parents say. I payed $35 for that bottle, and he keeps drinking more of it.

Fucking asshole.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x