Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 788494 times)

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #1245 on: November 11, 2008, 04:39:36 PM »
People who don't think they should fight for something if it doesn't affect them directly. That's why Proposition 8 passed in California.

By "marriage", they mean two people being wed in a sacramental ceremony in a church, right?  If so, then Proposition 8 not being passed would be unfair to them; it's wrong for the government to force someone or a group to do something they feel is wrong, even if it's seemingly unfair.  Don't think I'm a an everything you hate, though;  I definitely think that same-sex civil unions should be recognized and performed by the government, and the government should give those couples the same rights they'd give a heterosexual couple. 

I don't think the word "marriage" should be redefined, nor should any word in any language just to please a group of people.  People who would want to redefine a word to please themselves should choose a different word to use altogether. 

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1246 on: November 11, 2008, 05:14:46 PM »
No, they do not mean as a sacramental ceremony in church. They mean marriage as they sign a piece of paper and the government recognizes them as being married.

And sorry, but throughout history, words are redefined all the time. Either the meaning changes slowly in everyday speech, or some event redefines a certain meaning or use of a word.

Prop 8 wasn't about forcing a church to marry same-sex couples. It was about the ridiculous archaic belief that the word marriage should only apply to heterosexual couples. As far as I'm concerned, the word "marriage" (and the root "marry") is just as applicable to same-sex couples as heterosexual couples. The word "marry" can and is used for denoting that 2 substances/ideas/objects/whatever are somehow joined.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/marry

6.   to combine, connect, or join so as to make more efficient, attractive, or profitable: The latest cameras marry automatic and manual features. A recent merger marries two of the nation's largest corporations.
7.   Nautical.
a.   to lay together (the unlaid strands of two ropes) to be spliced.
b.   to seize (two ropes) together end to end for use as a single line.
c.   to seize (parallel ropes) together at intervals.

10.   (of two or more foods, wines, etc.) to combine suitably or agreeably; blend: This wine and the strong cheese just don't marry.

Prop 8 was all about homophobic jackasses trying to use the word of the law against homosexual people. It was all about leaning too heavily on the specific wording of the law fore the purpose of denying homosexual people the right to marry.

There's a reason for the constitutional amendments: to deal with new issues that may come up that weren't foreseen when the original constitution was drawn up, and this is one of them.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: November 12, 2008, 10:38:51 PM »
I am sick once again and I have a bad chest cold.  My breathing is so bad that I can only take a fourth of my full breathing capasity...god it fucking sucks.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1248 on: November 13, 2008, 04:08:04 AM »
God damnit, I keep having to recompile PHP because I forget about one single freaking USE flag.  It only takes about 10 minutes (edit: actually, it takes 9 minutes and 47 seconds) to compile on my laptop (which is where my test server is running) but seeing as I've already done it three times it's starting to add up.  Gentoo's only real downside loves to bite me in the ass like this from time to time (but at least I'm man enough to admit that my choice distros have flaws, unlike 95% of the Ubuntu and Mac OS whores :P).

First, I forgot to have it build the Apache module.  Then, I forgot to enable mysqli and gd support.  Finally, I forgot to enable ctype support, which phpMyAdmin seems to need.  Buhhhhhhh, this always happens when I do this kind of crap.

Oh well, it should be up and running in about...five minutes.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 04:14:21 AM by Spectere »
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1249 on: November 13, 2008, 01:23:21 PM »
Lol, better than having to do that on my "server" AKA my NAS.

It's running a cellphone ARM processor at about 333 MHz and takes about 45 minutes to recompile PHP.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1250 on: November 13, 2008, 01:28:07 PM »
45 minutes?  Pah, that's probably faster than my goddamn Mac can do it.  After attempting to use it the other day I can see why I stopped trying to use that computer.
"This is a machine for making cows."

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: November 14, 2008, 05:03:33 PM »
Cold wind.

<_<

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1252 on: November 15, 2008, 11:51:24 AM »
Still sick.  (Or perhaps sick again - my symptoms have completely changed since Monday.)

Lost my flash drive.  Not much on there that I'm really really going to miss, other than my ITG2 data.  x.x  Whoever finds it is going to get some LEGITIMATELY ACQUIRED programs too.  Muwahahah.... >_>

I want it back.  ;_;
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: November 15, 2008, 04:12:11 PM »
Still sick.  (Or perhaps sick again - my symptoms have completely changed since Monday.)

Exact same here. I couldn't even get to sleep last night and I was exhausted. Hell, I laid around until 3:30 today because I didn't feel like moving.

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1254 on: November 15, 2008, 04:17:02 PM »
Aw, I'm sorry you're sick too.  :(

I'm glad I'm getting sick now though.  It means there's a good chance I won't be sick for my finals in a few weeks.  :3
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: November 15, 2008, 05:57:51 PM »
So while I was trying to play the L4D demo online with a friend last night, something weird started happening with the menus while starting the game. I managed to quit the game, and when I opened up a browser to try and troubleshoot, I got redirected to CSU's Housing & Dining page telling me that my internet had been restricted because it had too many connections going out. That "too many" was 133/minute. I did the math, and that means that I now can't play an online game with a ping lower than 450ms, essentially meaning I can't play any game that requires real-time interaction with players. This is completely new, and really pisses me off.

Their block list gets reset automatically at 10:00am every morning, but the page told me that I could call the H&D tech desk and get it reactivated. Of course, the page failed to inform me that the desk is only in operation between 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday.

I'm really pissed that I'm getting punished for doing something perfectly legal.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: November 15, 2008, 07:06:24 PM »
Also I have about 1 week left to finish my project, and I didn't do anything today, and it's not getting done on time.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1257 on: November 16, 2008, 12:19:32 AM »
I left my mouse for my laptop at my girlfriend's place. And she's going to be gone tomorrow. I HATE using the laptop for any extended period of time without the mouse :/

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: November 16, 2008, 09:31:25 AM »
Well friend gave me a pass for TF2 and I go join a server and select the team I am on and my computer restarts. OMGWTFBBQ gun I need it now!

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #1259 on: November 16, 2008, 12:17:59 PM »
I think my phone's finally croaked. It just turns off randomly now. What the hell.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE