Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 769678 times)

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2007, 05:26:57 PM »
i dunno. consider it a good thing. She's only interested in you, and nobody else. Given the circumstances, she can't make time to have a relationship. And relationships do take a lot of time... Maybe when her life calms down, see "wuts up"

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2007, 05:56:09 PM »
Exactly, if you care that much about her you can wait till her life calms down a bit, just let her know that you're willing to wait things out.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2007, 06:29:14 PM »
My components aren't here yet >:O

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2007, 07:33:00 PM »
My entire family (parents and older sister) is sick, and I'm on the verge of getting it pretty badly. My sore throat has been escalating since Sunday.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2007, 11:23:13 PM »
i dunno. consider it a good thing. She's only interested in you, and nobody else. Given the circumstances, she can't make time to have a relationship. And relationships do take a lot of time... Maybe when her life calms down, see "wuts up"

Sure, but in the last 3 years, every time I've tried to get close to someone, it's always blown up in my face. I don't really want to get my hopes up just yet. I really do like her, but I am (or was) fairly certain I was in the friend zone, at least until we got drunk and, after telling her I liked her, she told me that a few months ago, when I half-jokingly told her I'd probably end up liking her pretty soon, she seriously considered dating me. Now I don't know what to think, and because of that, I've been in a generally pissy mood all week. I hate being this uncertain.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2007, 11:57:16 PM »
^ that's complicated. Hope that all gets worked out soon.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2007, 12:14:30 AM »
I've had my share of being uncertain and such. One of my friends who I nearly ended up dating caused me quite a bit of teenage depression for quite some time. Right up until my current girlfriend. And she's not the only one who I ended up being depressed about (though the second one was me being stupid and not reading the signs).

Long story, I'll try to shorten it a little. The day Rebecca (girl #1) was going to ask me out, after 6 months of friendship, walking home together after school, talking about all sorts of stuff including really philosophical type stuff, I was working myself up to ask her out, considering she would by my second girlfriend, I had quite a lot of nervousness to try to work away, in any case, on that very day she was gonna ask me out, some guy named Eric, a real looser douche who was just trying to get down her pants, asked her out, and she said yes. Of course, that lasted about 2 weeks. I even ended up giving her some advice. I didn't know him well, but the way he was around her, I though he was just trying to get down her pants, and a friend confirmed it. Now, I tried hard to keep friends with her, I had classes with her, and saw her fairly often, though not quite as often as before. A couple months, and boyfriends later, I got an email saying telling me that she had planned on going out with me that day, which of course, made me depressed, considering that she was A) the only person who I just randomly went up to and said hey to, in all of high school; All my other friends I met through other friends, and B) one of the only girls I knew who wasn't from my old school and didn't make fun of me. Now, by this point she was going out with a guy named Ryan, who I didn't like at first, and didn't seem to really like me much, though that may have been my imagination. She ended up dating him for a long time, but he was a terrible influence on her, and she got really into heavy drinking, drugs, and partying. They were engaged for a time, but he was too possessive (understandably, considering she wanted to go to parties he wasn't at, and he didn't really trust her). In any case, she's completely changed now, and even that causes me frustration and pain because I constantly wonder what she would have been like if she hadn't gone out with him, if she'd gone out with me instead of Eric. If that would have made a difference.

Girl #2, Danielle, though I always called her Dan. Amazingly, we met on Lycos Chat. She randomly whispered me asking about where I lived and shit. I didn't really care, but said that my town was a pinprick place about 2 hours north of Toronto. She said go ahead, she may know the place, though I doubted it. I told her anyway, and she said she knew it. Turns out we went to the same school, and such. We began talking about teachers, what we were doing in school, and we RP'd (roleplayed through lycos chat) a lot. Eventually, we ended up meeting, and hanging out in person. This was when I was still really depressed and shit, and at the time, I wasn't looking for a girlfriend. We became good friends, despite her being 2 years older than me. (Which was kinda unusual, all things considered.) Well, after going to a number of movies together, getting rides home from school, and stuff like that, I ended up meeting my current girlfriend. I originally met her online, through a friend, and we talked about anime for a while, argued and such, but became good friends. I ended up asking her out in an email (yes, I'm that bad with girls), and I'm not sure whether I'd even met her in person at the time. Well, at the time, I hadn't realized that Dan was interested in me so much, so she was quite noticeably upset after hearing about it. She refused to talk to me and avidly avoided me for a long time, and it did take a while for me to figure out what she was unhappy about. This led to our friendship being destroyed, because a couple months later, she ended up going off to college. I still feel bad even now for this one because she was such a good friend. I really didn't think something like this would hit her so hard, but I really feel bad. It was especially awkward because I didn't really want to explain why I was depressed at the time to my girlfriend (who still barely knows the story), because it's kinda awkward to say "well, a good friend of mine isn't talking to me because I'm going out with someone other than her."

So yes, I've had my share of depressing problems relating to girls. Both of those still bother me, even now. I will always wonder how things might have turned out if I'd made a different decision. Both girls who liked me are out of my life, and for me, that's a big issue, because other than my girlfriend, and my childhood friend who I don't speak to any more, they were the only girls to actually like me.

This wasn't meant to be a "oh, you think your life sucks" post, but a "I sorta know what you mean" post. I just needed to get this out there, because you guys are about the only people who know the whole story.
All of this took place between early grade 9 (I met Rebecca in September of grade 9) till about April of grade 10.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2007, 01:26:55 AM »
I got over my obvious nervousness (twitching and such) around the subject of dating girls toward the end of last year and I somehow grew some self-esteem over the summer, so I don't think Kate is viewing me the same way as last year.

I don't regret anything of high school so far. Since I overanalyze everything, I went over what could've happened over the past few years, and I'm pretty sure this is the best result. Now that all the depression and such is settled, I know I'm a better person.

Back to the thread's original subject, insomnia is killing me. Like, I can't function because I haven't been able to sleep well all week. I hate it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 01:31:13 AM by Aldrasio »

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Malwyn

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2007, 07:19:47 AM »
The forty-eight year old I was sleeping with left me for a seventeen-year-old because I wouldn't put out emotionally and/or perhaps he was lying about me not being kind of repulsive. He has the stability and emotional grace of a sixteen-year-old, and he's very likely going to die alone.

Insomnia sucks, but lately I've had the LETHARGY. D:
They're kinda the same thing but not. I mean, I wake up at twelve and I'm tired all day. I can't stand up without immense physical and mental effort. So uh... I FEELS UR PAIN, I guess.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2007, 04:24:59 PM »
So yes, I've had my share of depressing problems relating to girls. Both of those still bother me, even now. I will always wonder how things might have turned out if I'd made a different decision. Both girls who liked me are out of my life, and for me, that's a big issue, because other than my girlfriend, and my childhood friend who I don't speak to any more, they were the only girls to actually like me.

Meh, I'm sure most people have regrets about things they didn't/did do in high school relationship wise. I know I do.

The forty-eight year old I was sleeping with left me for a seventeen-year-old because I wouldn't put out emotionally and/or perhaps he was lying about me not being kind of repulsive. He has the stability and emotional grace of a sixteen-year-old, and he's very likely going to die alone.

No offense, but why are you dating some 48 year old? and he sounds like some sort of scum bag by the way you described him.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2007, 09:50:19 PM »
I don't have any relationship regrets just yet. Out of the 3 other girls I ever really liked, 3 of them turned out to be insane.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2007, 10:04:07 PM »
Was it just me, or was everyone else's first real girlfriend an object of slight obsession to them?

Oh my god I have to call her oh my god this detail has to be perfect oh my god I have to pay for her everything oh my god it is my sole responsibility and duty to please her at all times. Yeeeeeah... I'm really cool.

I'm really paranoid about relationship stuff though. Like, with my new girlfriend (who I'm starting to like "a lot", and by "a lot" I mean a lot), whenever she doesn't seem happy I always like to assume that it's my fault or that she's mad at me. But she hasn't really... ever been mad at me before, and she doesn't really have a reason to, and most likely won't.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Malwyn

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2007, 10:43:37 PM »
No offense, but why are you dating some 48 year old?

Sleeping with, not dating. And I have low self esteem in that field. <.<

Basically he's not particularly hideous for a man well over twice my age and he got me a birthday card. I'm a sucker for a man without a torch and pitchfork. :P

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2007, 10:46:13 PM »
Was it just me, or was everyone else's first real girlfriend an object of slight obsession to them?

Lol, well, I was kinda obsessed about the fact that I'd had a crush on her for about 4 years before I asked her out, lmao.
But I'm a pretty practical guy. I'm concerned when my girlfriend is mad, but I don't always assume it's me. I'm not all that romantic, and I'll be the first to admit that I'm not as nice as I could be (I just got her to help pay for a CD I wanted out of her birthday money... And I still haven't payed her back :/ I never have money to buy her anything for all the occasions like birthdays and anniversaries.) But once I get a job, that's gonna change. I am a bit of an impulse buyer, but if it wasn't for that, I'd end up just spending my money on runs to the store for an energy drink and some chocolate bars.
All in all, I could be a better person, but I think it'll come in time. Once I get steady cash, I'll make sure I'm better at handling it, and maybe I'll spend on things that are nice, like sending her flowers once in a while and such. I never have money for that sort of thing, and I'm not overly romantic in the first place, so that would be a huge shocker.

Oh, and on topic to the original point of the thread: I ABSOLUTELY HATE having cravings for coke when there's none in the house. :/
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 01:57:06 AM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Malwyn

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2007, 03:23:27 AM »
You don't believe in 7/11s?