Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 788955 times)

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #105 on: October 06, 2007, 02:40:12 AM »
The best my high school had was pre-calc, and only people who were in AP math since 8th grade could get into it.  Since my school inexplicably dropped me from AP math (scheduling conflict or some bullshit) I wasn't able to take it.
...what?  That's fucking bullshit, on the school's part.  Over here it's the fourth year of standard math (third for people who took algebra in 8th grade).  It's somewhat of a mix between trigonometry and precalculus, from what I hear; I'm going to try and take it my second semester this year, since this albebra ii class seems like less than a semester's worth of review bullshit with barely any progress... with the amount of content we've managed to learn so far in this quarter, I'm sure I could most of it in a few after school sessions.

also they should separate the class levels for classes like this or something, there's a couple of senior jocks in this class that must be retarded or something and it gets frustrating and slows down the class even more, it doesn't help that the teacher treats the class like elementary schoolers anyway i dunno an "AlgeBRA FASF HUR HUR FOR RETARDZ!1" class or something so the people who want to learn don't have to deal with that shit?  i bet classes like this would seriously only take a semester if that happened

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2007, 05:17:15 AM »
you can take calculus at my local high school. before, you needed to take algebra I in eighth grade to take it since the system is as such: (also, eighth is funny looking. eighth? wtf.)

Algebra Ia -->  Algebra Ib  --> Geometry Ia
                          |                  |
                          |-------------'              Personal Finances
                         \|/
Algebra I   --> Geometry --> Algebra II --> Precalculus --> AP Calculus
    |                   /|\                 |
    |                    |                 \|/
Geometry Ia ------'             Statistics -->  AP Statistics

Now, they have more classes due to a new scheduling system, so pretty much anyone can take Calculus or what have you by the end of schooling. a and b are the halves of the subject, 1a is the first half, 1b, the second. Geometry 1b was deprecated [a word you only find in programming] due to not enough students taking it. Also, Personal Finances is a class of it's own.. It's basically a class teaching you how to do your own taxes, manage a budget, manage a small business' finances, and other business business money stuff. There needs to be more classes like that... Also, a "home economics" on steroids should be required.. You wouldn't believe how many Americans there are that don't even know how to cook or do their own fucking laundry. XD

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2007, 08:21:40 AM »
Here's how mine was:

6th grade: Pre-pre-algebra (basically Pre-algebra, which is basically Algebra I)
7th grade: Pre-algebra (basically Algebra I)
8th grade: Algebra I (shitty teacher)
9th grade: Algebra I (again)
10th grade: Geometry (completely useless, I only learned the 3 basic trig functions, which are constantly reenforced in higher math classes, so I should've tested out of this instead of Algebra II)
11th grade: Algebra II (2 credit-by-exams = 1 full credit), Pre-calculus (actual class)
12th grade: BC Calculus

My state requires 7 math or science credits, so because I had 4 math credits and 3 science credits going into this year, I could've just skipped out on having either calculus or physics this year, but that would defeat the purpose of the CBE's I took.

Some of the people who came from a public middle school that didn't enforce conformity like the private one I came from got to take Algebra II their freshman year, which landed them in Calculus this year. Some of them are going to take Statistics next year, even though everyone knows the Stat teacher is a bitch.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #108 on: October 06, 2007, 08:54:58 AM »
deprecated [a word you only find in programming]

And an awesome one at that. I love that word, it could be used more than it is in normal conversations.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 06, 2007, 02:53:07 PM »
I hate math. Also I just woke up feeling sickand slightly hung over.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #110 on: October 06, 2007, 03:00:25 PM »
I know what you mean...

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2007, 08:56:03 PM »
We have up to Calc 2 in our school, but you had to have taken MEGSSS in middle school (which means Algebra 1 in 7th and Geometry in 8th) and the middle school I went to didn't have that >_>

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Malwyn

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2007, 10:38:31 PM »
You wouldn't believe how many Americans there are that don't even know how to cook or do their own fucking laundry. XD

And I read:

You wouldn't believe how many Americans there are that don't even know how to cook their own fucking laundry. XD

...go figure. Also I am a wee bit hungover and woke up sore from when I was falling over a lot last night. All my own fault, so not really complaining.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2007, 02:37:18 AM »
I don't know how to do my own laundry, also too many of my friends are halofags. My one friend (not usually microsofts cock sucker, but someone who sold his xbox 360) basically said he didn't like TF2 because it had "cartoonish violence" and he said halo was awesome. I also hate how video games have become a formula. Nothing in any sequel now a days gets updated enough, they just tweak half of the game and people go nuts over it. Man I fucking hate the video game industry.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2007, 08:16:08 AM »
Which is why I don't bother following it any more. I'm more interested in retro games, and such. And maybe some handheld games, like stuff for the DS, because a number of those games are pretty good.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2007, 10:16:05 AM »
Which is why I don't bother following it any more. I'm more interested in retro games, and such. And maybe some handheld games, like stuff for the DS, because a number of those games are pretty good.

I'm the exact same way. I'd take Terranigma or Megaman X over tons of recent games. I can't even think of that many recent/new games I'd actually want to spend money on in the first place...

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2007, 11:27:33 AM »
Me and some friends got drunk again last night. I found out that Kate doesn't like me like that (which kills me) and that Chad does (which kills him).

I'm an angry sort of depressed right now.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 11:31:06 AM by Aldrasio »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 07, 2007, 02:57:14 PM »

Theirs some good things out, orange box, new god of war, devil may cry and other games. So I wouldn't just forget everything new.

I'm the exact same way. I'd take Terranigma or Megaman X over tons of recent games. I can't even think of that many recent/new games I'd actually want to spend money on in the first place...

Megaman X was the shit. Some of the hardest games I've ever played, they just make games way to damn easy now. I guess that's why a lot of people look for multiplayers games now. 

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #118 on: October 07, 2007, 05:09:21 PM »
X was the perfect megaman game. It was not too hard, and it wasn't too easy. And they didn't do any stupid shit like the new ones that are 3D and hardly a platformer any more.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 07, 2007, 11:20:25 PM »
You guys forgot Guitar Hero 3.