Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 798265 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #2295 on: December 16, 2010, 01:55:47 AM »
In fact, I hate people who live in well policed areas, run into minor trouble with the cops, and then go "man fuck the cops". It's just retarded, there are people out there who actually do nothing and get completely FUCKED by shithead cops who just don't like them.

It's not always that cut and dry.  My dad and I both got tickets in "well policed areas" for doing things that we simply didn't do (interestingly enough, it was the same thing -- going about 20 over in a 25mph zone).  You can't fight that kind of shit, either -- it's your word against theirs.  In the defense of the cop that pulled me over, I was speeding, but I sure as hell wasn't going that fast (that cop literally almost turned a speeding ticket into a reckless endangerment citation with his fucking lies).  I was actually going about 35 in a 25.  My dad was following the speed limit and going 25 and still got ticketed for going 45 because...what the hell?  Why not.

Then there was the time that my dad got pulled over for driving down a side street on his way to work.  That still perplexes me.  Sure, it was early in the morning (my dad is a baker, so he typically goes into work between 1-3AM), but that's a really shoddy reason to pull someone over.  No citations or anything like that, just general idiocy.

Edit: I also had a nice, long talk with an insurance agent tonight and found out that my insurance company royally fucked me twice in a year (I suspected it, but this basically proves it).  First, I found out that them trying to pin a percentage of liability on me for the damage to my '95 Saturn when some inattentive fuckwit backed into me in mid-2009 was unheard of in the insurance world.  Second, I found out that them only offering $1000 for a total instead of the car's appraised value -- $2300 -- is simply illegal.

With the '02 Saturn, they did not allow me to pick a body shop, instead telling me specifically which one to take it to.  I found out that insurance companies can have approved body shops, but they cannot force you to take it to a specific one.  They also charged me for car storage, despite me attempting to call my claim adjuster and ask where I should keep the car (I called early on one day and she didn't return my call until much later...more on this later).  Not a cool thing to do to someone who just got fucked out of a car by an uninsured twat.  Lastly, the body shop said that the damage wasn't extensive and that the insurance company more than likely wouldn't total it.  They totaled it anyway.  According to the agent that I talked to, that almost never happens.

The only reason that they got away with tacking on all of those extra fees is because I was under my parents' policy and my dad seems to lack a spine when it comes to dealing with businesses.  The second I started getting difficult to deal with (a.k.a. asking too many questions to a fraud of a company) the claims adjuster went behind my back and started calling my dad about everything, which he nodded his head to for some reason.  Aside from having to pay the deductible (which I was perfectly fine with) I was stuck paying a ton of extra money on things that the insurance company just tacked on, setting me back around $400-500.  With a $500 deductible, I was basically a grand in the red and didn't have a car.  Lovely.

That's not even the worst issue.  When I was about 6-7 the roof of our house was struck by lightning.  I talked to my mom about the "insurance" company that we were using and she said that when the house was hit, the insurance company tried to get my dad to repair the damage.  What.  The.  Fuck.  If that were me, I'd have let the claim go through, had the roof repaired by professionals, then left that sham of a company.

The moral of the story is, never ever use Grange Insurance if you're in one of the areas that they operate in.  They are a joke of a company and will completely and utterly fuck you if you have to make a claim.  Both of the claim adjusters that I personally dealt with were rude and manipulative.  If you start probing too much they'll try to circumvent you in order to get their way.  You're better off paying more and getting a better service than trying to deal with their bullshit.

As soon as I save up enough for six months of coverage, I'm getting my Saturn (the old one, since you can't have nice things in the Youngstown area without some bitch wrecking it) titled in my name again and switching to a reputable company.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 02:08:19 AM by Spectere »
"This is a machine for making cows."

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: December 16, 2010, 01:46:02 PM »
We have grange Spectere I will tell my folk what they did to you.

K-Mann

« Reply #2297 on: December 21, 2010, 10:02:57 PM »
I just got the e74 message on my xbox.

Heart = broken

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: December 21, 2010, 10:14:29 PM »
Not to be a dick, but you're surprised about that?

K-Mann

« Reply #2299 on: December 21, 2010, 10:48:38 PM »
No, otherwise I would probably have said something along the lines of WHAT THE FUCK. I knew it was coming. I got my 360 in August 2007 and its lasted me more than the 3 years I thought it would. Warranty is void after the 3... and of course it happens now.

I'm more sad than angry. I have the Halo 3 edition box:

Which means that even if I do send it back to Microsoft, and I do pay the $150 they want to fix it after warranty, and I do wait the 2 months to get it fixed, I probably won't get that one back; I'll get a refurbed white one instead.

I guess I'm more upset that this was a special edition... and that there is probably no way of fixing it, which means losing what made it special. The girlfriend says we can use her white arcade, but it just wouldn't be the same. I would rather have my own brand new one.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 10:51:33 PM by K-Mann »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2300 on: December 21, 2010, 11:22:01 PM »
Shit man, that sucks. D:  Sorry to hear about that.

Kulli

« Reply #2301 on: December 21, 2010, 11:24:51 PM »
PS3 1, 360 0

PS I'm sorry for your loss

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2302 on: December 22, 2010, 02:54:58 AM »
PS3 1, 360 0

Yellow Light of Death.

It's definitely not as common as having a 360 die on you, but the PS3 does have a semi-common issue with the system spontaneously dying.  I think the ratio of PS3s that tend to get affected are one in ten (which is still pretty damned high, really), versus one in four 360s.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: December 22, 2010, 02:59:35 AM »
WII WINS AGAIN, QUICK, TO THE WAGGLE MACHINE.

flaffl

• KOREA MEMBER ^_^ FUNNI KEKEKEKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: December 24, 2010, 04:15:15 PM »
WII WINS AGAIN, QUICK, TO THE WAGGLE MACHINE.

NINTENDIUM. IT'S THE STRONGEST MATERIAL ON THE PLANET.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: December 27, 2010, 11:18:55 PM »
I wish my dick was more accurate.

Also my mother saw that I have a single pair of socks that have holes in them, and she decides to give me two different packages of socks to replace them.

Kulli

« Reply #2306 on: December 28, 2010, 12:32:42 AM »
I wish my dick was more accurate.

I have a single pair of socks that have holes in them

More like too accurate

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: December 28, 2010, 04:13:35 AM »
AWWWWWWWWWW SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2308 on: December 30, 2010, 09:48:24 AM »
Was so sick last night :/ When I was laying on the couch with my GF and watching inception, I could barely breathe and i was so weak by the end of the movie I almost couldn't sit up, let alone walk around... The breathing was from laying down, and the weakness was from not making for like, 2 and a half hours, but god was that terrible. I'm feeling a bit better today, but I've still got a lot of body aches and a bit of the chills :/
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: December 30, 2010, 03:13:18 PM »
Shouldn't you go to a doctor?