Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 794659 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #2325 on: February 09, 2011, 04:25:41 AM »
The reckless use of the word "better". It always bothers me when someone claims something is better without specifying how or why. It's just sad how the generic term "this is better" can fly now a days.

Also update, but Facebook in general. The whole "Like" system is borderline ironic, you hardly have to show any genuine interest in something, nor do you need to say anything of merit, you just need to click a goddamn button. That and no one seems to post or say anything that interesting, it just seems like everyone is trying to win some sort of popularity contest by posting and talking about shit other people made.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 06:26:53 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2326 on: February 11, 2011, 12:58:08 AM »
The reckless use of the word "better". It always bothers me when someone claims something is better without specifying how or why. It's just sad how the generic term "this is better" can fly now a days.

Also update, but Facebook in general. The whole "Like" system is borderline ironic, you hardly have to show any genuine interest in something, nor do you need to say anything of merit, you just need to click a goddamn button. That and no one seems to post or say anything that interesting, it just seems like everyone is trying to win some sort of popularity contest by posting and talking about shit other people made.

Man, that basically sums up the entire aspect of "social media"...
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2327 on: February 11, 2011, 02:17:31 AM »

I think they should change "Like" to "Approve."  Really, that term is closer to what people actually use the button for.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #2328 on: February 21, 2011, 08:50:24 PM »
Uganda

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: February 22, 2011, 06:22:17 PM »
My PC copy of Guilty Gear Reloaded has gave me a headache at how terribly fucked up button mapping is. I have written down what each input is SUPPOSED to be, and how I mapped them, and with that info I almost had the controls set up right, but I had two buttons mapped to the wrong spots. So I go back into options, switch them around, and put them back. When I got back to the game EVERYTHING was wrong, and I had somehow mapped Dust attack to a button, and Dust FORWARD to taunt.

How is this even possible.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2330 on: February 22, 2011, 08:04:07 PM »
Weird... I've never had any trouble with input mapping in GG#R

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: February 23, 2011, 12:03:36 AM »
I had a friend send me his save data so I could use Justice and Kliff, and it jumbled everything. I got it sorted out now (my god Justice is easy to use, but she feels really weak) so I'm happy about that.

Also what is the deal with L4D2 players? The majority of the ones playing versus are beyond stupid. This one kid kept asking how to improve his connection for L4D2 and kept doing stupid things as a survivor. I had one asked me if I had a mic (I don't) and he called me a faggot repeatedly and yelled fail. Then for the rest of that game he didn't relay a single piece of useful information over the mic, I even pointed it out in a situation where he was pounced and waiting to be saved. So yeah, if you play L4D2 here let me know, I hate playing with randoms.

flaffl

• KOREA MEMBER ^_^ FUNNI KEKEKEKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: February 23, 2011, 03:35:08 AM »
My roommate snores so fucking loud. He also doesn't do shit about it when I've asked him multiple times to find something from walmart or something to fix the problem. I'm going to choke a bitch.

PS It's come to the point where I bought earplugs. They still don't completely block out the terror.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2333 on: February 23, 2011, 09:30:39 PM »
So yeah, if you play L4D2 here let me know, I hate playing with randoms.

PC, I'm guessing?

I only have the original L4D, not the second.  If enough people here have it and want to play, I'll spring for it.  I'd love to do some 4-player zombie hunting.  The AI is so braindead that playing single-player is practically infeasible and even 2-players can be a chore.

Vinshuka

• View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: February 27, 2011, 11:03:49 AM »
Argh, why can't people write! I'm part of this online course called Understanding Science (not that I don't understand, I need the credit for my degree and it the only science class) and part of the course is a disscussion board where we're forced to talk about a science based radio show each week. Now I have some non-canadians in my class who have english as a second language and I know that their writing will probably be bad so I'll give them that, but so many others don't spell check (the board we use doesn't have spell check so you have to do it yourself) or even read their post before submitting it and it makes them sound so stupid. I cringe everytime I have to reply to someone as a requirement to pass because I have to do it in a way without making them feel stupid even if their question was clearly stated in the radio show and answered.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2335 on: February 27, 2011, 02:35:06 PM »
The best part about that is when people get all defensive and spout shit like, "its teh intrnet u dont ned perfect gramar u fukin nazi lol," when you call them out on stuff like that.

I can see taking shortcuts.  I don't mind it when people simply ignore the shift key.  Hell, I do that all the time when I'm playing online games.  What slays me is when people think that murdering the English language is somehow acceptable, and that people can simply look past it throughout the course of communication.  No.  The purpose of language is to communicate.  What you are doing is not communicating.  Learn to grammar!

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2336 on: February 28, 2011, 07:41:32 PM »
Learn to grammar!

dont you mean lrn2grammar?

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #2337 on: March 01, 2011, 01:26:36 AM »
:(  I'm sorry, man. 
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2338 on: March 01, 2011, 08:07:21 PM »
Sorry to hear that, man. :(

Any chance of reconciliation, or is it definitely over?

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2339 on: March 01, 2011, 09:51:53 PM »
I don't know what the other reasons are, but I wouldn't write it off primarily because of that.  I know it's not the same, but you could always try video/voice chat to keep yourselves connected to one another.  When both of you are in Europe, seeing each other really wouldn't be out of the question if you were both on holiday.  A flight from Germany to Scotland would only take a few hours.

In the long run it's your call, but don't rule anything out yet.  You guys were together for a year and a half and -- given how you said that there was no shitstorm -- broke it off amicably.  I'd try to make it work.