Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 789276 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #2430 on: October 10, 2011, 03:16:32 AM »
I'm just pissed at almost everything. I've yet to hear from any place that I've applied too and no one is hiring. I'm praying I can get a seasonal job, if not I'm going to go fucking insane.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2431 on: October 23, 2011, 11:54:02 AM »
Apple's iOS performance cycle is kind of annoying.

I have an iPod touch 4th gen that's currently running iOS 5.0.  It went from being a silky-smooth device with iOS 4 to lagging a bit.  Scrolling is noticably choppier in most cases, sometimes the SpringBoard performs less-than-adequately.  Sometimes, when I go to unlock the device with the home button, it thinks that I'm double-tapping the button and brings up the iPod controls and camera button.  Nice.  Then I remembered going from iPhone OS 2 to 3 on my old company iPhone 3G.  Same deal: more lag (though iOS 5 at least feels like a more feature-packed update than iPhone OS 3).

So, it looks like Apple supports devices through two updates.  If the iPhone 3G is any indication, iOS 6 is going to make my iPod unusably slow.  Oh well, being able to keep a device updated for 2-3 years really isn't too bad.  It's about what I'd expect.  I still love my little Pod. :p

On another note, my Windows Phone keeps getting faster and smoother.  It was always silky smooth, but now software that used to be laggy (like the official Twitter app...ugh) now runs well, and all apps come back from sleep mode almost instantly now.  I suspect that they've made substantial improvements to the .NET runtimes in the OS.  But, still, it kicks ass that running a phone OS update adds a ton of features to the standard software without affecting how the phone performs while at the same time improving the performance of third-party applications.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2432 on: October 25, 2011, 10:22:01 PM »
I wants a smartphone T.T

Also, i just noticed something weird about how the forum is rendering in my chrome:

If you look at the post writing area, it's really wide, and overflows into the right side of the page... I know chrome can drag multiline text areas larger, but I never touched it, and when I type long lines, it "breaks" SMF and doesn't wrap my text...
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: October 26, 2011, 03:23:11 AM »
yeah, I'm getting that too.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2434 on: October 26, 2011, 12:40:18 PM »
D: SPECTERE BROKE SMF!
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: October 26, 2011, 05:27:37 PM »
Oh no!

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2436 on: October 26, 2011, 05:37:35 PM »
Yeah, that's happening on IE9 as well.  Really weird.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: November 09, 2011, 01:03:42 PM »
Okay, so I'm driving home and I'm in my small community, I look down and see a wasp on my lap, so I reach for the towel on my back seat. During this I forgot that the road curves slightly and I ended up hitting a mailbox, said mailbox was actually a group of them and they smashed my rear view mirror, my passenger side window, and my rear passenger side window.

I just sat there and cursed for a while afterwards.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2438 on: November 09, 2011, 11:26:35 PM »
Shit, sorry to hear that.  That blows. :(

Did it do any major body damage outside of the rear-view mirror (you can pick those up relatively cheaply at a junkyard, as long as you can get them off fairly easily)?  Replacing the glass is far easier than trying to make a smashed door panel look right.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: November 10, 2011, 01:44:07 AM »
I mean it's a side Mirror, so I hope I can find. I'm more worried about the windows, especially the back side (It's an odd window, I KNEW the second I saw them they would be a bitch to replace, so it's time to find out).

Man, I really hope I land that job so I can unfuck my car (it also needs an oil change, new breaks, and a new tire).

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2440 on: November 10, 2011, 06:28:55 PM »
I'm sure you can find it.  It's amazing what kind of gems you can uncover at the junkyard, especially if it's a fairly common model.  What kind of car do you drive?

My car seems to sense when I'm trying to save up for stuff.  The exhaust just broke on it the other day.  My dad busted out the flux welder to mend the pipe (AGAIN; this is the third time that's happened...but at least the pipe wasn't dragging on the ground this time) but I'm going to need to replace the entire system.  Hopefully the catalytic converter can be salvaged.  I also need new tires.  I was riding on a shoddy suspension (as in, the car would bottom out if you pushed down on the rear bumper) for a while and that wrecked my already-bad tires.  I had two good tires on it, but they both got destroyed by potholes, so I'm riding on a couple of junkyard specials in the front.  I just need it to last through winter, until I can afford a decent down payment on another car.  After that, if it still has some life in it, it would be kinda nice to find a racetrack with an open track day and take it for a spin.  That car's cornering abilities still amaze me (1995 Saturn SC2, by the way).

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #2441 on: November 24, 2011, 07:12:20 PM »
However, the keys won't stay unbusted >:[

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: December 06, 2011, 07:26:36 PM »
I can't believe what is going on in this country...everything I wanted to not believe is coming true...I know this belongs to the youtube page but this honestly scares the shit out of me.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

It does make me very very very angry.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: December 07, 2011, 05:09:43 AM »
We do actually have some really terrible laws in place and we've given up a lot of rights in order to stay "safe". I honestly don't like the direction our country is heading, and it seems like a hopeless situation.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: December 08, 2011, 02:37:58 PM »
I can't believe what is going on in this country...everything I wanted to not believe is coming true...I know this belongs to the youtube page but this honestly scares the shit out of me.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

It does make me very very very angry.

I heard there was an addendum that explicitly says that it doesn't apply to citizens, unlike SOPA or PROTECT IP...

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}