Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 788934 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #210 on: November 07, 2007, 11:21:00 PM »
Yet another trademark Spectere Post.

Oh?
* Spectere turns the sarcasm knob up.

So compatibility issues due to different hardware, such as different ASICs, and lenses, as well as disk read issues that seem to plague the newer slimline PS2s don't count as hardware issues?

Read issues?  You mean like the PS2s have always had?  And it's kind of ironic how you're talking about the slim PS2's drive being crap when you have a v4.

I've dealt with many slim and fat PS2s in my day and, well, I've only seen one disc fail to play on a slim PS2.  Thing is, that same disc didn't play on a fat one either, so that point is moot.

And naturally you're going to have some compatibility issues with new hardware.  Given how many game programmers seem to refuse to stick to any sort of documented standard it's amazing more games don't fail between hardware revisions.

Oh, and unifying the CPU and GPU into a combined chip doesn't count as different hardware either?

Hence the reason I said "same-perfomance" rather than "same-chipset."  Try to read more carefully next time, hmm?
"This is a machine for making cows."

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 09, 2007, 01:01:43 AM »
I have 2 fat PS2s and a slim one. I never get any DREs on either (save a copy of disk 1 of FF7, but it was scratched as hell), but my games frequently lock up on the slim one. Maybe it's just a crappy slim PS2, since it's the only one I've ever played, so I don't know.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 01:05:47 AM by Aldrasio »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 09, 2007, 01:10:56 AM »
My PS2 is starting to fail on me (it's old, not sure how old tho). It froze on god of war 2, I couldn't get god of war to work, then today I got to "disc read error" on god hand, CONSPIRACY??

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 09, 2007, 01:18:58 AM »
Obviously your PS2 is an devout atheist.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #214 on: November 09, 2007, 08:37:31 AM »
Obviously your PS2 is an devout atheist.

Apologies for the overused macro, but I'm sure we can all agree that it had to be used right there. ;P
"This is a machine for making cows."

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 09, 2007, 01:56:41 PM »
I almost included that in my post, but I figured someone else could take care of it.

EDIT: I hate it when people ask why I don't like a certain song or find something annoying.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 08:12:17 PM by Aldrasio »

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #216 on: November 10, 2007, 02:09:27 PM »
Why? I like to know when someone doesn't happen to like something that I do. My girlfriend doesn't like Iced Earth's music, for example. She understands and sort of appreciates the music itself, but for some reason Matt Barlow's voice just doesn't work for her. I can't understand how she can not like his voice, but either way, I at least understand why she doesn't like something.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 10, 2007, 03:31:42 PM »
I let them know that I don't like a song, but I generally don't have a fundamental reason other than that the song doesn't fit my taste (which, to me, is synonymous with "I don't like that song.")

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #218 on: November 10, 2007, 11:00:09 PM »
*shakes head* I can usually point out what parts of the song bother me...

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 10, 2007, 11:43:49 PM »
So I recently got my hands on ex-friend (and girl who dumped me 6 months ago)'s email account.

Apparently, when me, her, and the guy she went with were all on the couch watching a movie on May 1 (judging by the date of the email), she used her feet to jack him off under a blanket while I was literally less than an inch from her. She then waited 3 weeks to tell me that she was going with him.

I'm over liking her, but I'm not yet over this new information. She manipulated me. She led me on because she was too much of a coward to tell me the truth.

Granted, I didn't stop being friends with her after she rejected me. I stopped being friends with her when I realized that she has absolutely no ambition, she uses depression to get attention, she always whines about something, she's "somehow sick" all the time, and she is needier than I thought possible. Additionally, she's really manipulative. She pretends to be this nice, caring, fun person to harness guys in and then dumps all of her "problems" on them once she has them. I was indifferent of her until about an hour ago. Now I seriously think I hate her.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 12:30:41 AM by Aldrasio »

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #220 on: November 11, 2007, 01:12:00 AM »
I don't blame you. I know someone who is a total manipulative bitch too. She uses depression and stuff as a way to get attention. She has TERRIBLE choice in men, and is pretty much just in it for the sex. She's a total bitch to one of my friends for apparently no reason. They went out, had sex, and she dumped him for someone else about a week after that, and started coming to the lunch table just to harass him. She always claims her current partner's dick is the biggest she's seen, and all that, and starts insulting her ex's size, and all sorts of retarded shit. On top of it all she's a fucking idiot. Since she's on birth control, she doesn't think she should make him use a condom, and yet she doesn't know shit about birth control. (She recently had a period and asked my GF what was going on because she thought that you automatically didn't get a period at all when you're on birth control.)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #221 on: November 11, 2007, 01:06:03 PM »
The fact that I ordered a Pineapple Dream instead of going with a Razzdango last night. Razzdangos are tried and truly awesome, so why did I try something new? It wasn't nearly as good :(

PS woo Denny's

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 11, 2007, 01:51:38 PM »
Apparently, when me, her, and the guy she went with were all on the couch watching a movie on May 1 (judging by the date of the email), she used her feet to jack him off under a blanket while I was literally less than an inch from her. She then waited 3 weeks to tell me that she was going with him.

Ummm wow, yeah I'd be pretty pissed about that, you should have cracked her in the jaw or something. Also at boobies, do you hang out with that girl? You should just call her fat until she leaves you alone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #223 on: November 11, 2007, 02:33:32 PM »
No, I don't hang out with her. I don't see her any more because I'm not in school, luckily. However, my GF, and other people still have to deal with her.

They don't bother saying shit to her face because they don't want to deal with her being more of a bitch to them, but everyone talks behind her back. A friend of mine saw a bed in the school for something (I forget why it was there), and said "Looks like she's bringing her work to school" when he saw it, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #224 on: November 12, 2007, 12:06:35 AM »
The fact that my copies of HL2: Episode 2, TF2 and Portal all don't work on my computer.

Stupid DirectX bug.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE