Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 788692 times)

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #255 on: November 26, 2007, 02:58:01 AM »

Ugh. I hate these. I'm referring to the comments as well as the video.

Quote from: derkzukenval
Slow motion is rediculous. Drop a pencil on earth. Does it go in slow motion because it's lighter than you? Do cats on earth walk that way? They have 1/6 the grvity pulling on them as a human. Looks like the moon has an almost liquid atmosphere...LOL!
Quote from: Aldrasio
You're an idiot. The moon's acceleration due to gravity is 1/6 of the acceleration on Earth. That's what a gravitational field is.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 03:05:24 AM by Aldrasio »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #256 on: November 26, 2007, 06:13:19 AM »
Quote from: Bobbias
Cats have exactly the same GRAVITY pulling on them, they simply have less MASS. Go back to grade 8 science moron.

Lol.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #257 on: November 26, 2007, 11:39:47 AM »
Quote from: Bobbias
Cats have exactly the same GRAVITY pulling on them, they simply have less MASS. Go back to grade 8 science moron.

Haha, well played. XD

It does my heart good to know that I'm considerably smarter than a majority of the people on the Internet.  Y'know, speaking of that, I kinda wonder what the average IQ for a s.netter is.  We're all pretty brainy, I'd say.

Ouch, that sucks. I honestly don't get why companies do that shit? I mean, the price drop would be essentially null, but now they're also pissing off everyone who wants to play PIU. In a niche market like dance pads, pissing off a group of people like the PIU fans is definitely going to have an effect on sales and the overall reception that they get.

Oh yeah, I know.  Not to mention that they falsely advertise that their control boxes support 11 buttons when in reality they only support 10.  It's complete bullshit.

You don't need to understand a single bit of economics to realize that pissing off a portion of the group of people who will buy your stuff is likely to lead to quite a hefty loss of profit, when compared to the couple cents worth of materials they are potentially saving by doing that.

See, I don't even see how they're saving anything by doing that.  It's a matter of connecting one pin to a board.  The port that I'm using is basically like an Xbox controller, so they could have very easily assigned it to, say, the white or black button.  I'll have to see how they have the thing wired up -- maybe there's an extra spot on the board that I can connect it to.  I kind of doubt it, though.

So basically, if you own a CF, you have two choices: use a shitty control box that's known to commit suicide but gives you access to all of the buttons, or use their "better" control box and be happy playing four-panel dance for the rest of your pitiful days (I guess you could play 8-panel mode in PyDance, but PyDance is a piece of shit).
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #258 on: November 26, 2007, 05:55:42 PM »
You forgot Build your own in hopes that it will be better than both official ones.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #259 on: November 26, 2007, 07:54:57 PM »
I figured that was a given. :P

If I do go that route I'm just going to see if I can find enough parts to let me build my own USB HID device...I think Imma do some Googling about that.  Really, that would be far better than tearing apart some other random controller and hoping that it all works right.

Hmm...I wonder if something like that is available.  I hope so.  Hell, I'll be content if I can slap a bunch of wires together on a breadboard and have it work; it'd be a lot easier than stuffing everything in a box. :D

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #260 on: November 26, 2007, 08:47:32 PM »
Haha, well played. XD

It does my heart good to know that I'm considerably smarter than a majority of the people on the Internet.  Y'know, speaking of that, I kinda wonder what the average IQ for a s.netter is.  We're all pretty brainy, I'd say.

Yeah, this site has the benefit of none of its members being retarded, with the added bonus of us even being pretty darn smart. It's quite nice.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 26, 2007, 08:56:42 PM »
hay guiz wats goin on her.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #262 on: November 26, 2007, 09:09:09 PM »

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #263 on: November 27, 2007, 12:00:52 AM »
I figured that was a given. :P

If I do go that route I'm just going to see if I can find enough parts to let me build my own USB HID device...I think Imma do some Googling about that.  Really, that would be far better than tearing apart some other random controller and hoping that it all works right.

Hmm...I wonder if something like that is available.  I hope so.  Hell, I'll be content if I can slap a bunch of wires together on a breadboard and have it work; it'd be a lot easier than stuffing everything in a box. :D

Cool, if you find any good info about USB HIDs or other nifty electronics tutorials, send them my way. I'd love to read a but more on this stuff. I've actually come close to cannibalizing a controller to make my own serial or parallel interface for my pad to play stepmania, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #264 on: November 27, 2007, 11:17:08 AM »
Yeah, I intend to.  If I find anything out and get something started I'll probably document my adventures in the Creation Station or something, haha.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #265 on: November 27, 2007, 11:52:30 AM »
If you cannibalize something, it should be an extension cord (the only problem is getting those things open to figure out the wire -> pin layout, but all you need for that is an electrical current tester).  Cannibalizing a controller is more expensive on your part, and makes the controller less versatile if you get it right (now you can only use it on a computer, Lollermaster, what if you want to use it on your PSX or NES again, huh, WHAT THEN).  Also sometime I planned on doing this CORRECTLY with an NES extension cord, and also making something to allow me to use two light zappers simultaniously (haha, little ducks, how do you like my TWIN DUCKIE-SHOOTING SHOTGUNS HA HA HA HA!).

Also when you actually make the cord it comes between using shitty, computer-crashing software that's outdated and barely works anymore (refering to any program that has ever said that it supports home-made controller converters), and programming your own software (which would probably require designing your own pin layout and would be a major pain in the ass, likely).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 11:56:12 AM by Kuroneko »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #266 on: November 27, 2007, 03:03:36 PM »
Thing is, it's not about just needing a cord, it's about needing an controller board.  If PSX, Xbox, and USB devices worked on a simple pin->button system like the old PC gameports (don't bother suggesting that -- I could probably get that to work without much effort but my laptop doesn't have that kind of port) it would be easy peasy to wire it in, but they don't -- they encode a signal and send it out over a couple of pins.  In the case of USB and Xbox controllers, they also have a chip identifying what kind of USB device it is, etc.

Long story short, in order to make a control box for a metal dance pad, you have to cannibalize a controller of some kind.  Some converters don't require more than an extension cable (PSX and SNES are two examples) but that's a totally different thing.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #267 on: November 27, 2007, 07:44:16 PM »
That blows :(

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #268 on: November 27, 2007, 09:49:04 PM »
Being forced to give people you don't like a ride home. Yech.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 27, 2007, 10:16:41 PM »
Just driving threw Stuart, traffic is horrible and the roads are all weird.