Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 770673 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #270 on: November 27, 2007, 11:37:58 PM »
Yeah, see, if I do make my own PS2-PC converter, I'll be leaving the control box alone for my soft pad, and simply be creating a way to connect the PS2 controller pins to the computer, and I will likely be making my own driver for it too, unless I can find something that actually works properly. I'm still also not sure whether I should use a parallel port or a serial port if I try, since it would work on either one. I also might make it so that both my PS2 controllers and my SNES controllers will work.

I guess I have things easier than Spec does here :P
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 27, 2007, 11:54:39 PM »
I just tried the copy of Shadow Hearts I bought yesterday.

At the first battle scene, no sprites showed up. It was just the background and battle music. I tried wiping off the disk, but no luck.

It's a good thing I kept the receipt, and that Gamestop had better refund me tomorrow.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Fractilion

• Amped
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 28, 2007, 02:49:35 AM »
friends who tell you that something you're doing is a waste of time.

I even like to dream when asleep, and to try and recall my dreams: it assures me that I haven't wasted seven or eight hours just lying there.
   -Schrodinger's Cat

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 28, 2007, 03:33:09 PM »
People thinking the Wii somehow killed "hardcore gaming".

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #274 on: November 28, 2007, 11:44:23 PM »
My mom being deaf.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Fractilion

• Amped
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 29, 2007, 04:21:06 AM »
I actually really like deaf people. However, if it's your mom..yeah.

I even like to dream when asleep, and to try and recall my dreams: it assures me that I haven't wasted seven or eight hours just lying there.
   -Schrodinger's Cat

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 29, 2007, 05:21:26 PM »
People thinking the Wii somehow killed "hardcore gaming".

Haha wait what?

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 29, 2007, 09:27:44 PM »
Haha wait what?

I know it sounds retarded, but because Nintendo Wii is targeted at casual gamerzzz and it's succesfull people  think it has killed "hardcore gamenn". Even tho PS/2 did sort of the same thing.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 29, 2007, 09:50:01 PM »
Guy in my English class: "So who do you want to win tonight, Packers or Cowboys?"
Me: "I don't really care for football."
Guy: "Then what sports do you like?"
Me: "I'm not really interested in sports."
Guy: "Why?"
Me: "I don't need a reason to not like something."
Guy: "Yes you do."

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #279 on: November 30, 2007, 03:19:33 AM »
Anyone who's a real hardcore gamer doesn't care about PS2/Wii/Xbox anyway, all the TRUE hardcore gamers are playing their SNES, Genesis, NeoGeo and other assorted consoles :P (Anyone ever play on an old Texas Instruments game console? That is an obscure game system :P I've only ever heard anything about it because my grandmother had one in her basement. Sadly, that's gone too.)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #280 on: November 30, 2007, 05:09:14 AM »
I disagree; I think that true hardcore gamers simply love games.

On that note, anyone who dismisses an old game simply because its graphics aren't up to 2008's standards shouldn't even call themselves a gamer.
"This is a machine for making cows."

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 30, 2007, 06:50:04 AM »
Hah, agreed with Spectere. To be a gamer is to like games. Not necessarily liking everything you've ever played, but being able to see past graphics or system. I used to play Mendel Palace a lot, and it's one of my favourites to date. (Click to play on nintendo8.com). The basic premise is, your character is on a set of tiles you flip to A, find power-ups/stars, and B, smash things into walls. Great fun. :)

To get back on topic, I get really pissed off at people who curse for its own reason. They haven't picked up on this, but curse words are much more effective if the person using them doesn't use them all the time, and most of them think they're "fuckin' hXe and shit" 'cos of it. Guess what, no, replacing every "um" normal people say with "fuckin'..." doesn't make you cool. It makes you sound stupid and it diminishes the words' effectiveness.

Allow me to demonstrate my point. FUCK YOU.

Now, imagine someone who curses every other sentence doing the same thing.

Point taken?

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #282 on: November 30, 2007, 07:26:02 AM »
I was joking in that post.. I know full well that there are some excellent games out recently. There are still the trash games, but the SNES had those too.

On that note, anyone who dismisses an old game simply because its graphics aren't up to 2008's standards shouldn't even call themselves a gamer.

That is the whole point of my post, lol. Oldschool games can still be as fun, or more fun that new games. Think about Tetris. It is one of the simplest games ever made, and yet, it's still quite popular. Graphically, there's almost nothing you can do to make it all that good, really, you can only make the blocks look so good. Tetris is the perfect example of why graphics shouldn't matter. Because whether you're playing it on the NES, or on some newfangled uber-system, it's still Tetris, and it's still as addictive and fun as always. (Unless they messed up the program flow order and made it react stupidly. There are a lot of small things gameplay wise that you can mess up in Tetris, lol)

Oh, and I hate people who are offended when I say shit or fuck in the middle of a sentence. I understand if I was insulting someone, that they should be offended (because that was the point of saying it), but in normal speech, regardless of whether it's eloquent or not, shouldn't offend people. I can understand Mark's point about effectiveness and such, but when I swear casually, it's A) out of habit, and B) because even if their meaning is somewhat diminished, they bring to attention whatever you're talking about.

If I say something is fucking big, that means a bit more than if I said it was very big, or even huge. It shows that I'm somewhat beyond words in how to describe it, so I resort to modifying the meaning with fuck. If I can someone a fucking retard, it's relatively more insulting than calling them a retard.

I say this because I understand the other side, where people think cursing shouldn't be in regular speech and such, yet I curse in my own speech out of habit.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 30, 2007, 04:36:36 PM »

Meaning 85% of people who play games. Seriously, I was playing Cave Story, and one of the guys on my floor comes in and is like "wtf is this shit, mario? This game sucks". Idiots :<

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 30, 2007, 09:51:40 PM »
Point taken?

Yeah, it really dose get annoying when a rapper says the same curse word then makes songs about getting stoned or drunk. That's why I hate the Kotton mouth kings with a passion, everyone of their songs is "WE SMOKE WEED AND OCAISIONALY GET LAID LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"

I disagree; I think that true hardcore gamers simply love games.

That would only make sense. Yet somehow people disagree if you like a few "casual" games (sports games, racing, etc).

Meaning 85% of people who play games. Seriously, I was playing Cave Story, and one of the guys on my floor comes in and is like "wtf is this shit, mario? This game sucks". Idiots :<

I would have just screamed nigger in that case.