Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 770286 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #495 on: January 26, 2008, 01:50:24 AM »
Maaaaan, pounding headache.  I had a metering test today and had a bunch of things happen.  The box I was plugging everything into was being...weird, so I had to reset it like three times.  Then I got zapped again (woo!), right ring finger this time.  It didn't feel quite as weird afterwards this time, maybe because it was only a very brief contact on the most extreme, uh, extremity, but caused my hand to twitch for a few minutes afterwards, which made it a little difficult to work on anything precise.  I barely made the time limit (I was literally finishing as he said "ZOMG TIEMZ UP") as a result of stuff like that.

Then I had to go and do something stupid to get docked 5 points.  SAD FAEC.  I really wanted that 100%. =(

So yeah, headache.
"This is a machine for making cows."

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #496 on: January 27, 2008, 12:50:12 AM »
That sucks about the headache, and partial electocution :x

Also, I really don't want to go to work tomorrow. Argh. And I'll be sad if my girlfriend doesn't wake up in time for us to go to the flea market.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 27, 2008, 07:31:44 PM »
That's odd spec, they test you on an actual meter? Also I haet the css community now. Some servers are cool, but most boil down to idiots thinking they are top notch shit and that there somehow 10 year CAL professionals. Some guy had an M4, so me and a team mate rushed him and he sprays his clip empty and hit both of us in the head, then when he was reloading he died from my 3rd teammate rushing mid. So I reply "wow what luck" then he freaked out and type 4 lines of "how?" "how was that luck?" "Prove it", to which I explained that he sprayed us down and got 2 lucky head shots. Then he just said lol no, and pointed out that his score was better then mine (we where both top 2 on our teams, his kill death ratio was just much better). So I said "I'd might be positive, if my team wasn't running in circles trying to fuck it's own ass". Then he said "you're team has nothing to do with it" (funny how every one on his team was positive and everyone on mine was negative). So I just laughed at the fact that he said his teams performance has nothing to do with his, then he left the server.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #498 on: January 28, 2008, 12:44:33 AM »
Midnight Club 2 is THE WORST racing game I've played in my entire life.  Holy god.

That's odd spec, they test you on an actual meter?

No, they test us on how well we can meter TV sets and devices.  Translated to non-Nielsenese, they make sure that we can install their equipment on devices properly.

dinnerroll

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 28, 2008, 01:36:27 AM »
Midnight Club 2 is THE WORST racing game I've played in my entire life.  Holy god.

Play Burnout Paradise. Your eyes will bleed tears of unbridled joy and jubilation.

Quote from: Sharde
They kept pushing me around, and pushing soup and cheese on me, and laughing at me while I was freaking out.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #500 on: January 28, 2008, 10:06:58 PM »

You're forgetting that Street Luge game at Gameworks. The hell was that game called? I don't remember, but it was lulzily awful.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 29, 2008, 12:22:42 AM »
I have these little white sores all over my tongue. Whenever I move my tongue the least bit it hurts like fuck, and fuck is a very strong word.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 29, 2008, 12:31:38 AM »

I'm pretty sure my friend is obsessed by Midnight club 2 dub edition, also completely obsesed with Halo 3, and back in the day he would play Mega man legends 1 and 2, the first Rayman, and Red Alert 2. so I guess his taste in games got more and more mainstream/crappy when he moved away from me.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 12:37:07 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #503 on: January 29, 2008, 02:46:47 AM »
Play Burnout Paradise. Your eyes will bleed tears of unbridled joy and jubilation.

I was turned off when I realized that the demo was literally identical to that of Burnout 3. :/

You're forgetting that Street Luge game at Gameworks. The hell was that game called? I don't remember, but it was lulzily awful.

Yeah, but at least that game was hilariously bad (it had the B-movie appeal).  Midnight Club 2 is just bad bad.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #504 on: January 29, 2008, 10:36:58 AM »
Yeah, the keyword there being lulzily..
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #505 on: February 01, 2008, 05:52:31 AM »
DJ Max Portable 2 is a perfect example of Korean dick-wagging.

Every key chart above 11s and 12s are pretty much guaranteed to be complete fucking garbage.  I could probably make a better chart by slamming my head against my keyboard repeatedly; no joke.  They managed to make even 4-key mode unfun with the higher difficulty charts.  They use patterns that are just flat-out awkward to hit on the PSP or, for that matter, use combinations like up-left and up-right, which are annoying to hit quickly with the PSP's flawed d-pad.  They use combinations that don't make ANY sense given the platform, like circle, square, right, left, with annoying regularity.  Generally, however, they just make the charts incredibly lame mash-fests.

Now note that this doesn't imply that the game is bad.  No, most of the 10s and under are wicked fun!  Seriously, this has to be one of the better PSP games in existence.  The harder charts are just like Pump's.  They have absolutely no value to them other than to exclaim "HAHA IM HARDER THEN JAP GAEM LOL."  It's fucking lame.

Another thing that pisses me off is that they lock 8-key mode up tight.  DJMP has a fairly fun 8-button mode, where the shoulder buttons are used in addition to the upper face buttons.  There are two major problems.  For one, you completely lose the ability to change the speed mod in mid-song (even in the pause menu, for some stupid reason).  Secondly, and most horribly of all, in DJMP2 there is no obvious way to unlock 8-key mode in anything but hard mode.  I know it's possible to play it in normal mode, but nobody seems to know how to unlock it.  This kind of boggles the mind, really.  Think about it; you have a mode that takes a ton of practice to be able to read and it's only available on the hardest mode of play.  Makes no fucking sense.

You're probably thinking, "so?" at this point.  I can totally understand this if you've never seen DJMP2 on hard mode.  I didn't think it would be that bad, either, until I actually tried it.  Hard mode is probably the second best example of dick-wagging present in this game.  The timing feels tighter than IIDX.  Yes, that's right.  It's harder for me to get a 100% on a note than it is to get a just great in any IIDX game.  It might not be so much that it's tighter, but that the songs aren't as well synced as they are in IIDX...not even close.  In addition to this, getting a single miss takes something like a quarter of your lifebar away.  I used items to increase the amount of life I have and it still takes about a sixth of it away WITH EVERY MISS.  Is that enough?!  Holy shit.  And I'm supposed to learn how to play a new game mode like that?  Fuck that.

It's rare that companies manage to do so much wrong to a game that does so much right.  If they would have pulled their heads out of their asses they would have had a game that completely blew away its predecessor.  Instead, you get a game with a better song selection (in my opinion, obviously), better lower-level keycharts, a crippled 8-key system, a hard mode that shouldn't exist, and hard charts that nobody in their right mind would make.  Wow.

To elaborate on the "Korean dick-wagging" remark, this sort of thing reminds me of the more difficult PIU charts.  Some of them are, quite literally, impossible, and the only reason they are in there is to say "LOL OUR GAEM IS HRDIST."  Yeah.  That's going to make me want to play.  Give me something fun to play, not something I couldn't even bring myself to look at.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #506 on: February 02, 2008, 04:01:13 PM »
Well, I haven't played the portable version, but I'm not a fan of the style of gameplay they use. With those MX (IIRC) and such charts where if you hit the wrong key along with the right ones, you still get docked and such. I just felt like the timing was tricky, and that the game felt "fat" on the screen. IIDX, by comparison, feels very thin and small, and DDR is kinda in between (though the feeling fluctuates in DDR/stepmania depending on the chart, for some reason). It just feels really awkward, especially since I'm so used to the way O2Jam looks. And some DJMAX charts are ridiculous, especially on that MX or whatever mode.

I haven't played any of those crazy charts in pump, but I get what you mean. I still find pump more fun than DDR on the machine though. The X parrern feels more natural to me.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #507 on: February 02, 2008, 05:15:12 PM »
You don't get nailed for mashing in the PSP version, but they make up for it with the aforementioned awkward patterns.

Oh, when I was referring to bad PIU charts I was more referring to some of the Nightmare Anothers.  Crazy mode is nothing compared to that. :P

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #508 on: February 02, 2008, 05:43:42 PM »
Lol, yeah, there's that, then there's also the joke songs that are meant to be retarded.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #509 on: February 06, 2008, 09:53:34 PM »
Grr... my instructors in Indoor Percussion, mainly the director of it, Jeremy. He's really egotistical. Don't get me wrong, he knows what he's doing- he's a great instructor- but me and him clash on just about EVERYTHING, and I always get blamed or yelled at, even though a lot of times it's just a ridiculous misunderstanding. It's reeeeeally annoying. Doesn't make it any better when my friends either make fun of my "relationship" with Jeremy, or Jeremy preaches to the entire group about respecting him and the other instructors while making it perfectly clear he's directing his message to me.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE