Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 769774 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #510 on: February 06, 2008, 10:15:57 PM »
My Wednesday classes. I like the fact that It saves me gas to drive from my first campus to my secound, but the fact that I have night classes then morning classes is annoying. Also the 4 or so hour wait for my night class to start is annoying.

FUCKING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

People who don't really get DMC4.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/2/07/metareview-devil-may-cry-4-xbox-360-ps3/#comments
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 09:14:58 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #511 on: February 08, 2008, 12:47:58 AM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/07/thq-announces-band-mashups-wii-exclusive-rhythm-game-for-april/

150 songs.. Actually, only 30 licensed songs in 5 different styles.... Way to make a potential game a complete failure.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 08, 2008, 01:56:30 AM »
That sounds like the worst idea in the universe. : |

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #513 on: February 08, 2008, 10:45:57 AM »
This project I'm supposed to be doing right now. It's pretty lame. We have to create a lifestyle where we try to live off of minimum wage for 6 months. I'm Slade Jefferson, an ex-CIA agent trying to forklift terrorism.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 08, 2008, 05:09:56 PM »
Hahaha, sounds awesome, in the worst way possible.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 10, 2008, 06:58:43 PM »
I hate when people get pissed at me for agreeing with them. Of course, it goes sort of like this:

Person: "God I feel stupid."
Me: "Yeah, you should."
Person: "Oh, fuck you."

So I hate it when people make statements about themselves solely because they expect someone around them to disagree.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #516 on: February 10, 2008, 09:25:16 PM »
So I hate it when people make statements about themselves solely because they expect someone around them to disagree.

I can't stand that either, it irks me.

Also, I have some weird bug bite on the arch of my foot, and it makes my foot feel really weird when I stand or put it flat on the floor. It incites rancor in me.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #517 on: February 10, 2008, 11:11:21 PM »
I to am bothered by people who make statements about themselves expecting disagreement, while iliciting agreement on my part due to the truth of their statement.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #518 on: February 11, 2008, 01:51:33 AM »
Analog cable can lick my nuts.

After being used to using digital cable for so long using an STB with a wonderful menu, having to use the TV Guide lineup to get channel lineups sucks ass.  What's worse is waiting five minutes for the listing to scroll through the channels, switching to the channel, and finding out that it's an episode of CSI:CI that I've already seen.  Grr.

I love pressing the Guide button, paging through the list, pressing the Info button, and seeing exactly what episode is playing.

MFWOIPAMVPOFmgoramopma only three weeks until I go back to my parent's house with their awesome TV and DVR...
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #519 on: February 11, 2008, 03:10:35 AM »
Yeah, I have satellite and whenever I go to my GF's place, I hate having to sit and watch the guide for 5 minutes trying to find something good.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #520 on: February 11, 2008, 05:47:41 AM »
Yeah, totally.  Not to mention that I have the ability to record and time-shift shows so that I'm not stuck on a strict TV schedule (i.e. absolutely having to watch Family Guy at xx:xx AM, CSI:NY at xx:xx AM, etc).  Also, House looks soooo much better in HD.

Apparently my dad wound up going all-out while I was away.  My parents moved the living room into the next room over and my dad put a bunch of audio gear in that room.  I can't wait to be able to watch the Matrix with 5.1 surround sound. :3

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #521 on: February 11, 2008, 06:48:32 AM »
You know what REALLY pisses me off? when I post a long rant someplace and the only responses I get are insulting or making fun of me.

Does nobody understand how to fucking read a post and actually think about what I'm saying?

I recently made a series of posts on a undisclosed forum talking about poor typing on the internet. I went out of my way to make it clear that I was not making any personal attacks, and yet what do I get in response? Insults.

Am I the only person on the fucking internet who understands the TRUE form of argument, informal logic, and logical statements? Seriously.

My post talked about how through the internet, written communication is pretty much the only communication that anyone engages in, and yet, so many people don't care about how they type. Nobody goes through that extra bit of effort to capitalize, and to spell check. Nobody seems to understand that the better your typing is, the more people will want to respect you. What would you think if a judge started talking like a teenager, and swearing every second word and all that? I doubt you'd have the same sort of respect, judge or not, that you would have for him if he talked the way a judge is supposed to talk. Similarly, the internet is perverting the English language, and nobody is stopping it. English is doing nothing, if not devolving back into the state it was in around the 1200's, where nobody seemed to know how to spell anything correctly.

I try to explain myself in a non-threatening way that is simply asking people to stop being lazy and make that small effort to capitalize, and use the spell checker, and yet every single response I get is an insult. Could these people be any more immature about this? Honestly, I hope to fucking god that there are more intelligent people than my experience of the internet has shown me, because if the whole world is the way the internet seems to me, then we are in big fucking trouble, because intelligence seems to be going right down the drain.

FUCK I HATE IDIOTS

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #522 on: February 11, 2008, 07:56:20 AM »
Damn, I don't think it would be possible for gcc (and glibc) to take any longer to build.  Argh.  Seriously, if this toolchain that I'm building isn't perfect I'm going to flip the fuck out.

I really need to set up a LiveUSB/LiveCD environment so I can use distcc on my work laptop.

You know what REALLY pisses me off? when I post a long rant someplace and the only responses I get are insulting or making fun of me.

d00d only like total morons make long posts on teh internet U MORON

That said, I completely understand what you're saying.  The act of adding two extra letters and saying "you" rather than "u" (or "are" vs. "r") are enough to make me take a post more seriously.  I made a whole rant about this in my LJ.  It was more directed toward game reviews (see: user reviews on GameSpot) but it covered many of the same points.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #523 on: February 11, 2008, 09:25:36 AM »
My post here was an EXTREMELY boiled down version of what I posted on the unnamed site, however, I managed to sum up a couple of my points pretty well there.

As far as I see it, this lack of respect for the English language and willful ignorance is everything I stand against. I believe in continuous learning, continuous improvement. The only way for society to evolve is for the individuals who make up society to evolve, to learn, and to improve themselves. By willfully ignoring the conventions of written communication in English as agreed upon by society, these people are in effect lowering the literacy rate of a large portion of society, and effectively devolving society. They are working directly against the evolution of society and the improvement of literacy rates, as well as overall intelligence and knowledge. This is a plague, as far as I see it, and a plague that must be stopped. The only way that the internet will improve is people like us banding together and making this known to others. I believe that it is necessary to attack this problem, not simply passively resist by not caving in and using the short forms, but by actively campaigning towards a more literate internet.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #524 on: February 11, 2008, 09:28:39 AM »
You obviously were too verbose.  Try this next time, maybe they'll be able to understand it:

EVERY TIME I READ YOUR POSTS A LITTLE PART OF ME DIES.  LEARN TO FUCKING TYPE, LEARN TO FUCKING SPELL, AND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, STOP ABBREVIATING TWO LETTER WORDS.  YOU ARE ALL SHITHEADS AND I HATE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU.