Author Topic: Working on a remix  (Read 4556 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Working on a remix
« on: April 13, 2010, 08:30:34 PM »
So I decided to dust off Fruityloops and see if I could put something half decent together.

I chose Children, by Robert Miles, for the track to remix. Right now, I've got the piano melody down, and some simple drums, bass and a lot of effects work on everything. Of course, I don't even know what I want to do with it yet, so it's all pretty simple. I may post a WIP sometime soon and I feel like mixing it down.

EDIT: Posted Here because it's easy, and lets you guys stream it if you want.

There's one section of the melody that I think my timing is off with, but I can't quite figure out. It's the section at 21 second. It feels rushed to me, but because it feels so close to the real timing, I'm not sure how much I need to change it.

Also, if anyone else here uses FL studio, I'd love to work on a collaboration with someone. I'm terrible at writing melodies, but I know my way around audio production rather well, since that's ultimately what I'd love to do with my life, and I can make some pretty interesting drum beats, and such.

Also, the melody order is gonna change, as well. Like I said, this is a very early production. For all I know I could decide to make it an Electro remix, or even a Drum and Bass remix right now. This is mostly just getting the melody, timing, and some effects down. I really like how the piano sounds right now.

EDIT: Also, I realized this is in the wrong section, lol.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 05:16:48 PM by Bobbias »
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
Re: Working on a remix
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 03:17:45 PM »
:21 sounds good to me, you got the melody down pat, and the bass/drums go along just fine for this portion. I'm not sure if you want to keep it like a slow-ballad, or speed it up and turn it into a different genre (speedcore mix, dubstep mix etc), or just keep layering different melodies and harmonies on top of that. or just work on harmonizing with the main riff then build on top of that
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
Re: Working on a remix
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 04:56:51 PM »
Make a remix of THIS!
Even without a remix, it sounds so cool, but remixed would be an epic effin song.

&fmt=18