Author Topic: Comptuer problums  (Read 4346 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Comptuer problums
« on: June 04, 2010, 09:33:58 PM »
Alright then, since I'm running out of ideas I'm making a thread. My most recent work on my machine was taking apart every little piece, dusting them (even under the CPU) and then putting them back, and I'm still getting the same problem. The last bit of advice that I haven't followed is to switch back to the old CPU fan and then slap everything back together, but would this even really change anything?

Also I'm semi scared my CPU might be burned, but it was working fine before I switched fans (but it was running hot for a while).

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Comptuer problums
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 09:50:00 PM »
What happens when you turn things on, again?
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 11:07:46 AM »
I plug it in and turn it on, all their lights and fans turn on (mobo, graphics card, new CPU fan, everything seems to be running) and yet the screen still gets nothing. No plot or anything, just a blank screen. I've taken and put everything back together, and it still happens.

Could it possibly be the CPU fan? I've yet to put the old one back, but I really see no way of it even causing that so I haven't really bothered with it.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 04:41:53 PM »
I highly doubt it's the CPU fan. Did you actually remove the processor from the socket for any of that? If so, you might want to make sure you put it back in the right now (I dunno whether there's anything to keep you from putting it in the wrong way or not).
Just an idea.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 08:56:12 PM »
ONLY the second time I've done it. Also I'm thinking of swapping the monitor from this PC to my room to check it. I'm basically at square one now, MAYBE I'll undo and redo everything sometime next week but I hardly see a fucking point.

IT WAS THE FAN BOOBIES. That's strike one.

Also the old fan seems to be doing slightly better, at least as of now. I think I got it a bit more secure, but I'm still nearing 70 while playing penumbra.

Also evidently a fan compatibility issue can cause your monitor to fuck up.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 12:03:03 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 10:36:15 PM »
ALSO, could anyone recommend some software that would increase the speed of my CPU fan? I have rivatuner, but it doesn't look like it even increases the CPU fan speed.

Also also also what's a good GPU idle temp?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 07:26:15 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 05:44:33 PM »
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835114073

This fan looks more compatible, considering it has the 4 prong opening for the power thing, and it has the exact same CPU hookup my current one has. should be decent. I mean, it supports Core 2 Duo E6000 Sequence, so I'm hoping it will support a core 2 quad.

Also I need advice for that GPU temp.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 06:01:48 PM by MortifiedocAlot »