Author Topic: Starcraft.  (Read 3168 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Starcraft.
« on: June 23, 2010, 10:47:08 PM »
So, in case people missed my post about it in the "what're you playing" thread, I've been trying to get better at starcraft.

I was wondering if anyone's up for some matches sometime. I'd like to play against another human, rather than just the computer, because the computer is too predictable, and easily exploitable (attack main base at beginning, AI pulls all workers, micro around, get tons of resources).

I'm absolutely horrible at the game (I think I average 50 APM... That's absolutely atrocious.) but I'm working on learning.

The only catch is that I can't play on regular battle.net

But I can still play online, thanks to the private b.net server on iCCup.com. That link sends you to the "how to start" page on there, detailing how to get connected to their server. It's not hard, and either requires a registry file, or simply using any of the b.net gateway editors. The other thing is that they have a custom launcher for their anti-hack system, which also loads up an add-in that can modify a couple things (reduce latency, among other things.)

It's easy as hell, so that shouldn't be a reason not to get on here and play me a couple rounds. I need to get better, and playing against other people is the best way to do that. Only problem on iCCup is that it's heavily competitive, so many of the players are quite good, and there was just a season reset, so all the ranks are messed up, and some of the really great players are still low ranked.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
Re: Starcraft.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 04:34:59 AM »
I played religiously at one time. I have my original SC Serial number memorized but I don't have the disc anymore. Regular SC only I'll be able to play until I buy Broodwars.

Got a link to a good clean SC torrent?

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Starcraft.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 12:56:30 PM »
If you play on iCCup you don't need to have a real copy anyway. It doesn't have the cd key checker.

I'll PM you with the link.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x