Author Topic: Motor Scooters/Mopeds  (Read 3040 times)

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
Motor Scooters/Mopeds
« on: June 29, 2010, 05:54:40 PM »
I just got one the other day...But from what I understand, electric ones don't require anything besides a helmet, yet, gas powered require a helmet, license, insurance, plates and stickers. Why?

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Motor Scooters/Mopeds
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 05:56:23 PM »
It depends on the size of the motor. Different motor classes have different requirements. I don't know the details though.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 11:14:46 AM »
Pretty much.  An electric scooter is not going to get you going to 30-45 mp/h but a gas powered one is considered a small motor bike because of the engine size ie 75cc.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 01:06:38 PM »
You can still get electric scooters with larger engines. But I do believe that the cutoff for gas powered motors is 50cc.

The Gas/Electric thing is more based on how much each type sells. You find more gas ones with larger engines, rather than electric, but they still do make electric scooters that are classified as small motor bikes.

Plus, if you have a gas powered one that is capable of 60 km/h, you can go on highways (provided you have a slow moving vehicle warning on it), so you need all that stuff.

But like I said, I don't know all the details. My GF looked into it at one point, and her dad had a moped, as well.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x