Author Topic: Linux from an SD card?  (Read 17386 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Linux from an SD card?
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2010, 01:10:34 AM »
Awesome, I didn't know about awk and sed, so that's why I mentioned grepping the output from df. I did some quick googling before asking, but from what I saw, I wasn't likely to find much useful info without spending a long time digging through the garbage to get it.

Bash scripting is definitely a useful thing to know, and it gives me an excuse to "program" some stuff once in a while to satify my occasional code craving, lol. I figured I'd run something like that while running some large emerges, like gnome, just in case I'm getting close to full. I don't have a huge partition to play with in linux at the moment. I'm already nearing the 50% mark :/

EDIT: Correction, nearing the 70% mark :S by the time gnome is installed it's gonn be full :< (well, that, and when wesnoth is finished)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 01:13:58 AM by Bobbias »
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Linux from an SD card?
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2010, 02:59:33 AM »
I'd edit the last post, but links doesn't want to let me. It brings up the "you've already posted this" error on the forum.

Anyway, it seems that wesnoth doesn't like me, and doesn't want me to be able to play with sound. mplayer works fine. I'm using alsa. I've had mplayer streaming music, and alsamixer for my mixer, and that worked perfectly, but wesnoth just says no available audio device, whether or not mplayer is running. google has failed me :/

Gnome works. Except that my Applications menu is completely empty... And Movie Player is lame and didnt notice that I am definitely capable of playing mp3s, considering the fact that I am currently streaming mp3 off di in mplayer.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 04:17:04 AM by Bobbias »
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x