Author Topic: Crazy shit I just made.  (Read 4296 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Crazy shit I just made.
« on: August 10, 2010, 09:36:53 PM »
Behold, my bizarre and possibly headache inducing sound experiments.

I am checking out AudioMulch, which is a really weird program. The first track is a severely mangled version of the amen break. It's not as mangled as it sounded before, simply because I layered the original break over top of the mangled version to make it more usable. Now I can use it as a loop in FL or something.

http://bobbias.soundfolder.com/ has both of them. The first track is Amen, and the second one is Funky Shit.

The second track is some weird-ass creation I came up with just by fucking around in the program.

I use a loop player to loop a single electronic piano sound, but I have it set to play the sound as a 5th of a bar of 4/4 time, stretched to fit that timeframe (creating a weird plucked sound).

I have that feeding into a RissetFilter, which is basically a Risset Tone (aka Shepard Tone as a glissando) with some noise (who's volume I have automated).

I have an arpeggiator using slightly detuned square waves feeding into an effect that simulates spatial movement, and I feed the right channel of the RissetFilter into a Bitcrusher (which I've automated).

That is the left channel. The right channel is the reverb send output of the spatial movement filter, without being crushed.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x