Author Topic: FUCKING READ THIS  (Read 10307 times)

vladgd

Re: FUCKING READ THIS
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 07:05:18 PM »
ignoring shitstorm (with me not in it?  is this a s.net first?)

don't know if want, but will be interested in seeing how it turns out. 

i am not a duke nukem fan, the most i played was about an hour of the n64 version at a neighbors house.  but i am into the whole duke nukem theme, the "not seriousness" of the thing.

but for fans, this is fantastic news, and hopefully it proves to be a fun game at the very minimum.   

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 02:16:24 PM »
You're missing the other point on those games (Fallout 3 and Mercenaries 2) and that's that the other flavor of the month these days is sandbox games. Market games and tell people that they can do anything in them and they'll play it.

I'm still not entirely convinced that the only reason that Mercenaries 2 sold was because it was a sandbox-style game.  With Fallout 3, at least Bethesda could lean on the success of Oblivion and Morrowind.

I'm sure there were some people who bought it for that reason, and I'm sure some others bought it because they enjoyed the original game, but most of the people that I know that played it or bought it did so solely because they couldn't stop singing "Oh No You Didn't."

ignoring shitstorm (with me not in it?  is this a s.net first?)

Yep.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 07:25:45 PM »
Yeah, but that commercial also had taglines like being able to do whatever you wanted and showed tons of explosions. That's "baller" these days.

Ugh.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 09:20:11 PM »
i am not a duke nukem fan, the most i played was about an hour of the n64 version at a neighbors house.  but i am into the whole duke nukem theme, the "not seriousness" of the thing.

Play Duke 3D, it's more than just "hurr Douk being silly" it's actually a really good shooter.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2010, 09:39:11 PM »
Frankly, I don't give a shit how Duke does, I just want to play the game.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 12:08:50 AM »
You're missing the other point on those games (Fallout 3 and Mercenaries 2) and that's that the other flavor of the month these days is sandbox games. Market games and tell people that they can do anything in them and they'll play it.

Yes but none of these games have balls of steel!

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 03:59:52 PM »
Well, I didn't actually bother to stand in line for four hours to play DNF, but a few of my friends who got 3-day passes to PAX did, and they were pretty impressed by it. And they got some neato swag, my friend got a bottle of steroids ;o;