Author Topic: [Solved itself] Windows cursor is broken.  (Read 10764 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: [Solved itself] Windows cursor is broken.
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 07:18:05 PM »
I can't find it anywhere.  Sorry. :(

Kind of interesting to hear that my hack spread that far, though.  I didn't expect more than, say, two people to ever have it. XD
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2010, 02:38:05 AM »
Well, The version I had still posted that annoying as fuck popup message... So, I guess your hack didn't spread as far as you though, but either way, O2SX/LX was basically the only working server for o2jam I ever found, aside from one that only allowed single play, and ran like shit (and IIRC needed the chinese version of o2jam).

But yeah, if you come across it sometime, let me know, I've been searching for it for ages. I hate having to play on the shitty o2jam servers out there. They never have any of the good custom music, and way too much of the absolutely terrible original tracks (there were some good songs, but nearly all of the early stuff is absolute garbage, and way too easy at that).
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2010, 02:47:14 AM »
Heh, I think it's safe to say that it spread further than I thought considering more people than myself and Milk Chan had it. :p

But yeah, if I run across it I'll send it over to you.  I actually have one more idea as to where it might be...gimme a sec. :o

Edit: I FOUND IT.  Here, have a URL: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xs17pn0fhefp2dh.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 02:49:48 AM by Spectere »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2010, 03:09:08 AM »
Oh sweet. I had really thought I was never going to find o2SX again. How did you get it anyway? Milk Chan?

You wouldn't happen to have o2lx, by any chance? It had a nifty feature that let you automatically generate a song list based on what files were in your folder, and I don't have any other utilities to do that right now, so I'd be stuck with the shitty songlist that the current server I play on has. Not to mention I'd need to figure out all the launch arguments to get o2jam to launch for my server.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 03:12:17 AM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2010, 03:26:34 AM »
Oh sweet. I had really thought I was never going to find o2SX again. How did you get it anyway? Milk Chan?

Nope.  I haven't heard from him in a forever. D:

I actually just retraced my steps.  When I was going back and forth between Maryland and Ohio I wound up shifting my O2Jam stuff to my external hard drive so that I could take it with me and use it with my laptop.

Now let's fast-forward to 2008, when I built my Core 2 Quad system.  When I was transferring the data from my P4 I skipped a ton of things that could be reinstalled or that I already had copies of.  Since I already had all of my O2Jam stuff on my external drive, I just wiped it, hence the reason I couldn't find it with my backups from that system.

I recently started using that external hard drive to back up my music collection (because I would quite seriously throw my computer out the window if I lost all of that), so I shifted all of the data on it to my internal hard drive.  Since that particular directory was outside of my normal backups directory (really, it was intended to be temporary until I could afford to grab another 2.5" USB hard drive, but I never got around to it) I skipped over it on my initial search.

And yes, my hard drives are confusing, tangled messes.  I pretty much have sections for my P4 from 2002-2008, the XP install from when I first built my C2Q (which covered about a month's worth of time in 2008), my Vista install which spanned 2008-2009, my short-lived Vista reinstall from 2009, my Windows 7 install from 2009-2010 on my C2Q, and my current Windows 7 install that I have in my i7.  *stops to catch his breath*  Oh, that's not even including the pre-2002 files that I had on my P4 back in the day.  In my defense, I have been slowly organizing all of that crap.

What I really should do is pull all of my drives, get a new hard drive (I'm inclined to get a smallish but speedy SATA 6Gb/s drive for my OS), clear off one of my 750GB drives and plug that in as a secondary, then put my other 750s and my 400GB into my enclosure, then slowly fill the empty space with the data that I really want.  When I run out of space, I'll shift data off of another 750GB drive and put that in as a tertiary, etc.

Meh, probably won't happen, but it's a nice thought, anyway.

You wouldn't happen to have o2lx, by any chance? It had a nifty feature that let you automatically generate a song list based on what files were in your folder, and I don't have any other utilities to do that right now, so I'd be stuck with the shitty songlist that the current server I play on has. Not to mention I'd need to figure out all the launch arguments to get o2jam to launch for my server.

O2LX4U: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?g841txlq4z64gj8

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2010, 08:01:17 PM »
Awesome! Thanks a ton! I seriously thought I'd never see that stuff again.

And damn, you have a lot of backups, lol. Basically, I have whatever happens to be on the computer in the basement that my brother uses (likely all his stuff by now), whatever's on my 1TB MyBookWorld, and What's on this thing. The laptop I'm using has a 160 GB drive, that's been partitioned and such, thanks to that gentoo install I have yet to clean out, since it's worthless for the time being. The basement computer has something like 480 GB scattered across various hard drives. Most of those were scavenged out of my dad's old work computers. The MyBookWorld serves me as temporary storage for whatever I want to keep that won't fit on my laptop, and as a backup/storage device for my music.

Also, would you have any idea how to speed up transfers to that thing? They used to run at like, 2-3 mb/s, now they're down to like, 500-600 kb/s :/ When trying to move a couple GB worth of crap, that takes a while.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2010, 03:42:49 AM »
Awesome! Thanks a ton! I seriously thought I'd never see that stuff again.

Funny, I didn't either. :x

And damn, you have a lot of backups, lol.

Nah, more like one backup with a bunch of nested crap from various computers.  It's kind of annoying to find stuff.

Also, would you have any idea how to speed up transfers to that thing? They used to run at like, 2-3 mb/s, now they're down to like, 500-600 kb/s :/ When trying to move a couple GB worth of crap, that takes a while.

Are you transferring large files or a ton of tiny files?  Tiny files will always cause slow transfers.

Aside from that, make sure that there's no other processes that are hitting the network or CPU on the NAS.  The platforms that a lot of those use (whether it be a proper board or an SoC) aren't particularly beefy and generally can't sustain high transfer rates if anything else is going on.  Also, try killing off any non-essential processes that might be running.  Consumer NAS units don't usually have a whole lot of RAM, either.

Finally, defragmenting the hard drive couldn't hurt either.  Contrary to what Lintards say, no filesystem is immune to fragmentation, and for a low-spec system it could most definitely have a noticeable impact on performance.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 04:20:30 AM »
Big or small files, no difference. And I didn't change anything in the NAS to prompt that change, it just sorta happened one day. (IIRC it might have even happened in the middle of a transfer). I used to get 2-3 mb/s, and the bottleneck was the fact that the NAS runs a shitty little ARM at 333 mhz, lol. But it was stable at that speed for ages, and recently (I forget exactly how long this has been going on) it just decided to stop going quickly.

Is there any way to essentially hack/punch a hole into my SSH on my NAS? I've lost the password (tried a bunch of times to use common passwords and permutations, as well as usernames, nothing worked) to get into it. I can take a look around and check things out once I get in, but until I figure out a way to breach my own apparently ultra-secure SSH, there's nothing I can really do to it, aside from reboot the damn thing, and I don't think that'll change anything.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2010, 03:36:05 PM »
About the only hole you'd be able to find with SSH is a vulnerability, but you'd need to know the exact version of it, assume that the particular vulnerability wasn't patched by the distributor in its current patch level, and hope that it's not an architecture-specific vulnerability.  The long and short of it is that there's no hidden backdoor.

Pretty much the only way to do it would be to reset the password via chroot.  Even if you managed to mount the system partition (and I'm assuming it's probably in flash and not on the hard drive...if not, you could at least take the unit apart and mount the hard drive on your system) you'd have to do some voodoo magic in order to actually do the chroot since I don't think your laptop is running an ARM processor.  You'd have to use qemu to boot an ARM environment, then use that to chroot into the hard drive.  Good god, that would be a pain.

If the ssh user's password is shared with the web interface of the NAS (assuming that is still functional) there might be a way to reset that.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 09:04:45 PM »
Holy shit, I got in. Apparently I capitalized my username, lmao. And I was actually in the middle of setting up a cygwin environment with ssh so I could use THC-Hydra to try to crack the password, lol. I guess even if I tried that, if I didn't capitalize the username, I'd have been just as screwed anyway. Now to try to figure out if there's anything I can do to speed things up :/

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2010, 12:04:40 AM »
Lawl, case sensitivity. :(

Glad you were able to get in!  First thing I'd do is make sure that nothing is hitting the CPU.  Run top (if it's available) while doing a transfer to see if anything's pegging the CPU.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2010, 03:46:34 AM »
Will do. Also, first thing I did was tell it to reboot. Uptime was over 15 days. I quickly tested a transfer and is started out at like, 1.2 mb/s. I didn't let the transfer keep going for very long, but that's definitely a good sign.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x