Author Topic: You couldn't ask for a lamer topic!  (Read 255810 times)

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
Re: You couldn't ask for a lamer topic!
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2011, 02:30:07 PM »
I don't Know

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2011, 06:01:53 PM »
So the fan in my old laptop suddenly stopped working yesterday. I was really depressed because basically my life is on that laptop. I took the whole thing apart, but that didn't help any. So today I talked to my parents, and we went out and bought another laptop.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 11:25:14 PM by Bobbias »
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Kulli

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2011, 07:24:57 AM »
so yeah I don't enjoy coming here anymore

I already talk to everyone that's cool here outside of here except Mort. You're a bro, but a somewhat inaccessible bro. Oh yeah, and Spec. But he's a different kind of bro.

cy@

K-Mann

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2011, 09:41:29 AM »
Welp,

Bye then. Thought you were pretty aight but if you wanna go...

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM »
This kind of thing seems to happen a lot around here.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2011, 01:27:27 PM »
I guess, but the last 3 or 4 times it was just Vlad.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2011, 03:45:36 PM »
hah.

but people usually don't announce when they leave, they just forget the site exists. (Christian to an extent, Squ3r, gay artist guy).

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2011, 04:28:54 PM »
And that is why that topic should have had all that shit removed from the topic :/ I was really hoping spectere would do something about that because that wasn't exactly a constructive topic to be arguing about... (yeah, I know I had a bit of a hand in the beginning as well :()

I was really hoping that this site would stay civil enough to not require moderation, but obviously that isn't the case.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2011, 10:20:32 PM »
so yeah I don't enjoy coming here anymore

I already talk to everyone that's cool here outside of here except Mort. You're a bro, but a somewhat inaccessible bro. Oh yeah, and Spec. But he's a different kind of bro.

Peace, holmes.  Feel free to give me a shout if you ever need any nerd stuff.

And that is why that topic should have had all that shit removed from the topic :/ I was really hoping spectere would do something about that because that wasn't exactly a constructive topic to be arguing about...

I generally don't respond to flames unless I get reports.  Especially on threads that I prefer to ignore.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2011, 11:06:15 PM »
I usually completely forget about the report feature.

I mean, what's said is said, but I think that it would be nice to clean out that thread and get rid of the arguments, since they really don't contribute anything to the topic.

Like I said, it really sucks that it turns out this site can't hold together without some form of moderation.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2011, 11:43:30 PM »
It's already resolved itself, outside of the fact that each party said they weren't going to read the previous post.

I generally don't respond to flames unless I get reports.  Especially on threads that I prefer to ignore.

So all of them.

flaffl

• KOREA MEMBER ^_^ FUNNI KEKEKEKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2011, 11:46:28 PM »
And that is why that topic should have had all that shit removed from the topic :/ I was really hoping spectere would do something about that because that wasn't exactly a constructive topic to be arguing about... (yeah, I know I had a bit of a hand in the beginning as well :()

You make it seem like he was the victim of the entire thing. His conceitedness about himself being above others really pissed me off. I'm glad I at least have the balls to acknowledge what I said to him earlier was wrong, but it's too bad that his head was too far stuck up his ass to not see that I apologized to him.

Like I said, it really sucks that it turns out this site can't hold together without some form of moderation.

This place is perfectly fine. One person leaving isn't that big of a deal.

honestly, what a fucking attention whore. you don't have to announce that you're leaving. the only people that actually have a legit right to tell people that their leaving should be spec or a mod.

PS Each party? more like one party.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 11:48:42 PM by flaffl »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2011, 02:22:10 PM »
Every person who leaves here is one less person posting. In case you haven't noticed spectere.net has been getting steadily more and more silent since about feb 2008 (IIRC)... At this rate the site will eventually die, and it won't take that long. This place has been my internet home since I joined, and I definitely do not want to see it turn into a graveyard. One person doesn't make or break this site, but the steady flow of people posting less, leaving due to bullshit, or simply forgetting about this place means that it is continually getting slower.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2011, 10:08:14 PM »

No, after reading through it, it was more like two people just being unable to get along.  No amount of moderation is going to solve that.  Pruning the thread isn't going to prevent spillover.

When was the last time any real moderation actually needed to be done?  Oh yeah, the rare event that a spam bot posts.

So all of them.

No, more like just the thread dealing with drugs that I have no interest in, don't use, and don't plan to use.

And, once again, report button.
Every person who leaves here is one less person posting. In case you haven't noticed spectere.net has been getting steadily more and more silent since about feb 2008 (IIRC)... At this rate the site will eventually die, and it won't take that long. This place has been my internet home since I joined, and I definitely do not want to see it turn into a graveyard. One person doesn't make or break this site, but the steady flow of people posting less, leaving due to bullshit, or simply forgetting about this place means that it is continually getting slower.

I'd rather have three good posters checking once a day and having decent discussions than a large group of people bashing their keyboard senselessly to raise their post count.

Also, keep in mind that I do not promote this site, nor do I have a lot of e-friends that would be interested in foruming.  If you want more people to post, tell people about the site.  Link it in your signature on sites that you trust.  Make it happen.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2011, 10:22:27 PM »
Well, it'd be nice to get rid of the flamewars in the thread to clean it up (as far as you can clean up a thread about drugs) so we don't have to stare at post like that, but hey, its your site, so you have the final say.

And yeah, about the only other site I frequent on a daily basis is teamliquid.net now, and I don't really actually know anyone on there, aside from maybe some of the guys in the anime thread on there, and even then I hardly know them. I wish I could help bring new people in, but I just really don't know that many people well online outside of s.net.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x