Author Topic: You couldn't ask for a lamer topic!  (Read 254250 times)

Korremar

• View Profile
Re: You couldn't ask for a lamer topic!
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2011, 02:07:55 AM »
I read the site a lot actually. I just don't post very much. An update, for the curious:

- No longer homeless. I came to a friend's house to crash for the night, and his mom is letting me use the spare room they were gonna use for his sister's art studio until I can afford a place.

- Got a new job. I start on Monday. Host at P.F. Chang's, 40 hours a week, $10.50/hr, and I don't have to handle food.

- Convention's over and done with, it actually went better then expected. I got time to relax and enjoy myself during it, and was generally able to decompress and be a fun person. Everything outside the walls of the hotel ceased to exist for a few days.

- Taxes, and some mysterious money I don't know the origins of, came in. I've had spare money for a week. I bought some new clothes since most of mine are worn out, and it actually feels nice.

- I've cleared some things up with some friends, been spending a pretty good bit of time out and doing things. Preoccupying myself makes dealing with shit a lot easier.

- I've mostly been sleeping pretty well. I wake up and actually feel rested, and even if I'm a bit tired it doesn't take me more then a couple of minutes to get up and start doing things.

Sorry for the huge wall-of-depression. It just happens sometimes. It's hard to stay positive when you keep getting kicked while you're down.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 02:09:27 AM by Korremar »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2011, 06:12:41 AM »
Good to hear, sounds like your life dramatically changed around.

I also just discovered the whole penny arcade "drama" where they supposedly made light of rape in a comic, and a whole fuckton of people (and for some reason feminists, despite having a male being the rape victim).

http://debacle.tumblr.com/post/3041940865/the-pratfall-of-penny-arcade-a-timeline

Vinshuka

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2011, 10:55:23 AM »
Well feminists aren't always females, a feminist being some one who believes in rights for all not just for women (though its usually liberal feminist that are like this) Most of the people on here would be feminists. Exteremist feminists are the ones who generally hate men and even then don't condone rape of any kind. So its actually kinda understandable why they would still be outraged whether or not the victim was male or female, rape shouldn't be taken lightly.

Also as an art student I suffered through at least two semesters where one class would not shut up about feminist art, it tends to be full of shit, alot of female artist who can't get established turn to making feminist art as a way of being political and getting their name out there. It just hurts the whole subject.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 02:25:38 PM by Vinshuka »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2011, 02:24:39 PM »
I read the site a lot actually. I just don't post very much. An update, for the curious:

- No longer homeless. I came to a friend's house to crash for the night, and his mom is letting me use the spare room they were gonna use for his sister's art studio until I can afford a place.

- Got a new job. I start on Monday. Host at P.F. Chang's, 40 hours a week, $10.50/hr, and I don't have to handle food.

- Convention's over and done with, it actually went better then expected. I got time to relax and enjoy myself during it, and was generally able to decompress and be a fun person. Everything outside the walls of the hotel ceased to exist for a few days.

- Taxes, and some mysterious money I don't know the origins of, came in. I've had spare money for a week. I bought some new clothes since most of mine are worn out, and it actually feels nice.

- I've cleared some things up with some friends, been spending a pretty good bit of time out and doing things. Preoccupying myself makes dealing with shit a lot easier.

- I've mostly been sleeping pretty well. I wake up and actually feel rested, and even if I'm a bit tired it doesn't take me more then a couple of minutes to get up and start doing things.

Sorry for the huge wall-of-depression. It just happens sometimes. It's hard to stay positive when you keep getting kicked while you're down.

Glad to hear things are getting better. And yeah, it really does suck when shit just keeps going wrong.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2011, 02:31:57 PM »
Glad to hear things are getting better. And yeah, it really does suck when shit just keeps going wrong.

^ This.

That being said, when it gets to that point, it's a great time to just start over and move in a different direction.  The most important thing to do is to try to escape from your shell.  Going to things like the convention and talking to your friends again probably helped more than anything else.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2011, 05:21:00 PM »
Well feminists aren't always females, a feminist being some one who believes in rights for all not just for women (though its usually liberal feminist that are like this) Most of the people on here would be feminists. Exteremist feminists are the ones who generally hate men and even then don't condone rape of any kind. So its actually kinda understandable why they would still be outraged whether or not the victim was male or female, rape shouldn't be taken lightly.

It's not that I hate feminists, it's just the "outrage" at this comic is mildly retarded.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2011, 07:22:41 PM »
In other new: Cows Cows Cow.

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2011, 04:58:09 AM »
I still come to this site. I just make my one annual post though and disappear again.

Don't mine me choo choo

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2011, 02:11:42 PM »
Ian has yet to respond to any of my text messages, so: LET IT BE KNOWN THAT ON THIS DAY IAN ARCHIBALD BURGMYER HAS BEEN CORDIALLY INVITED TO SPEND TIME OVER ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING DAYS : MARCH 05 2011, MARCH 06 2011 : WITHIN THE BOUNDARIES OF THE HOUSE LOCATED AT <redacted> IN BOARDMAN, OHIO. THIS TIME MAY INCLUDE, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO: XBOX 360 AND MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3; EXPRESSIONS OF AFFECTION TOWARD THE RESIDING CAT; NONSEXUAL TICKLING; SEXUAL TICKLING; DISCUSSIONS ABOUT GEEKY THINGS WITH LITTLE OR NO RELEVANCE TO EVERYDAY LIFE; TEASING JEFF.

YOUR RESPONSE IS REQUESTED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2011, 02:28:57 PM »
Archibald? O.o

Anyhoo...we shall see.  I'm looking pretty busy this weekend, but I might be able to swing by in the evening or something.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2011, 02:31:50 PM »
Party?  :3
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2011, 04:09:05 PM »
I'm jealous. I've been doing nothing recently, and I broke my phone so I have no idea how to contact people.

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2011, 07:04:58 PM »
I'm jealous. I've been doing nothing recently, and I broke my phone so I have no idea how to contact people.

Write a letter and mail it via your local post office!

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2011, 08:22:53 PM »
Being without a phone sucks... Take it from someone who has a phone that is out of service more often than it's in service :/
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2011, 12:16:55 AM »
Write a letter and mail it via your local post office!

You mean....not via the internet?

fuck that.

Also boobies, I'm just glad I have my facebook up, so I can sort of set something up. Then again my friend's still seem to be in town/doing shit and I never know. It's getting annoying.

So does anyone even care about Bradly Manning? I feel disgusted at the way no one cares, or supports the way he's being treated.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 03:44:15 AM by MortifiedocAlot »