Author Topic: You couldn't ask for a lamer topic!  (Read 256349 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: You couldn't ask for a lamer topic!
« Reply #330 on: November 13, 2011, 02:01:09 PM »
uh, can you explain why this is a good thing?

Mobile Flash simply never worked right.  Flash is far too heavy for mobile devices.  Even Flash on the Wii, which uses a full PowerPC processor, doesn't work well.  Not to mention that it sucks down battery life like no one's business (Android isn't battery-friendly as it is, but Flash is heavy enough to easily max the CPU on weaker hardware, and if you're running a dual-core ARM it's going to both murder your battery and run the CPU very hot).  There is also no way of optimizing it per-device or per-OS, so what Adobe gives you is what you get.  Furthermore, almost all of the Flash applets on the web were not designed for a touchscreen -- they were designed for a keyboard and mouse, which the touchscreen still does a relatively poor job of imitating.

HTML5/JavaScript, on the other hand, has many of the same capabilities of Flash.  It has the added bonus of being usable on other mobile platforms, as Google, Apple, and Microsoft all have excellent web browsers in their current-generation phones.  And, of course, it's an actual standard, backed by a standards body.

For a good example of what HTML5 can do without requiring any browser plugins, check this site out: http://html5games.com/.

Also my friend wants to start some websites, anyone got any ideas? I was thinking about gathering some witty friends and just commenting on recent topics. Also what's a good way to learn HTML/anything else useful?

W3Schools is a great resource for getting started.  I would definitely recommend that he look into implementing CSS into his HTML early on, as it makes formatting web pages much more straight-forward.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #331 on: November 14, 2011, 02:19:06 AM »
Oh an, I just read this article:
http://www.destructoid.com/mmo-stories-ode-to-cheddar-bacon-214813.phtml

Probably one of the funniest things I've read in a while, and it's nice to see something written by someone who doesn't do drugs that isn't hating on someone who does partake of the magical green herb.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #332 on: November 14, 2011, 02:43:44 AM »
Heh, that reminds me of this one pally tank that I played with on my old realm in WoW.  He was literally unable to tank unless he was high as a kite.

No, seriously, he completely sucked if he was sober.  It was hilarious.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 25, 2011, 04:31:51 PM »
That'll happen. For some reason I get better at FPS games when I have a decent amount to drink.

Also anyone here know anything about SF modding? I've been trying to get Makoto's main outfit to change, and by the looks of it this mod uses a model only found in DLC. I've dropped the model and the colors in the main charecter folder and changed them so that they're makoto's primary model and color, but only her colors change and her default model stays the same.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 05, 2011, 10:25:15 PM »
So as something funny and interested a few days after I left basic the Blue Coats (DCI group) was performing...I watched the video and was like "Damn missed them"

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 19, 2011, 12:01:16 AM »
Alright, just watched the rifftrax for the second twilight movie, which was funny. I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but the movie is bad. Not bad because it's a poorly written romance novel, but bad because it's like teaching teenagers that suicide is a good way to get the attention of a boy you like, and that it's normal for guys to fight and get incredibly violent and beat women over simple jealousy, and it's also perfectly okay to string a boy along by telling him you love him and then marrying another guy.

Fuck, it's just awful.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #336 on: December 19, 2011, 07:56:51 PM »
I've seen the first three Rifftrax for the twilight series, it's amazing how a commentary can turn such an awful experience into something fun.  8)

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 23, 2011, 03:04:33 AM »
Ditto here. I used to show the first one to people who'd never seen Rifftrax before, but I got tired of watching it after the 5th time through. So now I use The Day After Tomorrow. That one's always fun.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #338 on: December 24, 2011, 08:58:37 PM »
Saw the fourth twilight movie a couple of days ago.  It's actually hilarious.  There's even a Christopher Walken impression in there.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #339 on: December 24, 2011, 10:00:48 PM »
Seems like Eclipse kinda kicks ass when it comes to Java.  Looks like my biggest mistake was trying to use it for PHP.  Fuck that noise.

On an unrelated note, alcohol affects me in really weird ways.  I had about six or seven shots of Jager in a fairly short span and not only do I not feel tipsy in the slightest, but my level of focus right now is unparalleled.  Maybe I really do have adult ADD. <_<

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 01, 2012, 12:40:43 AM »
Don't know where this belongs but:  Sometime I feel that I am out of place.  For example I care about my girlfriend and love her but feel that I don't really belong considering that she has other male friends who are out to get her and she gets along with them and I feel out of place when we are doing games of LoL and talking in Skype group conversations.  I don't know could be me being insecure. :/

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 03, 2012, 11:34:43 AM »
Ran into a snag here, but my ipod will not update because it keeps dying mid update, and it's evidently not charging off of my PC while updating.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #342 on: January 03, 2012, 02:17:58 PM »
WELL, YOU CAN ALWAYS BUY MY 4TH GEN 64GB IPOD TOUCH FOR ONLY 250 US DOLLARS.  IT HAS 5.0.1 INSTALLED ALREADY!

*cough*

What kind of iPod is it?  Will it charge off of the PC at all?

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 03, 2012, 03:57:25 PM »
I screwed around with it, and it eventually realized it had some charge in it and updated my songs while pluged in and started charging. My battery can barely hold a charge now, and I only ever use it in my car where it has a constant charge going to it.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #344 on: January 03, 2012, 04:40:33 PM »
Well, my iPod's battery holds a charge very well.  And it's for sale! 8)