Author Topic: You couldn't ask for a lamer topic!  (Read 254228 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: You couldn't ask for a lamer topic!
« Reply #525 on: June 27, 2014, 06:04:51 PM »
I ended up getting Space Engineers pre-sale, but I don't really care. It's seriously worth twice what I paid for it as it is.

I have a feeling that it's going to be another Minecraft for me (which I still play, because why not). The main difference is that since Minecraft on Steam I don't have to look at the disgusting amount of hours that I put into it. With Space Engineers I'm going to be constantly reminded of how much time I spent on it.

Totally worth it. Game on!
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 09, 2014, 01:53:27 AM »
I think the last thing I got was Balders Gate 2 Enhanced Edition. Anyway soon as I get my new ISP and upgrade my internet from 2mbps to 60mbps, I will see about downloading Space Engineers a shot.

I got bored of Minecraft fast, but I love space, so this should make the game more interesting to me.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #527 on: July 11, 2014, 06:06:51 PM »
SPAAAAAAAAAC-*slap*

And yeah, I'm about 52 hours into Space Engineers so far (26 hours in the last two weeks, which is pretty high for me for a single game). Even beyond the ship building in creative mode, survival mode is surprisingly addictive. The real trick is doing as little as you can by hand and building specialized ships to take care of the heavy grunt work.

Then there's always fixing your muck ups. Nothing enforces careful behavior than having to rebuild part of the back of your ship because you backed into an asteroid during a mining run.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 06, 2014, 06:04:44 PM »
Well i got my new ISP...it seems pretty fast. Downloading stuff off steam at like 7.7megabytes per second...it's speed that I am TOTALLY not used to. Going from a bicycle to a rocket ship fast or something.

Funny enough, I haven't even really been playing any games, just the occasional ultra street fighter 4. Not much a drive to delve into anything else at the moment.

Mainly lifting my life long ban on alcohol and consuming those beverages while I indulge in tranny nonsense on the internet. 2014 is a funny year.

Ohh one last thing, Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition players handbook is out soon, totally picking it up with the intent of playing again in the future.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 09, 2014, 03:47:04 PM »
So I was looking on the interwebs to read up on some mechanics for the Doom games when I came across this gem: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3139577

Jitterskull is such a bitch. 

Waaah, waaah the Arch-Vile is op!

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #530 on: August 11, 2014, 01:50:20 PM »
Path of Exile is pretty goddamn fun. Not a fan of the whole Diablo 2-esque "Inventory Tetris" thing, but aside from that I'm having a ton of fun with it.

forums.steampowered.com

Well there's your problem.

Mainly lifting my life long ban on alcohol and consuming those beverages while I indulge in tranny nonsense on the internet. 2014 is a funny year.

Just try not to overdo it. Hangovers suck. :s

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 12, 2014, 03:30:31 AM »
Just try not to overdo it. Hangovers suck. :s

It has been a trial and error process, but I think I know how much I should consume. First time ever drinking...several weeks ago was like 530ml of 80 proof rum out of the bottle...

LESSON LEARNED, don't do that.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 12, 2014, 06:23:36 PM »
Well i got my new ISP...it seems pretty fast. Downloading stuff off steam at like 7.7megabytes per second...it's speed that I am TOTALLY not used to. Going from a bicycle to a rocket ship fast or something.

We had CenturyLink DSL for the past year.. paid for 40Mbps, barely got 12-20Mbps any given day. Shitty Zyxel modem/router's Wireless never worked properly and they were hardasses about sending us a new one for free/charging for a technician to come out there.

Finally made the switch to Cox, paid for 50Mb, got at least that speed if not a bit more. To top off that, Cox recently doubled their 25 and 50 Mbps plans, so now we have 100Mbps internet, which gives us around 10-15MBps. Drool. And their 1Gb speed service is on the horizon.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #533 on: August 18, 2014, 05:40:45 PM »
My diet seems to be going well! I lost 30 pounds in 3 months so far (currently 243 pounds; aiming for 185). :D

It has been a trial and error process, but I think I know how much I should consume. First time ever drinking...several weeks ago was like 530ml of 80 proof rum out of the bottle...

LESSON LEARNED, don't do that.

Yeah, that's a bad idea, haha.

When I drink (which is pretty rare) I usually drink a bit slowly (shots being the main exception) and, more importantly, spread them out a bit. Much like when you eat, you don't feel the effects right away, so you could end up overdoing it and not even realizing if it you're too quick.

I generally stop when I feel buzzed, at the latest. If you go much further than that you're probably not going to be too happy when you wake up.

Seems to have worked out well for me so far.

We had CenturyLink DSL for the past year.. paid for 40Mbps, barely got 12-20Mbps any given day. Shitty Zyxel modem/router's Wireless never worked properly and they were hardasses about sending us a new one for free/charging for a technician to come out there.

That was the "quality" of service that I got with AT&T DSL. Paid for 6/1.5, actually got 3/0.6. This happened with both the modem that I got from them as well as a D-Link that I bought separately.

I switched to Time Warner (I seem to be one of the only people who don't have any issues with them, though that might be because I have far more Comcast experience than I'd like), pay for 50/5 and generally end up getting 55/5.5. Can't complain! The modems that they use (the brand name escapes me for some reason) seem to be fairly reliable. When I was still on their 25mbps plan I had a shoddy POS that I'd have to reboot once a week. Now I usually only have to reboot it every two months or so.

Kind of sad that I have to reboot them at all when my router chugs along without an issue, but oh well. C'est la vie!

jinxie

• Meow!
  • cool kids club president 2004-2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 18, 2014, 10:34:15 PM »
hi, I'm really bored, and I had to try to fix people's computers again at work in the IT job I was shoehorned into.

I COULDN'T DO IT.

buckets of tears.

hi kids.

also

DIETO?

mine isn't going anywhere but i haven't gained any more weight so i guess that's good
i'm bad at motivation

please send help i don't get out much anymore what is life

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #535 on: August 19, 2014, 12:19:28 AM »
I'm sure you'll be more motivated when you're not getting Lubbock'd!

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 19, 2014, 04:58:05 AM »
My diet seems to be going well! I lost 30 pounds in 3 months so far (currently 243 pounds; aiming for 185). :D

I'm doing the dieting thing too! I hit 260 lb early this year, which was a new low (high?). I finally got serious about it the past couple months and am down to 230 lb, targeting 190 lb or so.

I switched to Time Warner (I seem to be one of the only people who don't have any issues with them, though that might be because I have far more Comcast experience than I'd like)

A huge deciding factor in my current apartment is that it was supported by CondoInternet (== symmetric gigabit for $80 a month). Comcast has a monopoly in many regions of Seattle, but several apartment complexes have access to CondoInternet and it was a gigantic pleasure to inform Comcast exactly where they should consider shoving their consumer-hostile behaviour.

Unrelated: I have a different car now! My old one finally rusted through important things (brake lines, fuel lines, support joists) after a decade of Ohio winters. I've since picked up a 2005 Elantra (5-speed, new clutch, ~90k miles) that has been coddled by the sweet, mild Washington weather.

jinxie

• Meow!
  • cool kids club president 2004-2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 19, 2014, 09:45:37 AM »
I'm sure you'll be more motivated when you're not getting Lubbock'd!

God I hope so.

In related news if Dan can get the Sunday off during labor day weekend we're going to Austin to scope shit out.

I CAN'T WAIT TO NOT LIVE HERE!

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 19, 2014, 04:35:19 PM »
When I drink (which is pretty rare) I usually drink a bit slowly (shots being the main exception) and, more importantly, spread them out a bit. Much like when you eat, you don't feel the effects right away, so you could end up overdoing it and not even realizing if it you're too quick.

Yeah, I pretty much do that. However, if I say want shots...the night will end poorly because the more I have in me, the more I want. I think I'll stick with large mixed drinks, SAILOR JERRY I NEED U BABE!

I would kill for 12mbps a few months ago, but if you was paying for 40, and didn't get half that, yeah, fuck that shit. Right now I pay for 60, and it regularly clocks at ~62. I am more than satisfied right now. Downloaded Fallout: New Vegas on a whim the other day, normally would take my old internet ~12 hours to download that...downloaded in 14 minutes.

AND FOR VLADS TRANSNESS, gonna schedule another doc appointment, I think I feel better about trying this stuff out now(5 solid months of questioning, investigating, talking to trans folk, and therapy). Soon as I get a date, I will have new motivation to actually get fit, because losing testosterone is gonna make weight loss harder. Thankfully I don't have THAT much I want to lose, ~20-25lbs. May take a few months to get my stuff though.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 21, 2014, 12:55:10 AM »
Just picked this beauty up today for $350 from a good DJ buddy of mine. I feel extremely lucky as these things are at least $1,000 new. The only thing 'wrong' with it is a missing pitch fader slider which is easily replaceable. He happened to upgrade to the DDJ SZ (just spectacular to see in person, definitely on my future future wish list.)

Here she is

Still deciding whether Traktor or Serato is going to be best with my mixing style, that remains to be seen. Not really a big fan of the Serato DJ layout. As a bonus, however, DJs using the DDJ SX do not have to buy/activate Serato DJ. So that's pretty neat and cool of them to do.

From what I have experienced so far, the layout and options in front of me are perfect for my style of mixing, and I absolutely have room to grow with this setup.

Previously, I was limited with Numark NDX400s (which I am selling), or a mouse/keyboard/MIDI Trigger Finger mapped to traktor's basic faders/knobs. Totally not cutting it anymore.

I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/