Author Topic: You couldn't ask for a lamer topic!  (Read 257013 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: You couldn't ask for a lamer topic!
« Reply #600 on: June 14, 2015, 10:26:52 PM »
laying on the couch together and just talking about whatever bullshit, for some reason, that's just the best part for me.

Been in a relationship for ages. Can confirm just being together is amazing (sex is still nice though).
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #601 on: June 16, 2015, 12:14:05 PM »
Been a long damn time, but I got me a partner. It's a weird feeling, honestly has been a super long time. Sex is like, way less important than society tells me it is. Why do they do this? Now laying on the couch together and just talking about whatever bullshit, for some reason, that's just the best part for me.

But idk, I'm an old fucker who's been away from this stuff for too long. New experience to me anyway.

How does society make it a big deal? You mean dumb meatheads like the Jersey shore guys? Entertainment is sexualized for business purposes because it attracts people.

Also, that's awesome! I imagine that's a great feeling. How did you guys meet? How long since your last?

Sex is also different for everyone. To some it's a bigger deal than others. Some folks put a lot of eggs in the sex basket. I did when I was younger because I was the last one in my group of friends to have sex and I got ridiculed HORRIBLY for it (we were all assholes to each other back then). I was 19 when I lost my virginity. I don't know if that had some kind of permanent effect on me but having a good sex life is actually really important to me now, as shallow as that may sound. It doesn't make a good relationship by a long shot as I learned through experience, but I'm very sexually charged so it has kind of become one of my "needs" in relationships. Fortunately I've been with a woman for a year now who shares that notion.

I still feel bad about breaking up with a girl 9 years ago because she wouldn't have sex with me due to religious reasons. She still refuses to speak to me a decade down the road which shouldn't bother me so much but it kind of does.

In the end though you're right when you say about laying on the couch talking about whatever. Deep conversation about anything and everything is like nothing else with a partner. Easily trumps sex. I've had partners who were pretty "simple" and basically incapable of deep conversation. I should have known things wouldn't work out in those instances but I'm a hopeless romantic and always looked for the good no matter what. A detriment that's caused me a lot of pain but I am who I am and I'm ok with that.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 16, 2015, 10:57:47 PM »
I ain't saying sex is bad, though it did start off a bit rocky for me, those problems have been ironed out and it's fine now. It's just, it's not the best thing ever, it's damn good, but it aint the best thing ever.

But we pretty much met at work. I know work relationships are taboo, but I don't really work a serious job at the moment and im looking for something with better hours. Anyhow, they've made a comment about their folks being gone for a week and they'll be alone for a week. I live in Michigan, they moved here from California back in...February ish, so they don't have that big of a circle of people yet. I figured we get along, and I'd go over there and hang out.

Basically, I wasn't interested in anything happening, I figured we'd just hang out and talk. They're like trans, ftm, but now they've told me non binary, not identifying as either so to say. So because of that, wasn't really interested in anything romantic happening, but also because of it, we could relate on that level because I've had my own trans experience. So I went over with my n64, we talked while that was being kind of passively played, stayed till 4am...and that sparked another visit the next day, brought my ps2 but mostly just talked, stayed till 6am...which then I figured I'd go over again the next day...It was a Sunday, and I stayed till Wednesday. Nothing happened the entire time, just talking and hanging out, until Sunday. They were going to bed, I was going to leave, they offered for me to stay over so I wouldn't have to drive home...I thought about it...ended up saying fuck it and sleeping there...more talking, I end up with my arm around them...they take my hand towards their breast...and yknow, yadda yadda...now we're where we're at.

It just kinda happened. It's weird going from "not really attracted to this person, but they're cool and we get along" to "holy shit they're gorgeous, I love being around this person" in a pretty short period of time. I do know "new relationship feels, everything's gonna feel perfect, then after a while it slows down and blablabla" but, right now it's going good, trying to take futurey stuff into consideration and squash potential issues as I think of them. Communicating and being as honest as I can to try and avoid any issues in the future. Also like...large age difference between us, right now it's not an issue, but I really don't know how it will affect things in the future. I do not wish to say what it is, but they aren't 21, and I'm quite a bit older than 21...It really makes me feel like the bad guy in a way for whatever reason. Partly due to that, I'm not making any moves myself but following their lead or going with their advances, unless it just comes up in conversation as something we both want to do because then I know it's cool. It's a bit weird to think about when I am away from them, but with them I honestly don't see it being obvious at all. I know my place, and my entire goal is to make this person as comfortable as I can. I want to say I've done a damn good job of it so far, because of the feedback I have gotten, but I just really really really really don't want to cause any drama at all. If there's a problem, we can talk and be civil, and solve it. Just trying to lay down this baseline "it's ok if you don't like something or want to do something, we can talk about it and there won't be a problem" type of vibe. Because I figure if we can't talk about something, there's just going to be problems down the line, and I don't want that.

So, like, it's been cool so far. Trying to think about things to do outside of our residences, going out, movies, dinner, whatever. It's really nice. I haven't felt this good in probably over a decade now. I've literally never felt so comfortable around someone in my entire life. Where we can fuck, and afterwards, just joke around and laugh about whatever. It just damn nice, I don't need to pretend to be someone else, we can just joke around and whatever and it's ok.

*edit*

Idk how I make big tldr posts when I drink, but I do. At least my drinking has gone down a lot.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 05:44:41 PM by vladgd »

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 18, 2015, 02:23:15 PM »
Whoa that's a pretty wild story. I had no idea you had your own trans experience. Care to elaborate? I have 4 sisters, two of which (my older siblings) are lesbians, and my best friend I grew up with doesn't care about gender so I was kind of raised with that being normalcy for me.

Happy for you. Hope it works out.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #604 on: June 20, 2015, 03:01:02 PM »
I'm really happy to see your stance on communication. Whenever someone asks me about how i've kept my relationship going for so long, that's the key thing I mention is honesty and communication.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 23, 2015, 01:44:52 PM »
I had no idea you had your own trans experience. Care to elaborate?

If you look back a few pages you can see a chunk of my experience already. Basically most of 2014 I was confused about my identity and thought I was an mtf trans. I went and did things I would normally never do, going to a therapist, seeing doctors to get hormones, telling irl people about this stuff, started drinking, ACTUALLY GETTING HORMONES, and yeah. I got hormones in December and quit shortly after, it was the thing I needed to figure everything out, and I feel quite comfortable with where I am at right now months after the fact. I still want a more fem look, maybe incorporate some fem clothes into my outfit, but I identify as a male, and have no desire to live as a woman. I just prefer the aesthetic I guess.

But the trans feels went, and immediately brought me to wanting to be in a relationship, so I'd been perusing someone since around November or so online. We were going to meet up like next month or so, they live in California, I'm Michigan, so it's a bit of a trip. Thing is they fucked up and did something to really make me upset, and they know what they did was wrong, which caused me to decide to hang out with my co worker...and now I am with that person.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #606 on: July 09, 2015, 10:28:05 AM »
I just ordered a Gamo2 (formerly DJ DAO) FP7. Ow, my wallet (but it's going to be so awesome!).

I've gotten back into IIDX in a very big way recently and the US KOC keypad just isn't doing it for me. The original JP KOC felt so much better but they just didn't hold up as well. The KOC I'm using now is the JP base/turntable with the US keys, because the JP controller has a significantly better turntable. Works pretty nicely, but it definitely can't touch an ASC.

It'll also be nice to have a spare KOC for spare parts (I currently have two for 14K play).

Edit: hay guiz, guess what shipped today. ;D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 01:57:00 PM by Spectere »
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #607 on: July 16, 2015, 03:42:27 AM »
Nice. Also, got my second AAA in sm today make that third fourth 5th 6th AAA. If I was playing just a tad better I could AAA this too: (somehow I feel like nobody's even looking at my scores in the proper thread)

[too lazy to upload last AAA image]
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 05:10:04 AM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 16, 2015, 09:48:26 AM »
Do you index?

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #609 on: July 16, 2015, 06:16:28 PM »
Spread on df jk now. Haven't indexed in years.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 17, 2015, 12:26:47 PM »
I've never been able to play any other way. You should upload some vids and post them of your AAA's

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #611 on: July 17, 2015, 07:06:33 PM »
SM still doesn't have replays does it? I don't know how much trying to record things might mess with stuff if I have to record live. Also, no camera for handcam :/

I actually meant to make some more videos when I was still playing osu!mania but I've just been lazy and never gotten around to it.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 18, 2015, 12:01:29 AM »
I've pretty much 100% moved on from rhythm games to fightans at this point.

EVOLUTION 2015 IS ON FROM NOW TO SUNDAY, GET HYPE!

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #613 on: July 18, 2015, 01:48:33 AM »
SM still doesn't have replays does it? I don't know how much trying to record things might mess with stuff if I have to record live.

No, it doesn't have replays.

Do you have an NVIDIA card? You might be able to record using ShadowPlay.

I've pretty much 100% moved on from rhythm games to fightans at this point.

One could argue that there is a certain amount of rhythm in fightans. ;)
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #614 on: July 18, 2015, 07:15:16 AM »
No, it doesn't have replays.

Do you have an NVIDIA card? You might be able to record using ShadowPlay.

Nope, I'm on a laptop that only has intel hd4k. If I had a real gpu I would be much less bothered by the idea of trying to record a liveplay. I suppose I should at least try to record something sometime and see what the framerate actually looks like.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x